LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

:) Hey, no turbo required! Just gotta love Scoobys! :)

Thank you most sincerely for the invitation - but speaking only for myself, well, with the new baby, I can barely get away to go to work, much less for my own "hobby" stuff. :lol:

Still, this kind of invitation would be tremendously welcome on our local enthusiast Forum/d-board!

Try registering at LERSOC - the Lake Erie Region Subaru Owner's Club - and get this discussion going again. I'm sure the guys and gals there would love to have a place to chill!

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah i went to the LERSOC for the most part there are a few people there. but all in all i wasted my time, got my you know what tapped danced on and got accused of being illiterate. so i posted up in the central ohio subarus website and we are planning a meet right now. So if any of you are interested in this meet just pm me and as soon as i get the date i will let you all know. Again this is for central ohio, or anyone wishing/wanting to drive.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

RaGe,

Please don't misunderstand the guys and gals over at LERSOC - I think that much of what you thought was ball-busting was simply mis-communication (i.e. check NorthCoastWRX's reply, posted: Feb 19, 2006 - 12:02 PM), and furthermore, for as many time as I've read and re-read the thread, everyone gave you a hearty "welcome," and never brushed you off.

Some merely pointed you to other regional Scooby enthusiast Forums which were closer in physical location to you, but even within their messages - such as the one by SiFuSpec, they still offered a hearty welcome.....

I'm also confused when you cited on LERSOC that members here from LGT.com were "tap-dancing on your balls," but turn it around for just one day here, and you're making the same accusations of the members on LERSOC. :(

No-one is saying that you're illiterate, but please, read carefully ( and heck, not when a bit buzzed, as you admitted :lol: ) - our intents were always honorable and friendly, and never malicious. :)

Also, please have patience when organizing such get-togethers. Although I have not organized one for LERSOC nor our regional members here on LGT.com, I have done so, *MANY* times, for many of my other hobbies - and trust me, they're always a headache to plan. Typically, I spent about 10 hours per week organizing such events, and the week before the actual event, I'll be on-line, specifically to finalize the get-together, for well over 30-hours. Nevertheless, have-faith, as your hard-work will be rewarded with some friendly people and great times. Trust me, I've done enough of such in the past.

In any case, I just wanted to get things cleared-up - no-one's busting your balls, my fellow LGTer. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

i am not making a big deal about this really i am not. The biggest down fall that i have and being prior military and

working in a prison. but when i posted here and a couple of you told me to post up in the LERSOC i took your advice and

did it. and your right i did get warm welcomings. But the post by NorthCoastWRX and i qoute "Seems like most people on

this forum are from the Greater Cleveland area, thus the name LAKE ERIE Subaru Owner's Club". left me to believe that he

was being a smart ass. so i checked him on it. i told him and i quote "Oh and p.s i read the LAKE ERIE Subaru owners club

title. but like i said above a couple of people told me to post up in this site that alot of you do meets. and thats all i was

going for to see if anyone wanted to meet. but i appologise for posting in the LERSOC. but like i said if any of you are

passing through just give me a yell. would be more than happy to meet some of you and share some car mods in person".

at no time was i rude or disrespectful. i politly chekced him and told him i could read. and thats when he came back and

lightweight said he was sorry. Now about what i said about tapp dancing as far as the LGT website. just so i am clarifing

everything. to make a long story short, i posted about making new stickers. everyone voted no with the exception of a

couple of people who futher elaborated on there intent. but for the most part the only response i got was we already have

a sticker. my intent for that post was trying to get everyones opinion on it and get a little car club together because the

lgt website does have alot of meets from what i have read. i was just trying to become a part of the family and contribute

something becuase it seems alot of everyone on here has alot of advice to offer and i have never really owned cars

before. so i was just trying to help out. Sometimes my termonology lacks and for that i sincerely appologise. but i am

very forward and very opinionated. Like i said i am prior military and work in a prison. So i cant afford to blow smoke up

peoples you know what. But on the real side of it, i was not upset angry and even trying to talk smack. and yes i noticed

you replied to my response on the other site. your one that told me too. But for the record yes everyone was very

respectful and polite. My intentions are high and mean no disrespect. i hope this clears things up.

OTM.

Hey RaGe,

Sorry I didn't see your reply 'till today! Must have somehow missed it in my routine hits of the "New Posts" radio-button up-top in the nav-bar. :(

In any case, thanks for your clarification - I think I can now see where your frustration came in. Indeed, I feel for your trials...I've tried to organize many such hobbyist gatherings and other efforts in the past (some with great success, others, not so much), and I can definitely understand why you've felt so let-down by everyone.

Don't give up! Keep trying! That's the key to success in this kind of thing - the Internet is a fickle mistress, and failures one week may turn into total winners the next. :)

Again, I offer my own apologies if I sounded critical or down - that definitely was not my intentions, either. And certainly, now that you've explained more as to where you're coming from, I think we can all see that this has just been one of those "Errornet" propagated misunderstandings!

Hope to see you around some time, too, and get to meet and shake your hand!

I went to the Central Ohio Subarus website and registered. To make a long story short we have a meet planned for MAY 27th at my house. IF any of you would like to attend please feel free to pm me for directions. We planned on throwing some cow on the grill and maybe some fingers of death. Nice little social gathering takng some pictures of the cars and meeting some other people who have a passion for cars as much as i do. And TSI+WRX i would pesonally like to extend my hand in welcoming you to my house. It would not only be a privilege but an honor to meet you. Again anyone wishing to attend a meet at my house which is located in Greenfield Ohio please feel free to pm me for directions. Scheduled date is May 27th.

OTM.

Hey bro,

Thanks for that welcome - I'll be sure to take you up on that some time, and know that you've always got a crash here in NE-Ohio, too, if you ever need it. :)

Unfortunately for me, it seems that I will find it very hard, if not impossible, to make meets in the near future...not for mid/southern Ohio, but rather, even for "local" meets for LERSOC.

Having this little baby on our hands sure is taking a lot more of my free time than I ever thought possible! :lol:

Heck, I'm working on "our" very own little "core-exchange" program for the stock manifolds and cross-pipe with fellow LGTer "Mblock66," and I've asked him for a two-week potential shipping time period just so that I can insure myself enough time to get the part out to him!

And just this past weekend, I had to literally sneak-in about 30 minutes to work on my LGT!

Brother, I'd love to be there with y'all (and with my local LERSOC crowd, too), but it looks like this will have to wait 'till Anna's a little older, and I can take her to the meets with me! :)

Thanks again for the welcome - both "generally" and personally. And again, know that you've got a friend and a warm couch/futon "up north" should you ever need it! :)

same goes here. I know what your talking about as well. I have 2 kids of my own ages 5 and 4. My fiance has 2 kids of her own as well ages 6 and 3. Its hard to find time alone and or just being able to get up and go somewhere. weve invested in alot of movies and toys. that will buy you at least 15 minutes of alone time. and thats all i need know what i mean. LOL. Well if you happen to change your mind just let me know and i will give you the directions. My offer will always stand.

OTM.

weve invested in alot of movies and toys. that will buy you at least 15 minutes of alone time. and thats all i need know what i mean. LOL.

:lol: Trust me, I'm just now beginning to understand what my buddies with kids mean by statements like that! :icon_tong:lol:

Anna (she's about 7 weeks, now) will max-out her attention span in about 5 minutes on any one single activity.

Both the wifey and I have become great at eating a meal in less than 5 minutes!

Well if you happen to change your mind just let me know and i will give you the directions. My offer will always stand.

Same here!

Just wanted to bump this thread for the next couple of days, hoping that the guy I "tagged" in the CWRU Veale parking deck (Lot 53) will check-in here.

His OBP '05 LGT (5EAT w/factory spoiler) has been *exceptionally* clean over the course of this past winter, when I've been able to spot him (unfortunately, always in heavy traffic, so I was never able to hail him) - and I know that he does like to tip into the loud pedal a bit at times - so I'm hoping that he's an enthusiast like the rest of us.

If you do get here, say "hi!" :)

Hi everyone,

I know that there are two older Ohio threads:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1913

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722&page=1&pp=10

Both, aside from being ancient, also seem to focus more on our Central Ohio brothers and sisters. :)

Nothing wrong with that - but it's just disheartening that after a few weeks of road-time in Winky, I've not yet seen another '05 2.5GT here in NE-Ohio. I've waved to countless WRXs -both sedans and wagons- of all vintages, but not a single '05(soon to be "+") 2.5GT.

I currently belong to both LERSOC as well as OhioSubarus, and will soon be active on SLi, but it's been disproportionally biased (the former), within NE-Ohio, towards our WRX/STi brothers and sisters as well (again not that there's anything wrong with that :p .......).

I'd just like to get something started for all of us in terms of an introduction/sightings/get-togethers thread.

-----

My name's Allen. For the past couple of weeks, I've owned "Winky," my periwinkle (as the wifey calls her Atlantic Blue Peal exterior)/taupe-leather 2.5GT Limited.

I can be seen mostly in the Cleveland, Cleveland Heights (and surrounding Heights) areas, and have been known to wave/flash low-beams MADLY at fellow Scooby owners.

"Flash" me and Winky or wave at us when you see us! I'm easy to identify - I think I'm the only rather portly Chinese guy in a ABP 2.5GT around these parts, and I have my DRLs disabled and typically DO NOT run my fogs at night.

:D

I can also sometimes be seen in my wifey's gray '05 WRX sedan (with rear spoiler).

-A

what's up buddy, nice to meet you.

I've had my LGT for a little while now... sold it to myself when I worked at a subaru dealership, and I have yet to see another legacy on the road.

my name is Jeff

I live in Medina, and work in Collinwood (yikes, I know. but I'm a freight train conductor... ever seen a railroad track near a nice neighborhood? neither have I.)

Obsidian Black Pearl LGT limited sedan(2006) debadged and disabled DRL with an "I'd rather be playing paintball" license plate frame on the rear.

I typically don't honk/wave at subaru drivers from fear of being chased/beat down by man-hating lesbians (unless I saw an LGT or STI or something cool, I'd give a thumbs up)

I'll be sure and keep an eye out for a chinese guy in an LGT. if you saw me you'd probably know it... 6' 7" 22 years old and going exactly 5mph over the limit 98% of the time.

Also, are there any tuning shops/stores that sell cool subaru stuff around here? I've been in cincinatti and atlanta the past few weeks for work, but will be coming home later this week. I've made it out to summit racing on 76, nothing... most places go "huh?" and give you a blank stare when you say "got anything for the subaru legacy gt?" which is kind of cool, but irritating at the same time. I plan on doing a lot more researach into this upon my return.

thanks and nice meeting everyone.

Hey Jeff!

Glad to meet ya!

Paintball nut, huh? :) I've still got my old Lapco Grey Spirit and Black-Rain'ed VM68 lying around, we might have to go some time! :D

I'll definitely keep an eye out for ya...I don't typically get out that way much, but hey, you never know, right? ;)

In any case, you're now my second friend who is a conductor - another of my buddies is a conductor by trade, and an up-and-coming custom knife-maker in his off-time (CNC BladeWerks). Boy do you guys have a *LOUD* working environment! Certainly cool, though, getting to pilot around that much tonnage!!!!

I am unfortunatley not aware of any local retail stores; however, I also tend to do my shopping on-line, so that may in and of itself be the isssue.... Check the guys on LERSOC.com (Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners' Club) website, as they may know of a couple of places around-town.

Locally, though, Buschur Racing (of DSM-tuning fame) in Wakeman has started pairing up with LERSOC to offer Subaru tuning as well as dyno-meet days. Their "in-house" tuner is Al Friedman from DynoFlash - who is very well regarded in the Evo world. Fees for an ECUTek reflash, along with custom dyno (Mustang AWD dyno) tune is $750 - reflashes for re-tunes after the initial buy-in is $375. If you choose the AP/ProTUNE route, Al does that too (although I don't remember his rates right off the top of my head, it's very competitive with market average).

LERSOC also has started to bring in "outside" tuners for ProTUNEs as well - for example, on the 25th of March, a tuner from PDXTuning will be out to ProTUNE about 15 rides from the local area, at Buschur's. Although I believe that all tuning spots have been filled for this outing, I would still recommend that you get out there to meet the LERSOC folks, all of whom are warm and engaging, and love to horse around. :D

Hope to see you around, brother! :) Oh, and please remember to check that other thread you'd made about your CAI plans!

Paintball nut, huh? :) I've still got my old Lapco Grey Spirit and Black-Rain'ed VM68 lying around, we might have to go some time!

wow, that is some really cool, really old school stuff. If you play regularly at just about any field in the area you probably have seen me or know who I am. I have either worked there, regularly played there, or have good friends who work there. Then again, I'm sure I'd remember seeing a grey spirit or a VM68 being carried around and said something to ya.

that deal at buschur sounds good... I'm gonna try to check that out, but if your buddy is a conductor you know how the hours are, too. brutal is the only word to describe.

thanks for the warm welcome, I'll keep up on this post and try to make it to any outings/tuning days etc.

Hey Jeff,

Nope, I haven't played since I think about '99....unfortunately, time/expense got to be of an issue, but heck, I could break out the old stuff for a friendly game with a fellow LGTer! Just gotta get me more time for my new baby to get a little older, so that I get more free time, know what I mean? ;)

And hey, don't worry about not being able to get out - I definitely know what you mean by horrible hours. I used to always call my friend in the middle of the night, etc. You guys have a tough job!

Keep in-touch, and surely, I'll see you out there some day! :D

Don't know if he'll show up or not but I drive Northampton each morning on my way over to Fairlawn and drive by a certian apartment complex each morning. This morning I spotted a Black '05 (possibly '06) LGT coming out of the complex. Tonight on my way back out I met him at the light at Portage Trail and Northampton... He played catch up and we shot the twisties on Northampton for a couple of miles which was cool. I topped my brakelights to him and waved him when he peeled off. If he comes around, he's been spotted:-)

SIGHTING: 05/06 black LGT w/wing, stock looking

1:00pm, brecksville- NCB building parking lot...... I was picking up the lady to get some lunch & spotted it. They lady is always on the look out.....very suprised she missed it:lol:

speaking of paint-ball. my buddy & I get together with a good amount of people from his work & others places. we go out & play in medina. a guy in the group owns a good amount of land. we meet up have some breakfest & ball till we cant anymore!!

SIGHTED: 3/12 - Sunday 11:15 AM. East-bound Harvard Rd. in Warrensville Heights through Orange Township.

Silver 2.5GT wagon w/aftermarket rims/tires, ? dropped, and w/OEM bug/stone shield. NY plates beginning with "DEY".

Me, the wifey, and our new little girl were in her silver '05 WRX sedan (with Anna's dress for her naming ceremony hanging in the driver's side rear window) when I spotted you. I slowed and smiled/nodded your way, y'all returned the gesture.

Just wondering if you are here - the lights kept changing so I didn't get a chance to slow enough to ask if you were a fellow LGTer.

I saw an Atlantic Blue LGT with spoiler Friday morning on 394, exiting at the 12th St. exit downtown, at around 9:25 am.

I also once again saw the brand new white Outback XT with temporary registration. He seems to live right in my neighborhood.

• 4 weeks later...

Sighted: (I actually saw one!!! woo hoo!!!)

Silver 2.5i with aftermarket wheels SB on I-71 in Brunswick, 4:10pm on Monday. Gentleman in his mid 30's if I had to guess... gave a thumbs up, and a couple miles down the road I got one back!

speaking of paint-ball. my buddy & I get together with a good amount of people from his work & others places. we go out & play in medina. a guy in the group owns a good amount of land. we meet up have some breakfest & ball till we cant anymore!!

Nice, I live in Medina... haven't played backyard ball in probably 5 years. I'm suprised this is going on and I've never heard of it! I thought I knew everyone around here that played!!!

sorry for the off topic post.