LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWO sightings, 10/10 - Tuesday.

Both in East-Side suburbs of metro-Cleveland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First one was around 2:30 PM, E-bound North Park @ Coventry.

Silver 2.5GT, younger Asian driver.

I noticed you a bit late, didn't catch you in my rearview until we'd crossed Coventry.

I tried my best to slow my pace so that you could pass-by and I could wave, but as you'd driven by, you gave a look like you didn't want to be bothered, despite my having had a grin on my face. http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I followed you (heading that way towards home, myself) until you peeled-off towards E-bound S.Park (I headed towards S-bound S.Park/Parkland), where I gave you a wave, anyway, out of my driver's side window.

-----------

Second sighting was much more friendly. http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Atlantic Blue '06 2.5i, at around 3:30 PM, at the Ohio BMV location off Harvard and Emery in Warrensville Hts.

We chatted for a bit and shook-hands. I must honestly apologize that I don't quite remember your name - I'm horrible with names - but I believe it's "Rod?"

Just wanted to say that it was good meeting you, and hope to see you here on LegacyGT.com - also, please come join us NE-Ohio area Subaru enthusiasts at www.LERSOC.com . :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE, new sighting!

---

Black '05/'06 Legacy w/OEM rear wing (not sure if it's a GT or not, angle was wrong, couldn't see the hood), tint, and OEM chrome sill trim.

Spotted in Warrensville Heights, intersection of Harvard and Northfield Rds at around 5:30 PM, yesterday (Mon.), 10/23.

You were in the left turn lane, getting ready to go E-bound onto Harvard from S-bound Northfield.

I was on the outside lane, right turning from W-bound Harvard onto N-bound Northfield. I blipped my horn and waved to you out my window as I made the turn. I don't know if you saw me or not.

Just wanted to see if it's anyone here. http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 3 weeks later...
Any Subaru clubs, meets in the NE Ohio area?? I recently just moved back to good ol Willoughby. Just trying to find out if any of you meet up in the area. I have a deep regal blue GT, dark tinted windows, polished LGT wheels if any of you see me driving around in the area. I have seen a couple GT's around in the last week. I know I saw a silver one just the other day in Willoughby. And are there any Subaru tuners in the Cleveland area?.. Thanks

for us(TSI & I) & a few others its LERSOC.com. check it out usually a get together once a month

accually there was something this weekend at Buschar's racing ( AWD dyno). i believe Tim B from PDX was coming out & tuning somemore locals. He is great guy, atleast twice hes been out this year.

^ Yep. :) Like brother GTsleeper2 cited, please come join us on LERSOC!

For the winter months, the "meets" tend to slow down quite a bunch. A number of members' STi/STI and more highly modified WRXs are fair-weather cars, and, of course, with the race-season (near) over, that side of meets tend to slow down a bit, too.

Things usually will pick up significantly once the weather starts getting better, but even so, I think that many of the usual organizers still try to get the group together about once a month.

And also as my good brother mentioned, LERSOC did play host to Tim B. of PDXTuning this past weekend at Daid Buschur's famous DSM/Evo race-shop out in Wakeman.

Thanks for the info, I am registered on LERSOC now.. That sucks I missed this past weekend.. I have been trying to get my car dynoed for a while. I am going to call them and see if I can get out there some day..

spotted today: black lgt, on warner rd. approaching canal rd in Valley View. looked nice, talked for a second at the red light, said he was on here. license plate started with v30. turbo upgrade? would love to see the car again and get a chance to take a look at it.

evan

Hey! that's me. yeah, I know, that was a looong time ago. somehow I missed your post on here. I just happened to see it while looking for local tuning shop info.

naw, no turbo upgrade. license plate "R3V0 VOM" it spells "move over" when read from someone's rearview mirror. I was taking the girl in my passenger seat on a date, after I ran into you she was like, "uh, so wait a minute... if you see someone else in the same car as you, you stop and talk to them?" I said, "hell yeah!" hahaha, needless to say I haven't taken her out since. oh well!

Anyways, the GT is on jack stands awaiting MR exhaust, MR headers/up, catless dp, whiteline steering rack bushings, short throw shifter, stainless brake lines, and a 30k mile service. (all parts sitting in the garage, or on the way, just need time to install!) I'm contemplating leaving it in there all winter, and as soon as the weather breaks taking it straight to the shop for custom tune and window tint. Until then I'll be driving the '95 legacy sedan around hahaha. Current mods were pink springs, cobb AP, gfb bov (yeah, yeah, I know), all the car audio junk (cleansweep, 10v6v2, etc.) and I blacked out the tail lights/head lights.

I will definately try to attend any gatherings/events/tuning days this coming spring/summer. see you around!

Jeff

^ Aw man, don't keep her garaged all winter! You'll miss out on all the tail-happy fun that a "Stage II" LGT can have on improperly inflated tires! :D

^ And I'll urge-on that urge to drive. :)

Peer-pressure FTW! :lol:

NEW SIGHTING ! :)

Eastern suburb, Shaker Heights.

---

Atlantic Blue '05 or '06 Legacy sedan - no wing, appeared stock.

Saw you as you were crossing Lee (I was south-bound on Lee, stopped at the traffic light), via either east-bound Parkland or Aldersyde.

I thought I saw you looking back, out of your driver's side windows, at me - I popped a wave out of my window, but didn't know if you caught it or not.

Sorry for the late wave, but I was trying to find what was giving me the radar warning. Turned out to be an officer headed home for shift-change, heading the opposite way from you. http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just wanted to say "hi," if you're here! http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

can't wait to see the car when it's done. i feel you on the high miles tho, i've had the car since may and am already over 20,000. my girlfriend and i started dating right after i got the car (as much as i'd like to say it was cuz of the lgt, it wasn't lol), she got initiated into the meets and cruise in's and basic automotive masturbation right away. she only tolerates it currently, but once i get her out to an auto-x or track day, she'll be hooked too.

Evan

• 4 weeks later...

NEW SIGHTING ! :)

Eastern suburb, Shaker Heights/Warrensville Heights.

----

Tues.12/12,~2:30PM,

Lee Rd @ Chagrin, ABP 05/06 sedan, non-turbo.

Saw you in my rearview - gave you a thumbs-up which was returned in-kind. http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

We both made the left onto E-bound Chagrin, off Lee, where I then took the left into the shopping plaza.

Just wondering if you're here! http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

NEW SIGHTING ! :) Wed., Jan. 10, 2007

Eastern suburb - Warrensville Heights.

-----

Appx. 2:30 PM.

I first spotted a silver '06/'07 LGT sedan, with factory rear wing, zooming by, southbound on Northfield Rd., crossing Harvard Rd.

I was stopped, eastbound on Harvard, at the traffic light, in my wife's grey '05 WRX sedan.

I then saw this same LGT take a right-hand corner at a respectable pace :) , now heading back the opposite direction on Northfield Rd., onto eastbound Harvard, where it promptly disappeared into the distance. Unfortuantely, my light was still red....

My next sighting of the LGT was at the S.Green Rd. light, crossing Harvard eastbound, but I was too far back in traffic - and you'd taken off again....

At the next major intersection, between Richmond Rd. and Harvard, to my surprise this LGT was lined-up at the light with a white Legacy ('05+ model year, could not verify exact year/model/trim level).

I'm not sure if they had a go at it at the light or not, but both vehicles merged onto 271 southbound, over by the Mariott.

The grey LGT took off at a good clip up the ramp, but the white was stuck behind a slow-moving SUV.....

Anyone here?

^ The worst of it was that there was no way I could make my presence known.....we were way too far back in traffic, and in an area that was so highly enforced that I didn't want to take the risk of doing anything.

:(

I would have liked to make contact with at least one of the two drivers, if not both! :)

yes, i've been spotted. the white one was mine, an 06 lgt. i was trying to get the guys attention, but i guess all he wanted to do was rice, i mean race me. after i got stuck behind the van, i tried to catch him on 271, but he was long gone. The color was strange tho, it looked like a darker silver than normal, almost like the sti pewter color. he also had ASA wheels on the car.

^ Yay, I saw you! :) Man, your car looked sooooo clean!

----

He really was driving quite aggressively - I'm honestly not sure what all that was about...perhaps a personal emergency (since he made the U-turn back on Northfield)? maybe he was trying to datalog?

I was surprised that he'd risk driving so aggressively through that area (the 35-zone), since it's so heavily enforced.

I honestly do not think it was someone I know...there's an '06 Spec.B owner (BartenderX, whom you've "met" before, and, if memory serves, that you guys had a friendly exchange of waves and thumbs) who works near where I live, but this car's color is definitely not that of the Spec.B - and I doubt that he would have replaced his rims, considering how attractive the Spec.B's are.

This guy in the silver/grey LGT didn't wave to you? :(

no, i was kinda doing the creepy "hey we have the same car, i'm looking back at you and waving" wave. people not on forums just don't get it. it wasn't spec b gray, it my have just been a dirty silver car. by the way, i hope you're being sarcastic, my car is a filthy dirty mess right now. can't wait for spring, i don't have the time to wash my car every other day during the winter.

^ That's very disappointing RE: the other driver's behavior. :(

Mike (BartenderX) and I exchanged thumbs-ups before he officially logged-on to LGT.com, I believe (although he'd been a lurker already), but most definitely, the two other 2.5i drivers that I've exchanged either waves or words with both did so without having been on the Forums at all.

Maybe Atlantic Blue drivers are friendlier? :lol:;)

And no, bro, I truly wasn't being sarcastic with that "soooooo clean" remark! Your ride really did look very, very clean - especially considering, as you suggested, our recent weather ...... well, at least from how far away I'd been, a couple of lanes over and a few cars back. :)

Winky's actually been mistaken for a "silver" car. :lol: That's how dirty she is, now. :( As with you, I simply don't have the time (nor the cash, if I wanted to let someone else do it) to wash the car every week.

Heck, with baby-Anna, it was amazing I even got 2 hours to fool around with my jammer sets, yesterday!

See you around, bro! :)

maybe he was young or something.. maybe he does like racing around.. lol. I know sometimes when i see people I have no idea if they are all into Subaru's or not. So sometimes I wave to some people and sometimes I just act weird. ha. But anyways, who knows.

NEW SIGHTING ! :) Fri., Jan. 12, 2007

Eastern suburb - Shaker Heights.

----

Appx. 1:30 PM, off Parkland Dr., at intersection of Van Aken.

At the northeast corner of this intersection is an apartment building of some sort, sitting opposite Van Aken from a church.

I saw a RBP '05 LGT sitting out front in the pickup/drop-off area on Parkland. Factory rear wing, appears stock.

Anyone? :)