godwhomismike

This looks a lot better than the current WRX hatch

Someone on the saabaru forums picked this one up:

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/n8doggod/Snapbucket/1880BEAB-orig.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/n8doggod/Snapbucket/CD412889-orig.jpg

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't mind the new look. I hate that black chicken wire grille though. Too ricey for me.

it's an option over the standard chrome wing...not sure which i prefer now that i've seen that

i saw a 2012 impreza sedan on the road the other day. looked like it was a base model, almost could pass for a prev gen hyundai / kia.

that impreza hatch is nice though

First "real" picture I've seen of the hatch (aside from press and website shots). Looks better than I thought. Still gonna need to drive one and see one in person, but the new Impreza keeps creeping back into my replacment car list for the Hyundai... someday...

I just saw one in person. The 5 door def looks better in person. Interior seems very nice for it's class. Although the mirrors are a bit funky. I saw a new Civic later in the day, and the mirrors were very similar. Both have that funky extra window on the door. I didn't drive it, as all they had were AT.

It did sit rather low though. I think I'm gonna wait for the XV.

I just saw one in person. The 5 door def looks better in person. Interior seems very nice for it's class. Although the mirrors are a bit funky. I saw a new Civic later in the day, and the mirrors were very similar. Both have that funky extra window on the door. I didn't drive it, as all they had were AT.

It did sit rather low though. I think I'm gonna wait for the XV.

I drove a sedan and liked it. I thought it was just the right height. I thought my 08 Impreza sat too low.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

What is going to be the purpose of the XV anyway? really 148 hp and a cvt?! it's basically a lifted impreza with black cladding. Now theres going to be 4 models of the 2012 Imprezas the base,limited and sport Impreza and the sport with the two tone is basically the outback sport so wtf is the XV's purpose? no 6 speed like what Europe gets and no diesel. I don't see it selling that well to be honest. The same with the BRZ unless they make a performance version of both. A turbo XV would sell good,market it as the XVT or XTI or something.

What is going to be the purpose of the XV anyway? really 148 hp and a cvt?! it's basically a lifted impreza with black cladding. Now theres going to be 4 models of the 2012 Imprezas the base,limited and sport Impreza and the sport with the two tone is basically the outback sport so wtf is the XV's purpose? no 6 speed like what Europe gets and no diesel. I don't see it selling that well to be honest. The same with the BRZ unless they make a performance version of both. A turbo XV would sell good,market it as the XVT or XTI or something.

In your opinion. :rolleyes:

You could replace XV with Outback and Impreza with Legacy. What is Subaru's most successful model? When the Outback came out, it wasn't even lifted. It was just paint.

The XV isn't a new model for Subaru. The rest of the world has had the XV while we had the Outback Sport.

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2010-Subaru-Impreza-XV-Front-Side-588x441.jpg

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2010-Subaru-Impreza-XV-Rear-Side.jpg

The rest of the world is getting the new generation XV replacement. SOA is replacing the Outback Sport with a vehicle that has actual ground clearance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could replace XV with Outback and Impreza with Legacy. What is Subaru's most successful model? When the Outback came out, it wasn't even lifted. It was just paint.

The XV isn't a new model for Subaru. The rest of the world has had the XV while we had the Outback Sport.

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2010-Subaru-Impreza-XV-Front-Side-588x441.jpg

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2010-Subaru-Impreza-XV-Rear-Side.jpg

The rest of the world is getting the new generation XV replacement. SOA is replacing the Outback Sport with a vehicle that has actual ground clearance.

Subaru was a niche brand and I don't think some people realize that since Subaru is a Japanese auto company with high reliability which reminds most people of Toyota. ;D Utility wagon/sedan.

If I recall correctly, the XV is for the urban outdoorsy buyer. It basically replaces the OBS.

I'm wondering what the line up will look like once they officially pull the Tribeca out of the mix.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

• 2 weeks later...
Went to the autoshow, sat in a few Imprezas. Much less impressed then I was when I saw on at the dealership few months ago. I can swear the demo unit I saw back in November had the same perforated soft-touch thing my spec has for a headliner. Cars at the autoshow had the same headliner older imprezas had, and somehow seem crappier overall.

They're a lot smaller than the pictures seem to convey. I was looking at one on Friday waiting for my salesman to come back. The rear windows between the D and C pillars are so tiny. Reminds me of the Acura RDX and MDX rear windows.

The head room is lousy for the front and nOn existent for the rear. I am 6'3". The seats do not go low enough for me. My wifes 02 rs has plenty of room even with my helmet on. I would definitely not want to be in the back seat for a long trip.

I did like the wizardry of the instruments. It seemed quite nice for the price of the car compares to all the other compacts I saw there and the interior quality was much higher than most of its competitors there. (with a caveat to that being there were no European manufacturers there to compare to) the dramatic slope of the a pillars and the position of the instrument cluster make it seem as though the windshield is miles away. Much like the 5 gen civic or the vw beetle. I happen to dislike that but some people there preferred it. and I absolutely hated the small-triangle window on the front.

Over all, without having driven it, I like the car and I think it's a direction Subaru needed to go in. However, I don't think I'll be jumping in line for one anytime in the near future.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

I test drove a demo while i work was being done on my leggy. i dont like where the mirrors sit, they seemed much to close to me as i was driving and they just look odd. To be fair, i have driven a car with a ridiculous A-frame (civic coupe), that thing had to be a foot wide and made turning thru and intersection difficult.

It seemed to drive nicely, controls were in good spots, seats seemed comfortable. I think a WRX version of that frame will look nice.

Archived