LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

Hi AndyAllen :D

If I can't get this damn car fixed, I'll be sporting an LGT myself!

The LGT that was autoxing last month wasn't out at LCCC Sunday, or I'd have a bunch of photos for you. I took 320 pics and posted them!

Steve

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey hey Steve!

I did indeed pour over your pix. :) Great as-always. It's amazing to see how FLAT some of those cars stop.......

In any case, that's awesome that there's going to be yet another enthusiast-driven LGT around here in NE Ohio! :D :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Spotted a OBP 2.5GT, with factory wing, at the local grocery store.

This would have been on Sunday, 8/7, at around 5:30 PM.

Cleveland Heights, Giant Eagle (old Russo's) - you were parked on the far southern side of their main lot.

I was in my wife's Rex, and did a quick in-and-out of the store to get some basil. Since I returned to my vehicle before you even pulled out of the lot, I doubt that you'd have seen me. And since it was "Asian Shopping Day" in the store, I doubt you'd remember if you saw me, either.

Just saying "hi!" :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

allen, im a clevelander myself. regal pear blue, fly 480 every day to maple hts is were i work. ive only seen a lady in a 2.5i and thats it!!! no other LGT, which in a swelling of the head happens because no one has or knows what it can do, when u do some mods. its starting to not be a "sleeper" anymore. i also got my car from Ellicott. west side dealers sucked ass. anyways the names Brian, always wave to the famliy members.

Hey Brian,

Hope to catch you out there some day. :)

My daily home-work-home commute (Shaker Hts. to Cleveland Hts.) is all local surface roads, but heck, who knows, right?

Happy motoring! :D

Oh, and also, if you're new to the area's Scooby community, check out LERSOC.com - the Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners Club. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sighted 8/24/05, appx. 6:25 PM, Sussex neighborhood in Shaker Heights, Ohio, intersection (4-Way Stop) of Norwood and Traver -

OBP 3.0R sedan, factory wing.

Anyone?

:)

Sighted 8/24/05, appx. 6:25 PM, Sussex neighborhood in Shaker Heights, Ohio, intersection (4-Way Stop) of Norwood and Traver -

OBP 3.0R sedan, factory wing.

Anyone?

Just wait for someone to post about some guy in an LGT showing everyone his winky.......:lol: You'll find him/her. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

:lol:

Aaaagh! I'm even hunted in "my backyard!"

You guys/gals are ruthless :p

Allen,

I just picked up my '05 Regal Blue LGT 5MT limited on Tuesday here at Cascade in Cuyahoga Falls. I'll be driving it to 9th St. downtown every day so I'm sure we'll see each other around. I bought this car simply because I needed reliable transportation even in the snow but I've fallen in love with it so much I'm thinking about fixing my old Saturn back up just so I can park the Legacy. I just had no idea how fun this ride would be! My buddy live up in Seven Hills and has an '05 WRC Blue STI which I adore but I just figured the LGT would be much more relaxed since it was so much more refined throughout. Boy was I wrong!

I saw your mention of LERSOC.com and I'll head over there to register here in a few minutes. Hope to see you around, Allen. Thanks. DB.

David Baldwin

North Hill, Akron

Hey David!

Welcome to LGT.com - and definitely, hope to see you around! :D

I wish you many speedy and safe miles in your LGT. :)

Easy on the West Side!

Never understood that whole westside eastside thing. Again I did not grow up in Cleveland either. Anyway just bought a 05 Legacy GT and love it. I drive from the west side to the east side to work and just have a blast everyday doing so. I just can not wait to play in the snow with it. AWD, what a bonus!

LOL, I don't understand it, either. ;)

In any case, good to meet ya. What color?

This seems like a fine place for a first post.

I just tonight picked up my ABP '05 GT Ltd. 5-spd wagon -- the car I've been dreaming of for quite some time, and I thought I'd never get.

I got it from Halpert in Painesville, but it came from Byers in Columbus. It was the last one of its kind in 21 states.

I live in N. Royalton; I grew up in Beachwood.

Update:

9/1 - in Woodmere, eastbound on Chagrin, around 5-5:30 PM.

OBP '05 LGT sedan with factory wing, appeared fully stock.

Grinned at ya as I passed in the opposing lane, but you weren't looking. :(

Hope you're here!

music.to.kill.yourself.by

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/avatars/2005_Legacy_Wagon/blue2.gif

WELCOME!!!! :)

+1 for ABP!!!

I was actually just admiring an ABP Outback driven by an older woman today. Made me wish I'd gotten a wagon. The proportions on the wagon are excellent. "Just right."

-----

BTW, EVERYONE - you'll want to also log-on to LERSOC.com , the Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owner's Club. It's where we locals hang-out.

Mostly Impreza/WRX/STi guys and gals, but a very, very friendly bunch, and the LGT contingent there is growing larger by the day.

Also, Buschur Racing is offering an extraordinary EcuTek (dyno, custom tune, by Al and Dave from Dynoflash) tuning deal right now for all LERSOC members. I'm so far only one of two signed up for about a half-dozen slots that they're giving us, and the only LGT. Come join us!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: 1:20 PM, 9/12, westbound Mayfield Rd. by Hillcrest hospital in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. RBP "05 LGT sedan, winged.

----------------------------------------

eles1 -

Hey bro, did I see you?

W-bound Mayfield, over by Hillcrest. You were in the curb lane, on your cell.

You didn't see me at all, I was in the wifey's '05 CGM factory-winged Rex sedan, E-bound, inside lane. I barely spotted you out of the corner of my eye, and passed-by going the opposite way, so I didn't see the point in honking/flashing.

If that was you, just wanted to say "hi!" :D

UPDATE: 1:20 PM, 9/12, westbound Mayfield Rd. by Hillcrest hospital in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. RBP "05 LGT sedan, winged.

----------------------------------------

eles1 -

Hey bro, did I see you?

W-bound Mayfield, over by Hillcrest. You were in the curb lane, on your cell.

You didn't see me at all, I was in the wifey's '05 CGM factory-winged Rex sedan, E-bound, inside lane. I barely spotted you out of the corner of my eye, and passed-by going the opposite way, so I didn't see the point in honking/flashing.

If that was you, just wanted to say "hi!" :D

I don't think so... I wasn't in that area and I almost never use the phone while driving. Must be another RBP in town!! I saw a de-badged one just like mine a few days ago on I-90 headed east to Mentor. If the one you saw didn't have badges, that may have been him...

Doh!

Oh well, just thought it might have been you - I also doubted that you'd have been on the phone while-moving (I figured most enthusiasts are like me, *very* reluctant to use the cell while in-motion), but I figured "hey, what the heck, gotta give it the old try." :)

Hum, looks like we have yet another one in our midst!

:D

PS: Couldn't tell if it was debadged - I'd already gone by, and traffic was heavy enough that I didn't want to take my eyes off the road *that* long. ;)

This seems like a fine place for a first post.

I just tonight picked up my ABP '05 GT Ltd. 5-spd wagon -- the car I've been dreaming of for quite some time, and I thought I'd never get.

I got it from Halpert in Painesville, but it came from Byers in Columbus. It was the last one of its kind in 21 states.

I live in N. Royalton; I grew up in Beachwood.

I bought mine from Gary @ Halpert. Nice, small dealership. What made you decide to make the trip all the way out to Painesville from North Royalton to buy at Halpert?? Availability??

Live on the West Side of Cleveland and looking for somewhere to service my Legacy 2.5 GT. Up till now I took it to Subaru Lakewood (Ganley) I liked the service but did not like the price of a oil change at $36.99.

Can anyone reccomend a place??

Only have 8000 miles on the car and I have already had a neighborhood kid take his handle bar down the side about 20" long. "ouch" (Lets just say the kid does not come close to my car anymore)

deads,

Doh..... No recommendations yet, I've yet to need (knock on wood) servicing....

Oil changes are cheap if you come to me (or other members here, too, I'd bet). I'd only charge a six-pack of Coca Cola as long as you bring filter and oil. :D Yeah, I'm a Coke-drinking fiend.... ;)

I'm surprised that Ganley's price for oil-change is that high. :( Their parts prices, at least for the turbo-to-DP gasket that I bought, was excellent.

i live in brookpark, if u ever need anything simple or not give a email. the word at the house is that i work on cars for a living?! what crap, they dont know what i do from 8-6? oh the lady said she saw a black LGT, no wing in brecksville area. anyone on here own?

Hey GTsleeper - will do. :D

Swing on down to Buschur's in Wakeman this Saturday if you have time...Winky's getting ECUTek'ed by the guys from DynoFlash. eles1 and anybody else, you're invited, too, of course! :) Winky goes on the rollers at 10AM.

I know that my good neighbor, Matt, is winged...no idea of wingless nearby. :(