LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

Haven't done anything yet Allen. I basically just take off the cap whenever I think I might get condensation, so the water evaporates (after rain, washing, etc.) :(

So, it would be nice to fix them. I just haven't found time to take off the bumper and stuff...

:spin:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Gotcha.

Damn, that's not the one I re-sealed, is it? :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Over the weekend... after a movie... probably around 11pm. OBP sedan on the Corner of Canal and Granger road. I was the crazy guy at the shell station frantically giving you thumbs up while getting gas. Hoping you'd stop and chat, but the girl in your passenger seat looked just as bored as the one in my passenger seat!

Over the weekend... after a movie... probably around 11pm. OBP sedan on the Corner of Canal and Granger road. I was the crazy guy at the shell station frantically giving you thumbs up while getting gas. Hoping you'd stop and chat, but the girl in your passenger seat looked just as bored as the one in my passenger seat!

ur my woods. travel 480 alot?

are u on a local suby site? if not heres one LERSOC.com. we get together usually once a month if not more. so check it out if ya like

• 3 weeks later...

Metro-Cleveland, Ohio.

OBP '05 LGT - CWRU campus, 5/23 - 2:30 PM.

Noticed you behind me starting on the NW side of the Cornell Rd. Bridge.

We headed up Edgehill together, where you later peeled-off towards Kenilworth.

I gave you a wave at the light before Edgehill, but did not see you wave back..... I was in the blue LGT (with the huge grapefruit launchers) in front of you.

Just wanted to say "hi!" http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Shaker Heights.

It was great meeting you, Mike, as well as, I'm assuming, your boss?

---

Around noon, brand-spanking new and HAWWWT '06 Spec. B. :)

I first saw you coming S-bound on Warrensville (I was N-bound), and barely got my hand out the window to wave - I don't think you spotted my hand, though. Regardless, I saw you pulling-in to the OfficeMax/USPO parking lots.

Later-on, just as I was about to cross Chagrin, lo-and-behold, you're in my rearview! :D

I just wanted to say, again, that it was very nice meeting you - and that Spec.B truly is TEH HAWTNESS. The brick interior is really, really nice, and I'm jealous of it every time I see one "live" (which of course, is, like, next to never!).

And hey, thanks for admiring my SuperRicyPimped "STi" badging! :lol:

Hi Allen:

I'm still getting the hang of this site, so I just found this thread today. Thanks, it was cool to meet you. I was giving my boss his first ride in my new car, telling him all about it, when I looked up to see you in front of us, giving me the thumbs up. I'm interested to hear about some of the mods you have done to your car, it looks sharp as hell. I'm paranoid about doing any engine or other mods that will void the warranty, so I really don't even know where to begin. Also, I would prefer to wait until something needs to be fixed before replacing it, but anyway, I'm interested. Let me know if you have a minute to talk about what you've done and who did the work.

BTW, I saw a black GT with a factory wing on Solon road in Solon the other day, but it blew by before I could give a wave or see the driver.

What's the deal with the LESROC?

-Mike "464"

Hey bro!

NP - It's hard to navigate a new Forum, but heck, it looks like you've definitely got the hang of it! :D

LERSOC is the Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners Club - great and friendly bunch of people that spans just about all models of Scoobys (although it's definitely got a heavier trend towards, understandably, WRX/STi/STIs), and sees everyone from dyno-queens to street-racers to AutoXers and road-racers. It'll take a couple of days for your account to get activated by the Admin there, but it'll get done. :)

Thanks for your compliments, but truly, my level of modification is very, very mild compared to many.

I did post a thread there that detailed a bit more about my current mods - http://www.lersoc.com/index.php?name=pnphpbb2&file=viewtopic&t=7755 - but 'till you get a chance to log-in there, here's a quick run-down:

Aesthetically, aside from my headlamps being re-worked a bit (cleared ambers, CCFL DDEs, painted streaks), the only other thing that sets me off are my super-rice-pimpy JDM "STi" tags.

In terms of the interior, with the exception of MOMO floor-mats/grids, e-brake handle, and shift-knob, it's honestly just a bunch of extra gauges and other electronic goodies - otherwise, it's all stock. Heck, even my stereo system is all-stock. Of course, there's also the "baby-seat and mirror" mod, too! :lol:

Suspension/brakes related, I'm riding on 18x8" Prodrive PFF-7s w/Fuzion ZRis - these were a hand-me-down set that I bought off a LERSOC brother for quite a nice price. In the braking department, the fronts are a set of Rotora 330x24 1-piece rotors, cross-drilled and slotted for that extra bling (I don't race, so I have little durability concern) mated to their 4-pot clampers. Out rear, there's a set of stock-sized rotors, also cross-drilled and slotted Rotoras, to match. I have iON Sport-Spec springs that are coming to me any day now, and will likely install them in July. I've been contemplating front and/or rear sways, but I'm honestly still trying to get to know the car's behavior a bit better, and am thus hesitant to mess with this area.

Go-wise, I am almost completely Crucial under-hood. Crucial Up-Pipe and "shorty" Down-Pipe, paired with Crucial port, polished, and thermal-coated stock manifolds and a Crucial coated Injen cross-pipe. A Perrin Short-Ram handles intake duties, and on the exhaust side, after the stock third cat, I'm using a custom 3" "mid-pipe" with a Magnaflow resonator, going to a Lachute Y, with a pair of Blitz Nur-Spec Touring canisters.

The ECU-tune is by Al of Dynoflash, via ECUTek. On Buschur Racing's Mustang dyno, my vehicle, as well as brother GTsleeper's, which are of comparable states of mechanical and software tune, are netting about 15 to 20 wHP north of stock STi/STIs. I think that my exhaust and manifold/cross-pipe mods may be giving me a little more now, especially up-top, but my tune was done previous to these changes, and I'll need to get it optimized again. I think that after I get an aftermarket TMIC and BOV, I will most likely return for a re-tune.

With the exception of the tune, I'm pretty much a weekend greasemonkey who likes to do his own installs (either by myself or with the help of a friend or two). My day-job as a scientist has me being "clean" most of the time, so I like to get dirty and messy when I have time to spare. :lol:

For a more concise list, here's my vBGarage link:

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=324

Feel free to hit me up for any info, any time - I'll try to help the best I can. :D

E-mail or PM, either's fine by me! ;)

Hi Allen:

I would prefer to wait until something needs to be fixed before replacing it

That's gonna be awhile!!!

Just about the only things that will actually NEED fixing/replacing with a subaru:

Tires

Engine Oil

Windshiled wipers

Brake pads

paint chips

other various filters/maintenance items

and occasionally, your shorts.

Welcome to the site, congrats on the car.

Hi Guys, thanks for your responses.

Allen, I've got to tell you, most of the stuff you were describing to me was way over my head. In terms of cars, I had a 1989 Honda CRX Si that was totally stock(but still managed to get a ticket in Montana for doing 130 MPH plus:icon_twis ), and a 1969 BMW 1600 that I completely rebuilt from the ground up (bored-out 2002 motor, schrick cam shaft, 10.5:1 pistons, headers, exhaust, sway bars, torsion bar, bilstein gas shocks, brakes, transmission, 4-point harness, the works), so I am somewhat familiar with working on cars. I remember when I upgraded my original 13" wheels to 15" wheels, I thought I was really pimped out.:lol: However, I had a buddy help me with most of the upgrades, and everything for a newer car like my 464 seems totally different. Are there warranty issues with the upgrades you've done?

BTW, at the risk of showing my ignorance, what's an OBP?

-M

OBP - that's our "black" color-code. ;)

Warranty? WHAT WARRANTY!?! :rofl:

And don't worry - I'll walk you through the mods. Lemmie know what you don't understand, and we'll get it taken care of! :D

Sweet BMW!

Hey Mike -

A bunch of PMs inbound for ya, explaining some of the mods. :)

Hey Mike -

A bunch of PMs inbound for ya, explaining some of the mods. :)

I don't think the mods need to explain themselves. Tide gives them the authority to moderate the site as he sees fit, and it's not our place to criticize them.

^ ROFL! :lol:

Hey, thanks again for all the info, I think I'm getting some idea of how it all works. Unfortuantely, my wife is not exactly enthusiastic about the car, much less any upgrades. So it may be a while before I can do anything. But I can dream . . .

See you on the road!

- M "464"

;)

NP - Glad to have simply cleared up a few things for you. :)

If you're in for some good reads, the "Turbo Powertrains" sub-forum here has a few "stickied" posts at the beginning that will serve as great reference for any newcomer.

Additionally, a favorite read is the Cobb Tuning AccessPORT FAQ, which can be had off their commercial website.

And hey, no worries about the wifey thing - mine is the same! Her WRX is *_painfully_* stock! Although she's sorta gotten used to Winky, she still complains bitterly every time I launch with her in the vehicle - and will also make a face whenever I just step on it a bit. But see, the way to do this, my friend, is to have an immediate-previous car that she absolutely HATES, so she's forced to love your current ride. :lol: After the harsh ride of my immediate-previous DSM - and that's not even mentioning its near jet-intake induction noises when the turbo spooled - she's more than happy with the LGT. :D

See you around, brother!

Cleveland-metro, East suburbs.

Sussex neighborhood.

First sighting: Near intersection of Sussex and Norwood Rds., silver '05/6 Legacy w/factory wing, parked in driveway, tail-out. ?-'06 2.5i or partially debadged '05/'06 LGT ? Mike, was this you, bro, at your bosses' house?

Second sighting: Traver and Norwood Rds., Atlantic Blue Outback wagon, parked on curb of Traver.

Both sightings at around 7PM, 6/11 (Sunday).

-----

Also sighted at around 6:45 PM, 6/11 (Sunday), Atlantic Blue sedan, turning from West-bound Harvard Rd. onto South-bound Richmond Rd. in Beachwood township, near Tri-C campus.

Just wondering who's here! :D

Greetings all:

Allen, it wasn't me, but I was in that neighborhood on Sunday. I was at St. Dominic's church (Norwood + Van Aken) Sunday morning from 10:00 - 10:45, then parked at my brother's (sibling brother, not a Subaru brother) house on Edgerton and Fairmount from 11:00 - 5:00 on Sunday. It does kind of sound like my car, though. I'll be on the lookout.

-M

:)

The population of '05+ Legacies/Outbacks in our area seems to have just exploded in the past 4-5 months or so.... I'm seeing them *everywhere* now!

New Sighting :

7:30 PM, 6/20 - Tuesday.

Legacy Village Shopping Center, Beachwood, Ohio.

'06, Atlantic Blue sedan, no wing. ? 2.5i ?

Michigan plates.

Parked near California Pizza Kitchen.

6/16/06 Saw a white LGT with a factory wing eastbound on 422 around 4:00 p.m.; I was moving along at a good pace (i.e., passing everyone else) when this car zoomed up right behind me. I was surprised until I recognized the car. He pulled up next to me and we gave each other the thumbs up.

Are you out there?