LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So is Buschur the place in Wakeman that always has like 4 or 5 EVO VIIIs in the parking lot?

Ayup - Like brother GT said, they're Mecca to the DSM crowd. :)

I actually can't believe that for all the time I've owned DSMs, I've never made it out to them....a combination of a student's lack-of-time time and lack-of-money is what I blame it on. ;)

Truly, Al and Dave's (as well as Dave's crew, including Jarrod, who was my contact for the original event) enthusiasm for tuning Scoobys - including LGTs - and their warm hospitality towards both myself and the LERSOC group who organized the original tune-day was truly icing-on-the-cake for a first-timer like me. I stand by my statements to all here in saying that this is honestly an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for an ECUTek custom-tune for their LGT.

Dave's new Mustang may be a heartbreaker, but it's a wonderful tuning tool. Sure, going from pure numbers, you'll think that something might be wrong with either your LGT or their dyno, but honestly, nothing of that sort is true, and by "percentage gained," you'll quickly see that your net performance - mod-for-mod and tune-for-tune - is right there with others on this Forum, no matter what type of dyno their cars were run on, or what type of mods were performed.

Similarly, Al truly knows what he's doing - his resume contains an impressive list of national and regional "shoot-out" winners - and he will take the extra time, be it ten minutes or two hours, to make sure that your ride is running tip-top before pulling it off the dyno.

Brother GT Sleeper, I'm so glad that you had such an awesome experience. I wish that I could've been there, but alas, baby(preparation)-duties demand otherwise. :)

In any case, it looks like our cars are right there, neck-and-neck, and I'd bet that on the road, you're even faster than me, considering that I'm no serious stick-jockey :lol: and that your 5EAT will be much, much more consistent than me!

Truly, don't be too heartbroken at the dyno numbers - Dave's new Mustang is notorious in the DSM/Evo world, with the Evo MR and the new Evo IX both barely cracking the 200 wHP mark, stock, that's just about the lowest -if not THE lowest- reading that anyone's gotten on a dyno for either of those vehicles. Like I keep saying to everyone, it's not the numbers that count, it's the percentage gains and the dramatic area-under-the-curve change that matters most.

As with your ride, the physical change in Winky's driveability was noticeable as soon as she was pulled off the dyno. She feels like a much smaller, much more nimble vehicle, capable of darting around in traffic with just the slightest input from my right toe - almost like my 300 wHP DSM, but also, at the same time, much smoother and much more deceptive in how the speed builds up.

:)

Oh, and hey, if you've got the dough, I'm sure Dave would be more than pleased to have his hand at chopping-in on our LGTs. After we talked a bit about kids, he pulled me aside and said: "damn, that thing would really be loads of fun with about 500 horses under the hood....." Hell, if I had the dough, I would have just left Winky in the shop with him that very day. :lol:

Well, brother, it looks like there's now two Buschur/DynoFlash-prepped LGTs out there in metro-Cleveland. :D I again wish you many happy, speedy, and safe miles!

----

PS: Watch your tire pressures - especially if you're on All-Season tires (I'm on 225 Falken Ziex ZE-512s. At this power level, you'll actually be able to break all four wheels free -from a standing stop- if you judiciously apply the happy-pedal and your tires aren't at the proper pressure for grip in wet conditions. :D <---grin

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Over all the car feels totally different. Basiclly just what u said. I would like to take u for a ride. 4 the fact in "sport" mode on the AT & its shifting not me. well it pretty much insane- being AT donesnt lose boost during shifts. Its hard to explain.... when it does shift ur head goes back even more & the car lunges forward hard! Its probably nothing new to the modding community but I really cant say ive felt this with other performance cars/trucks w/AT.

Like I said before thanks 4 all ur know-how. with that stuff I wouldnt of ever know to go there & get flashed.

For right now I think Im pretty much done modding. I can strongly say there isnt much if any car out there that can go head to head. Except u, them damn Evos:icon_bigg

There are exceptions but add all the money up & see.

Cars before I thought were fast neck to neck or just sqeeze by, will now be.... u-know. Im not a "head hunter" but people should really think twice about what their about to do when they see me smile & shake my head:lol:

Bro, no thanks needed - besides, I didn't really contribute any know-how at all...just a little info, that's all. :)

We'll definitely take each other up on the "swap rides" one of these days, my friend!

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ I'll try to find some time, my friend! :)

Baby is due to come any day now! Frantic shopping/prepping! :lol:

Well, I was in the Worthington area this past few days, and saw more Subys than you could shake a stick at. Was working at Bethel @ Sawmill doing a voice mail install... the place I was at, I didn't see any there.. there were a ton of TL's in the lot.. (flavor of the month) lol. :)

;) Thanks for the well-wishes... :)

But ? re: "catching it?"

Catch the baby. My boss was telling me the other day, he caught his 2nd kid not the first. The way he spoke was he was right there "in the mess" & he was the first to hold the baby right when it came out. He said he was right there waiting to catch him when the baby came out. Hes gross but said if i ever did it not to be worried the wife may poop when the baby is delivered.:icon_surp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SIGHTING: feb. 8th 4:00pmish Atlantic blue LGT bagley rd. & columbia rd in Olmsted Falls

^ Sorry, wasn't me. :(

Welcome to SUBARU AWD! :)

GT, bro, nope, that wasn't me....I was local yesterday, shuttling Anna between home and the in-laws. :)

Sighted -

2/17 - Friday

Black OBXT wagon, Veale parking deck, CWRU main campus, level 4.

Anyone?

i know where i am at here in chillicothe you dont see very many subarus at all. and if you do see one they are older couples. I dont have a turbo on my car but i am sure i could prob hang if you all decide to get together. Hell if you would like i can host something. We have 30+ acres and a nice little bon fire pit. Just moved up here in Greenfield, OH. Chillicothe is just about 20 minutes away. Not a very big place there in chillicothe, but its the principle. Maybe if you all agree to getting together and depending on the size, this site ought to think about a car club? Logo design and all for here in Ohio. I might post something into the site suggestion about this and depending on the respnses. I have a buddy that does graphic design and has all of the equipment to do vinyl designs. Nothing fancy just a plain white design with some writing. Well just give me your suggestions with and about this meet and maybe we can plan something for this spring or something like that.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).