LegacyGT.com

TurboXS Midpipe/Y-Pipe Development!

BAC5.2

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update Guys:

Will be offering a muffler solution for the Legacy GT to complete our MIDY kit. They will look very similar to our 2008-2009 WRX Sedan.

http://turboxs.com/shop/476-large/2008-2010-wrx-sedan-catback-exhaust.jpg

We will also also have fitment for the Outback as well but the Outback will be slightly delayed after the sedan at this point. We are expecting to see mufflers around March of 2013. The one thing we have not finalized as of yet is pricing on the mufflers, as we get closer we will price them.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com

Recap:

Legacy GT MIDY - Instock

Legacy GT Sedan Mufflers - 3/2013 - Pricing Not Established

Legacy GT Outback Mufflers - 4/2013 - Pricing Not Established

I had read through the thread and seen that, just was looking to see if there was a more specific timeframe for them, which was answered above!

No problem. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I know sometimes I read through some long theads and miss stuff that is right in front of my eyes :lol:.

Big thanks to TurboXS for getting on the site and giving us all an update! I know a lot of us are very excited for this new CBE!

No problem. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I know sometimes I read through some long theads and miss stuff that is right in front of my eyes :lol:.

Big thanks to TurboXS for getting on the site and giving us all an update! I know a lot of us are very excited for this new CBE!

Haha no worries, didn't think you were trying to be. Just didn't want you to think I had aimlessly posted a question that had already been answered.

Also, I talked to Jermaine at TurboXS and he said the outback and legacy wagon would be the same. I was under the impression that the outbacks didn't have bumper cutouts for exhaust and were different mufflers, is that correct?

The mufflers might be the same, but I bet the tips are different. Outback dips down under the bumper, the wagon is just a lengthened sedan.

That was my thought and he made it sound as if they were the same all around, which wouldn't make sense... :spin:

I'm waiting for someone to put those OBD2 high flow cats in a quality downpipe.

I have no clue what you mean by OBD2 high flow cat, but I can tell you that I will soon be working with a vendor to make a downpipe for our cars and it will use a metal matrix high flow stainless steel cat...

Nick

I am talking about an OBD2-compliant EPA-certified (49 state) high flow cat. They are about $400 each, but are legit at removing pollutants. Reference thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3715627&postcount=88. They are actually better than the OEM cat (on the OEM tune).

Cat is a GESi core. Vibrant brands and sells them. Here is a sample: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-Catalytic-Converter-Inlet-Outlet/dp/B009OLQ2IK]Vibrant 7530 GESI Ho-series Catalytic Converter 3" Inlet/Outlet : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

What benefit would your downpipe have to the other offerings currently available from Cobb, Invidia, TurboXS, or CNT?

I am talking about an OBD2-compliant EPA-certified (49 state) high flow cat. They are about $400 each, but are legit at removing pollutants. Reference thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3715627&postcount=88. They are actually better than the OEM cat (on the OEM tune).

Cat is a GESi core. Vibrant brands and sells them. Here is a sample: Vibrant 7530 GESI Ho-series Catalytic Converter 3" Inlet/Outlet : Amazon.com : Automotive

What benefit would your downpipe have to the other offerings currently available from Cobb, Invidia, TurboXS, or CNT?

The CAT will be similar to that, if not better. Vibrant is one of the brands we are looking at using.

As far as the downpipe, details to come later.

Archived