LegacyGT.com

Help me with my Stage 2 work

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
which blanket do I go with, the regular blanket, t3/t4 blanket, or t3 blanket. Are these blankets interchangable, like If I went with the standard blanket would it fit around an 18g?
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users

The car is actually running a lot nicer since the base map flash. I think the ECU maybe just needed to adjust for the changes?

The lag is so minimal its awesome. The one thing I've noticed, and maybe BMX045 can chime in since his setup is pretty similar minus the tune, is that when its in I-drive its a little tough to shift in the beginning. The throttle response is so low in that setting the gears will sometimes clunk from my shifting/not being used to it.

I'm having trouble with learning view too. The screenshots arent saving and files arent saving:mad: Stupid windows vista

I-drive, what's that... it's S# or nothing.

Glad the car runs well, it will only get better now... :)

BTW Ryan has my Wagon this week. Yesterday he said, that thing is pretty fast. LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
I-drive, what's that... it's S# or nothing.

Glad the car runs well, it will only get better now... :)

BTW Ryan has my Wagon this week. Yesterday he said, that thing is pretty fast. LOL

:lol:. Where is the R32?

I love the wagons......

• Mega Users

Good stuff. Per your request, I took off all the bolts that i loosened and put anti seize on them:)

I also swapped out the exhaust bolts with stainless steel ones

• Mega Users
Took it on the jay peak trip. 600 miles. Sub 0 temperatures, car was running great. It was shaking a lot during the first 2 hours of the drive home. I think it was from the snow caked underneath the car. Very annoying and this isn't the first time it has happened to me. oh well, it was smooth as silk after that

• Mega Users

looking into the killer B setup as of now...

deciding whether to save up for a clutch first, or go with killer b pickup and pan. The clutch is holding as of now, and I'm treating it nicely to try and prolong the life.

car is burned about a 1/4 quart on the 600 mile trip...thinking of the puddling I saw in the TMIC when I took it off.

also trying to figure out the left exhaust can. It hangs just a little lower than the right, and i've seen tons of leggys that are like this. The left and right hangers are tucked equally. Anyone have any suggestions? Man it looks a ton better with these cans tucked. I try not to notice the hideous trailer hitch under them

77k miles it just turned

For the saggy mufflers, use big hose clamps to snug them up. Just open the clamp up put it around the hanger and tighten the clamp.

I would also save for a clutch before the oil pick up.

Which brand oil you using ? Some burn off slower than others.

I keep a qt or two in the 05 all the time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users

very strange. Just got into the car, rolled into WOT and it only boosted to 9 psi, same level as the stock map. Went though all the gears on the highway and its boosting at that 9 level in everyone. Its running exactly like it did with the stock map on it.

I'm almost positive there are no leaks. I just went on a 600 mile drive this past weekend, in temps ranging from 35 to -10 and there was no difference in performance through the entire trip

Just looked under the hood. All the lines to the BPV, recirc, etc are all attached correctly.

Could the car have reverted to the stock map? The battery hasnt died:confused: I wonder if I reset something by accident

• Mega Users
Are you reading that from logs or from a boost gauge ?

very good point I'm reading it from a boost gauge, but the car feels slower....placebo maybe

When I had my boost leak, it was from a small vac house right behind the altanator that attached to this round filter thing, but it only cuase me to lose 2 to 3 psi. I would check that and the infamous blue T connection that always pops off under the tmic. I used zipties and a drop of glue to hold those in place.

Once you flash the map, it can't revert to a stock on it's own.

Archived