Stock Mufflers

STI Up pipe

Process West TMIC

Deatschwerks Injectors 850cc

Deatschwerks 65c Fuel Pump

Cobb SF Short Ram Intake

ACT HD Clutch & WRX Flywheel

KartBoy STS & bushings

and a few other goodies here and there...

The car really isn't that loud and sounds great! Jermaine is easily the best tuner around. Big thanks to Jermaine, Raj, TruboXS & the boys. I will take updated pictures along with a video when it's not so gloomy outside.

My ride sounded like that when I took off the resonator, that lasted for 2 days and I put it back on. Sounding good is in the ear of the beholder.... I think with the resonator, the Y-pipe, and stock cans it will sound close to what I like.

• 5 months later...
I spoke with Raj @ TXS about a week ago and he says the axle back for our cars won't be available until after the summer. I live 15 minutes from TXS so I'll supply any updates as I get them. But you can easily get a hold at Raj on TXS Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&_rdr#!/profile.php?id=183125445098859&__user=1225500056

Thought the TXS cans were going to bolt-up to the stock Y-pipe sides, and be more subtle than, say, a Stromung setup, even connected to the TXS Mid-Y, but with no performance "ding".

In for more updates.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

you have to buy the mid-pipe and y-pipe.

No you don't.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I called up there and that was what was told to me....I was going to drop by and scoop one this past weekend, that info stopped me dead in my tracks. So whom ever answered the phone must be giving out bad info...Please elaborate

FYI - I don't know that name of the person who answered

Thought the TXS cans were going to bolt-up to the stock Y-pipe sides, and be more subtle than, say, a Stromung setup, even connected to the TXS Mid-Y, but with no performance "ding".

In for more updates.

I hope they are more subtle than a Stromung. I've been running the stock CBE the past few months, but am itching for a slight rumble again. Would keep my stock mid/y on to keep noise level down.

Stromung is pretty sweet, especially behind a HFC DP. I run the Cobb HFC DP which is made by Stromung, so it's a perfect fit and the sound is quite decent out-of-the-box. I'd like a bit less highway drone, but I have a wagon, so I expect some drone. Just hoping the TXS doesn't.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I hear ya. I had pretty much the same set up as you, Stromung CBE, Cobb catted DP, and all the Grimmspeed pre-turbo exhaust bits. Sounded great but a bit too loud for me. It was awesome when I was living out in the country, but once I moved to a residential, hilly neighborhood it became a bit too much. No highway drone at all.

Before that I ran a Bosal/SPT v.1.5. Very subtle but droned and tips sat a little crooked. Deeper rumble and less racey sounding than the Stromung.

And before that was custom magnaflow cans with stock mid-y. Sounded smooth and very quiet. Probably should have just stock with those. I have exhaust ADD.

I called up there and that was what was told to me....I was going to drop by and scoop one this past weekend, that info stopped me dead in my tracks. So whom ever answered the phone must be giving out bad info...Please elaborate

FYI - I don't know that name of the person who answered

unless something changed, this was intended to let you use stock cans or not. My car has the Mid/Y with stock cans right now.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

unless something changed, this was intended to let you use stock cans or not. My car has the Mid/Y with stock cans right now.

Correct, I wanted stock mid because of the resonator....and XS y-pipe... and stock cans....I was told all or nothing

The Y requires the Mid.

right, that is want I was told.....so basically either cut up the mid pipe and install the stock resonator....or configure some kind of flange to mate the two...or I'm asre'ed out.....I truly don't like the sound of the exhaust without the resonator ...I'm trying to reduce the restrictions with out increasing noise.

right, that is want I was told.....so basically either cut up the mid pipe and install the stock resonator....or configure some kind of flange to mate the two...or I'm asre'ed out.....I truly don't like the sound of the exhaust without the resonator ...I'm trying to reduce the restrictions with out increasing noise.

Not right. The TXS cans will fit with the stock mid/Y, and the stock cans fit with the TXS mid/Y.

I think we have our wires crossed, My understanding is that the stock y-pipe is very restrictive. So my thinking is this, replace the stock y-pipe with TXS's. I want to keep my stock mid-pipe because if the resonator. I want to keep my stock cans because they're quite. So my question is this; Are the TXS cans as quite as stock ?

Archived