LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo kit, 1000 miles later.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are nice mufflers from what I've seen and heard. I don't think it yields any power because the 2.5i needs back pressure and when you go to the 3 inch, you lose that.

As far as go mods, the Rallitek cams are your best bet for 20 whp. But that's involved.

I found these two on EBAY for pretty sweet price. It's a cat-back system but I'd use just the axle-back and was wondering if these would be do-able. I like the exhaust tip better on the OBX (2nd link) better than the 1st link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Legacy-2-5-GT-2-5L-05-08-3-Dual-Catback-Exhaust-System-Systems-Y-Pipe-/390354676487?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae2f3ab07

OBX

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-RACING-CATBACK-EXHAUST-05-08-SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-WAGON-/180745563524?pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a15466d84

it really doesn't sound like anything honestly, just sounds a little louder in idle than the stock 2.5i mufflers do (which is close to silent) I got a set of X02 cans for free a few years ago so i put them on and i really dont notice any differance in sound, just in idle sounds a little deeper and louder and while driving it doesnt sound any differant than stock.

I hate reading this. Grumble. But very nice indeed. If I didn't have my V6 MR2, I would have bought this so long ago.

That sounds like fun haha.

1stick3pedals i hope you dont mind i made 2 videos.

Nice videos Tin. Pretty consistent with my car.

What kind of gas milage are you getting?

1stick3pedals i hope you dont mind i made 2 videos.

Sounds sick.... Your 0-60 seems to be about 6.5 seconds... Not bad without a hard launch.. expected more at 6 though i guess haha

so at 190hp/200torque are you makin about 250hp/torque crank?

Thanks for the vid!

Sounds sick.... Your 0-60 seems to be about 6.5 seconds... Not bad without a hard launch.. expected more at 6 though i guess haha

Thanks for the vid!

In my videos it looked like I was getting about 7. I wasn't WOT in 1st the whole time. So if I went WOT in each gear up to 6-6.1k I should see 6 seconds maybe even a little less. I'll try and get a better video next week with the camera mounted instead of having some one take the video.

That sounds like fun haha.

Nice videos Tin. Pretty consistent with my car.

What kind of gas milage are you getting?

Brian to tell you the truth im not sure about gas milage. i dont normally stay in boost when im crusing. if i had to guess its slightly worse than stock. i can live wth that though. Like you said previously i dont regret going down this road either the car is extremely fun and for a daily driver im very content. Besides i have a Honda S2000 sitting in my garage with future turbo plans ;) i wanted to get my feet wet with installing a turbo. For anyone who wants to do this kit i say go for it, i mean i didnt throw one engine code! Everything fit like it was suppose to. I cant wait to do another just gotta pay this off first haha :eek:

Thanks for the vid!

i dont like dumping my clutch i dont feel a reason to do so. Drivetrain loss varies but lets say 20% loss from the flywheel to the wheels if my math is correct would be a 38hp decrease. 228hp/238 torque crank. My pleasure for making the video!

Thanks for the vid!

My baseline was 126whp. Stock crank is supposed to be 170hp. That provides 26% drive train loss. If that is the case and it's proportional as you up the power.

Then technically my 200whp is 269hp at the crank. And Tin's would be 256hp with 190whp.

I don't know if the drive train loss can change or what variables are involved. But I feel like 269 hp to the crank is high. But maybe it is right :confused:

Brian to tell you the truth im not sure about gas milage. i dont normally stay in boost when im crusing. if i had to guess its slightly worse than stock. i can live wth that though. Like you said previously i dont regret going down this road either the car is extremely fun and for a daily driver im very content. Besides i have a Honda S2000 sitting in my garage with future turbo plans ;) i wanted to get my feet wet with installing a turbo. For anyone who wants to do this kit i say go for it, i mean i didnt throw one engine code! Everything fit like it was suppose to. I cant wait to do another just gotta pay this off first haha :eek:

I hear ya, my mpg is around the 25 mark when staying out of boost. Stock I could get over 30 on long high way trips, but boost is definitely worth the worse gas millage!!

I'll definitely be interested if you ever start a build thread for the S2k, I drove my buddies once and they have a lot of room for potential. Plus that huge empty space in the front of the engine bay for a nice sized turbo and FMIC.

i dont like dumping my clutch i dont feel a reason to do so. Drivetrain loss varies but lets say 20% loss from the flywheel to the wheels if my math is correct would be a 38hp decrease. 228hp/238 torque crank. My pleasure for making the video!

yeah but still expected a little faster for 190hp to the wheels, but it still sounds sweet and i bet the pull definitely is more satisfying. It's nice to see that these things are running great for you guys.

I could be wrong but I thought drivetrain loss was 25% for our AWD subies. Our cars are rated 170hp/170tq, but the dyno charts show to the wheels about 130ish hp and tq, which is about 25% drivetrain loss.

My buddy drives a WRX and has 400hp/tq but to the wheels has 300hp/tq.

Archived