LegacyGT.com

TurboXS Midpipe/Y-Pipe Development!

BAC5.2

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we have our wires crossed, My understanding is that the stock y-pipe is very restrictive. So my thinking is this, replace the stock y-pipe with TXS's. I want to keep my stock mid-pipe because if the resonator. I want to keep my stock cans because they're quite. So my question is this; Are the TXS cans as quite as stock ?

The stock mid/y is all one piece. You can't just bolt up an aftermarket y-pipe.

you have to buy the mid-pipe and y-pipe.

Then why did you say this in reply to someone asking about the mufflers?

As for how the TXS mufflers will sound, I posted a video clip earlier that should give you an idea of what to expect.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Moderators
As for how the TXS mufflers will sound, I posted a video clip earlier that should give you an idea of what to expect.

Must've missed that. Earlier as in more than a year ago? I've seen the clip and heard the full TBE in person, but have not seen / heard anything with just the ABE.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Sorry, that was full CBE.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 months later...

Looks like the CBE is in now!! Didn't want to see this thread go away since the first post has some great pictures of the mid/Y. Nice quality option for 4th gen's.

Here is the TurboXS vendor page showing the cans:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turboxs-introduces-04-09-legacy-gt-midpipe-and-y-pipe-199486p9.html

I'm considering this setup when they get some wagon specific cans.

Can anyone tell me short of putting headers on replacing up -pipe, down -pipe, mid ,y and cans what kind of performance increase could be expected and which pipe needs to be catted in order to pass NYC emissions

Both the UP and DP need to be catted to pass a visual on the 2005/2006 Legacy GTs. If you're worried about the UP, find a good used STI or WRX stock UP and do the resistor-mod to clear the CEL.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 months later...

Are you looking at the prices on the website or have you sent a pm about the discounts they have right now?

Yes I can probably get a clip tonight. The wife and I are going to dinner so I'll grab one them. I probably won't be able to get anything WOT with her in the car though.

Lol, your wife like mine? Afraid of a good WOT pull? (Or utter lacking in confidence of your driving skill... i feel my wife falls into the latter category, haha).

And yes, i got a PM price a month or three ago. Better specials today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Lulz, she's just a person who tends to get car sick. Hates the feeling of shifting in standard cars yet liked my old wrx when it was summer and we'd to to family or friend functions. Still hated the shifting aspect. She's a girly-girl who feels cars are for purpose only. Her father though is a huge car guy and always has been. He's got one of those new twin turbo awd Taurus sho's which are fun to drive but MASSIVE. My wife could care less.

Anyway, I'll get some additional clips and pics in the next day or so.

Are you looking at the prices on the website or have you sent a pm about the discounts they have right now?

Yes I can probably get a clip tonight. The wife and I are going to dinner so I'll grab one them. I probably won't be able to get anything WOT with her in the car though.

Do you have a link to a thread about these discounts?

Archived