LegacyGT.com

TurboXS Midpipe/Y-Pipe Development!

BAC5.2

Why so negative?

I'm in the middle of moving, so I havent had much time to check in on TXS for a bit. The midpipes are likely at TXS now, awaiting check-in and QC. The mufflers were on their way to Australia when I was packing up to leave, so hopefully those will be back soon for fitment check and an OK on production, then that'll start those.

Hand made stuff doesn't happen overnight when it is produced in quantity like this. Quality takes time.

I'll post more info as things develop.

Ugh. Moving's a pain in the arse for sure. There's a reason they rank it up there with other major life events on the stress scale.

Sorry, forgot to include the winky/smiley ;). Only "stirring the pot" so to speak.

Very interested in this. Especially a dual HFC DP. The missus was complaining about the exhaust smell again this weekend. Hoping a second high flow cat will cut that enough to not be noticeable.

Cheers!

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really wanting to run stock mufflers again for stealth. But just can't bring myself to put that rusty stock mid/y back on. Can't wait for these pipes to come out.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm really getting tired of the drone from my GMS catback but the flanges on my stock catback are badly corroded/rusted. I may go ahead and put the stock back on anyway, especially since I'm planning a road/camping trip vacation and I really don't want to have to drive the entire trip with the drone.

Seriously, how much of a difference would it make on a tuned LGT to go from a free-flow CBE to the stock CBE? Any downsides?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I've got a Stromung which pretty much has no drone when cruising. It is just too loud sometimes when accelerating, especially up hills in residential neighborhoods. I have a Cobb DP and all the Grimmspeed goodies upstream of it which also adds to the loud factor.

Seriously, how much of a difference would it make on a tuned LGT to go from a free-flow CBE to the stock CBE? Any downsides?

On a stock turbo, even at stage 2+, probably would just lose a very small bit of power and throttle response. Likely hardly noticeable.

^ Thanks!

I've got a Stromung which pretty much has no drone when cruising. It is just too loud sometimes when accelerating, especially up hills in residential neighborhoods. I have a Cobb DP and all the Grimmspeed goodies upstream of it which also adds to the loud factor.

I have the IP&T Stromung setup exactly like yours, but on a wagon, and the drone at cruise can be intrusive on long trips. I really like it accelerating (and decelerating), but would really like to quiet it down across the range. Hoping the TXS replacement will be the answer.

Muffler design was finished this afternoon.

We also decided on adding a high temp/high pressure flex section to the mid.

40 mid pipes are scheduled to hit port this weekend and should be checked through customs and stocked for shipment in the next week or two.

Any updates?

Originally Posted by [b].:Catalyst:.[/b] [url="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/showthread.php?p=3901781#post3901781"][img=http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif][/url] 
[i][i]Waiting for something like this to show up...[/i]

Confirmed Orders
1. .:Catalyst:.
2. hicksta13
3. kongzilla
4. rpoz28
5. SBT

[i]note this is purely example and does not reflect an actual sale[/i][/i]

BAC any status updates? I know you've been busy with a move. I've been waiting on the mid/y for my stage 2 upgrade, but considering buying a 3" to 2.5" adapter to get rolling with that if this is going to be a while yet before it's available. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

No updates for a while. Just got Internet back.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I'm no longer local to TXS so I can't just stop by and check up on them.

Last I spoke with them, they were sorting out some logistic issues and are waiting for the mufflers to be completed before officially releasing the kit. The last thing they want to do, is to release a part that will then not fit perfectly. Better to have patience and release the right product the first time, than have to deal with returns and warranties because something was rushed and wasn't exactly right.

Call it vaporware if you want, but doing things right takes time.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I was going to say... this can be vaporware as long as no one has paid money. It's not like TXS is pulling a Stromung here and asking for money up front THEN failing to deliver as promised contracted... I'm sure this will be a superior product, perhaps the best exhaust on the market when it is released.

Archived