LegacyGT.com

Help me with my Stage 2 work

I had the same issue with my infamous1 stage 1 tune today. My IAM was at 0.3125. Should be 1.0 if everything is fine. I did a ecu/tcu reset in romraider and went for a drive back to 12ish psi and full power overall.

I am thinking I got bad fuel. I actually switched from 94 petro to 91 shell and this issue came about. Will talk with Shamar if the issue keeps coming about. Will switch back to 94 though.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users

thanks IBR and ericem. I never even thought of the fuel. come to think of it, I did fill up right before it happened.

I'm going to re-write the stage 2 base map today after work. Hopefully shamar comes back with my first revision.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Bad fuel or 91 octane. You need to be careful when getting gas in the northern areas I know in NH and Maine it's not easy to find 93, not sure about northern VT.

Good Luck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
Bad fuel or 91 octane. You need to be careful when getting gas in the northern areas I know in NH and Maine it's not easy to find 93, not sure about northern VT.

Good Luck.

ya that's gotta be it. I didn't have any problems until I filled it up the last time. It was supposed to be 93 from a citgo station in Glastonbury. It wild the performance difference......

I'm going to double check all the vac lines when I get out of work. If anyone else has any other suggestions as to where to look for troubled spots please let me know. The FMIC fittings are on there as good as they can be, but I will double check those as well.

Behind the elbow on the intake behind the Alternator there is a small round filter that has a hose and the ones on the back of the intake under where the old tmic was. Buy a bag of small black zip ties and tie them all.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Mega Users
Behind the elbow on the intake behind the Alternator there is a small round filter that has a hose and the ones on the back of the intake under where the old tmic was. Buy a bag of small black zip ties and tie them all.

zip ties, check. They are holding my mangled bottom engine cover on, so I have plenty:lol:

will do this when I get home.

• Mega Users
Also just remove you mufflers if they sag. If you have a catted DP you may like the sound.

to be honest, I'm starting to like the OEM mufflers alot, especially tucked. It gives something nice to look at from the back besides the trailer hitch. :lol:

to be honest, I'm starting to like the OEM mufflers alot, especially tucked. It gives something nice to look at from the back besides the trailer hitch. :lol:

That's why you have muffler deletes made. Nice tips that come out to the bumper. I think mine are 4" openings. I'll email you a picture.

Here's the rear shot

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4595.jpg

Ryan stop by at work today. He said the other day someone in a Audi S5 come flying up the on ramp and then slowed down next to him in the wagon. They looked at each other, the guy in the S5 went to WOT and jumped out a ahead. Ryan dropped it into 4th, passed the guy in short time and had to get off the exit before he could slow enough to see the guys face. It would have been priceless...

Here's the wagon with the deletes

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4159.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4158.jpg

• Mega Users

IMG00023-20120116-1319.thumb.jpg.97ccdd730f465736c6bd872b1c46545f.jpg

with my 4x8 ready to go to the mountains to pick up wood.

IMG00024-20120116-1320.thumb.jpg.dad118b92a4ce8b16c72a2471785eb42.jpg

view from front

IMG00025-20120116-1321.thumb.jpg.7cc438364cc57c0cbbbbe88340eae594.jpg

see the FMIC is a little dented. it came this way unfortunately. I had waited more than a month for it so I didn't want to send it back. See how I put the copper pipe covering over the coupler and t-clamps. I did this to minimize its exposure to the elements, as I'm frequently driving on New England roads. It's cut and installed so it can easily drain out from underneath to avoid puddling.

No point of posting pics on engine bay as they look terrible after you put an FMIC and its piping on.

I was trying to be nice and not mention that. Besides you already fessed up to that. No need to bring it up again.

I know what you went through cutting the bumper. I have done a lot of cutting on the Civic, I was nerves when I had to cut a hole in the rear bumper for the chute mount.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCF0800-1.jpg

I did all the cutting in the lower right for the charge pipe and some of the FMIC. The guy's at the body shop did the finish work for the FMIC.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCF0410.jpg

I'll be in yellow with light gray pants. The helmet is the same yellow as the civic.

I get on the A quad at 7:45 AM or before. I do lunch at the Sugar House 11'ish. Might get the GF out for some lunch and turns in the afternoon.

I nornmally ski with the Flemings, old race team parents.

• Mega Users

going to the parents house tonight to diagnose the loss in boost. I will check all vacuum lines around the alternator and TMIC location. I will zip tie as I find them, and try to test for leaks.

If anyone else has suggestions as to what I should look for, that would be awesome. it COULD possibly be bad gas, but I'm not sure that bad gas would make the boost drop from 18psi to 9psi, or stock levels.

I cannot hear any whistling or indications of a vacuum line that popped off. But again I don't know what I'm looking/listening for:rolleyes:

• Mega Users
I'll be in yellow with light gray pants. The helmet is the same yellow as the civic.

I get on the A quad at 7:45 AM or before. I do lunch at the Sugar House 11'ish. Might get the GF out for some lunch and turns in the afternoon.

I nornmally ski with the Flemings, old race team parents.

Nice good stuff. You got that helmet custo painted, right? I feel like youve had that thing since Ryan and I were racing.

No such luck finding any boost leaks. I'm going to re flash the ecu tonight to see if that does it

• Mega Users

Just went outside to install the turbo blanket. Holy smokes i couldnt figure it out, it's harder to install than the front mount haha. Jk, it was snowing outside and tough to see what i was doing. I'll figure that out later

I decided to gab the laptop and tactrix before I went out to see if re flashing the ecu would help my sudden loss of boost. Sure enough, after reflashing the ecu, the car now runs and drives just like it did when i first flashed it. Its now boostin back at 17 - 18 psi.

It's been almost 10 days since i first flashed my ecu with the stage 2 base map that infamous sent me. He must have something programmed in his software and base maps that revert the base maps back to the stock maps if a revision isn't done within a certain period of time.

The car literally felt like it was back to stock one random morning. And thats why i checked for leaks, found none, and decided to ref lash. Did anyone else have this happen to them? I guess infamous is down for the count right now after tough day at the track. Hopefully he can start revising maps again soon.

There is no such hook. Something most likely caused IAM to drop and the car was pulling timing and boost. Something happened. Keep driving and see if it happens again. An LV should have shown something. Knock, pulled timing, stored codes, AFR off, something.

Just spoke with Shamar. All base maps and tunes will be up to date by end of day Friday. 50 tunes being worked on this week. Probably his busiest week yet.

It's been almost 10 days since i first flashed my ecu with the stage 2 base map that infamous sent me. He must have something programmed in his software and base maps that revert the base maps back to the stock maps if a revision isn't done within a certain period of time.

Highly unlikely.

Archived