LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo kit, 1000 miles later.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a 08 MT, never encountered the manifold sensor code. Why would that be throwing a code? As far as the MBC i heard it wasnt necessary since were only running 6psi. Also since youve been there recently Chris might already have a platform to work for my car.

Our stock sensor has a certain range, and once you add boost it will exceed the maximum end. Are you running the base map right now?

I tried to go to him without the MBC, but he wasn't very confident with the reliability of just adjusting the waste gate. I got a turbo XS MBC and it allows you to adjust boost up to 10psi I think past the original turbo setting. It's safer and takes no time to adjust the boost level.

Our stock sensor has a certain range, and once you add boost it will exceed the maximum end. Are you running the base map right now?

I tried to go to him without the MBC, but he wasn't very confident with the reliability of just adjusting the waste gate. I got a turbo XS MBC and it allows you to adjust boost up to 10psi I think past the original turbo setting. It's safer and takes no time to adjust the boost level.

Yes i am on the base map still, as far as the knock sensor goes i do have a scanner that clears codes but is there a permanent solution? I do want this to be a safe reliable set up as this is my daily driver, so ill look into a MBC. Thanks 1stick3pedals youve been helping me out now for the past few weeks i appreciate it.

Yes i am on the base map still, as far as the knock sensor goes i do have a scanner that clears codes but is there a permanent solution? I do want this to be a safe reliable set up as this is my daily driver, so ill look into a MBC. Thanks 1stick3pedals youve been helping me out now for the past few weeks i appreciate it.

The permanent solution for me was Chris just turning the code off.

As far as the MBC goes, I would call EFI and ask Pete to order one for you so that when you go for your tune it'll just get installed then. No charge for install (literally takes 10seconds to install if even), and then you don't have to pay for shipping on the MBC.

As far as reliability my car is good to go. The fuel economy is pretty good considering if you stay out of boost. I haven't recalculated since the last time, but the gas gauge isn't moving much when I stay out of boost on highway trips.

I have over 4000 miles now since the turbo kit was installed, no issues. Stock clutch is still going strong as well!

1Stick3Pedals you should put a video up to show these guys what your legacys all about.. once i get my BOV and tune done ill post a video!

I've been meaning too. But I only have 1 day off a week and the weather has been lousy when I do have time =\

I'll see what happens on Saturday. Maybe I'll get a chance after work to get some videos.

• 4 weeks later...
0-60? I'm dying to know haha

how does the engine sound with the turbo installed?

I know I've been slacking. I'll try and get videos done next week for you guys so that there is a reference for when I get the headers. Once you graduate college and start work, it's hard to find time anymore =\

But I will get some videos, engine revving while warm, drive by, and I'll do my best for some kind of 0-60 pull or similar.

It's being sold directly through us, avoturboworld. Rallitek is just a distributor of AVO parts, and at the moment they are possibly going through a change of ownership, so most products have been pulled from their site.

Feel free to contact me about any of the kits - I've got kits for the 99-2007 Impreza RS and 2.5i in stock (at the moment, at least) and have two more kits for the 2005-2009 Legacy 2.5i's coming in from about the 8th of November. One of those is spoken for though.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

Here are 2 videos for 0-60, let me know if they work =S

It looks like they were both about 7 seconds 0-60. Regularish kind of start, no launching. 1st gear shifted at around 5k, 2nd gear closer to 6k. If I were to shift at 6k in 1st and 2nd then the 0-60 from a regular start would be closer to 6 seconds, but 7 seconds is pretty good for not going all out. I'm not sure I was WOT in 1st, I'll be honest it makes me a little nervous. I don't typically drive my cars WOT and close to redline lol.

I had my gf helping me take the videos, she was getting whipped around by the torque so I hope the videos are good enough!

0-60 take 1

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/560/ti9.mp4/

0-60 take 2

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/847/4j6.mp4/

Just watched them again, really didn't go all out for these 0-60s. But you can get an idea of what the car is capable of.

I'll be getting a couple more videos tomorrow during the day light hours. Enjoy!

Start up and revving. I think it came out pretty good

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/525/rbx.mp4/

Keep in mind I'm not a professional photographer/video maker haha. Again let me know if these vids work for you guys.

If anyone has any requests let me know, I'll be doing a couple more this afternoon.

Great videos, I'd love to throw one of these in my wagon in the next year.

BTW what exhaust are you running? Been doing some research and there aren't very many options for the 2.5i subies.

Mario

Anything that fits the GT will fit our cars too. Stick with an axel back though.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Great videos, I'd love to throw one of these in my wagon in the next year.

BTW what exhaust are you running? Been doing some research and there aren't very many options for the 2.5i subies.

Mario

Thanks! It's the SPT exhaust. It has a nice sound, not too loud, looks really good, I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I believe when you go to the 3 inch pipe it does lose a little power. I ran it for 1.5 years and didn't notice a difference.

I actually read somewhere that axle-back mod for 2.5i may permit +5hp gain... which probably goes unnoticed if true, but does that sound right to u?

I wish there were cheap mods i can do to my 2.5i that'll give me at least +10-20 hp without spending thousands... driving auto doesn't help either LOL

Archived