LegacyGT.com

TurboXS Midpipe/Y-Pipe Development!

BAC5.2

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my exhaust on Friday and put in on right away! Had to modify the heat shield a bit to clear the flex section and still getting a small vibration at the rear from the passenger side stock muffler coming in contact with the body on acceleration and hard turns, but overall I am VERY happy with the system! SUPER quiet with the stock muffs though, but at least I dont get the "blowing" sound I did from the stock exhaust! :)

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic...

1695533374_2012-11-0915_52_27.jpg.dbceb0403290c839c181d4d3ab695fad.jpg

Got my exhaust on Friday and put in on right away! Had to modify the heat shield a bit to clear the flex section and still getting a small vibration at the rear from the passenger side stock muffler coming in contact with the body on acceleration and hard turns, but overall I am VERY happy with the system! SUPER quiet with the stock muffs though, but at least I dont get the "blowing" sound I did from the stock exhaust! :)

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic...

How does the Y section hang down for you? Do you feel it's fine or does it seem to be low.

Thanks for the picture! I'm waiting on the mufflers to go with this.

How does the Y section hang down for you? Do you feel it's fine or does it seem to be low.

Thanks for the picture! I'm waiting on the mufflers to go with this.

I can try to get some pics tomorrow when its light out. It is no lower than stock and my car is lowered on Legacy Tein coilovers. I see no clearance issues at all.

Especially since I'm so tempted by the new OBD2 certified high flow cats... Maybe they can start offering that in lieu/upgrade to the typical HFC found in the stealthback. There's no reason we can't have a high flow cat and be legal in 49-states (technically illegal still, but have a far superior emissions reduction).

Now that Turbo-XS is a site vendor, I'm sure there'll be plenty of room for a potential group buy on this and perhaps other products as well. Good stuff.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Especially since I'm so tempted by the new OBD2 certified high flow cats... Maybe they can start offering that in lieu/upgrade to the typical HFC found in the stealthback. There's no reason we can't have a high flow cat and be legal in 49-states (technically illegal still, but have a far superior emissions reduction).

We have those on the way. Probably won't be until March 13.

Why can't the cans be here already?!?! I'd so grab them, but I will hold off until the full CBE is available (and hopefully a v2 DP with the new cats mentioned).

Archived