LegacyGT.com

TurboXS Midpipe/Y-Pipe Development!

BAC5.2

I'll keep everything in this thread for now.

There are two developments.

1) the container inbound is supposed to have the mid/y pipes on it. They might have accidentally been put on the next container due in 5 weeks. We won't know until the container gets here on Monday for sure. I'll update when I find out.

2) muffler piping is going to be mocked up on my car this coming week. Updates will follow this development as well.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this with a DP too? Catless or catted?

Thanks!

That is with a stock downpipe, IIRC. Hopefully I'll be able to get video of the mufflers on my car.

Compsurge - I'll ask. They might be in this shipment.

There is a fundamental problem with Australia, things have to ship literally around the world to get here.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I hope it's on the 5 week one so I am never tempted to get this :lol:

Any word on dual cat downpipe pricing development? I'm probably one of three people who would be remotely interested in it, so it might end up being too high.

Why the hell would you want a dual cat DP? One is MORE than enough.

That is with a stock downpipe, IIRC. Hopefully I'll be able to get video of the mufflers on my car.

No wonder it's so quiet.

I hope everyone realizes that will make a HUGE difference in the sound of the exhaust.

Why the hell would you want a dual cat DP? One is MORE than enough.

I like the idea of a dual high flow cat DP. I get complaints from the missus with a single cat. Maybe 2 would be the sweet spot of performance vs. exhaust stink.

I like the idea of a dual high flow cat DP. I get complaints from the missus with a single cat. Maybe 2 would be the sweet spot of performance vs. exhaust stink.

My car doesn't stink too bad, except for cold starts. After 2-3 minutes of running it smells like a regular catted car. STI UP, Cobb DP with a Vibrant cat rated for a 6.0L engine, factory cat back. If you did do a second cat, I'd stick it on the mid pipe, out of the engine bay. IMHO.

So this Mid-Y would work with stock mufflers, yes? What would the difference in piping size between this Y and the factory muffler be?

Who is local with a stock exhaust sedan? I'll need one for a few days.

I'm local and I have my stock exhaust still although it isn't on the car. Not sure if that's adequate for what you're looking to accomplish. Mind you, the 'need for a few days' needs a bit of clarification.

Archived