LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

^ Damn, bro, Moxie and Red are too delicious to just "drive by." ;):)

Besides, the baby goes to bed at, like, 7, and Anna loves my car so much that she knows its engine and exhaust notes by-heart, and will "alert" whenever I come home or leave in the AM. :lol: Since her room overlooks the garage, well, you get the idea....... :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Why am I thinking Ferris Bueller's Day Off ? LOL! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 3 weeks later...

NEW SIGHTING ! :) Wed., Jan. 31, 2007

Eastern suburb - Orange Township.

-----

OBP 2.5GT sedan, late 20s to early 30s male Caucasian driver.

You were N-bound on Lander Rd., I was going the opposite way - spotted you between Harvard (possibly Emery) and Miles.

Anyone here?

I tried waving to you from inside the cabin - don't know if you saw me as our closing speed was rather rapid - only to remember that I could have stuck my hand out the open moonroof. :redface:

:) Just wanted to say "hi!"

^ ROFL - switch the hood and trunk, and I'd probably not notice for a while. :lol:

I'm dumb like that. :lol:

^ Well, now that makes things even more interesting, doesn't it? :lol:

NEW SIGHTING ! :) Tue., Feb. 6, 2007 ~ 4:30-4:40 PM.

Eastern suburb - Orange Township.

-----

OBP 2.5GT sedan, late 20s to early 30s male Caucasian driver.

I was going S-bound on Lander, having just stopped at the Emery 4-Way-Stop - spotted you pulling out of your driveway onto Lander.

I waved from within my car, but I don't know if you caught it or not.

You joined in the S-bound lane after a brown/tan late-model Chevy Caprice bisected us, at the Orange Township Municiple Building, and then also made a left onto W-bound Miles.

I turned right off Miles, into my brother-in-law's subdivision, to pick up my daughter from the nanny.

:) Just wanted to say "hi!"

• 2 weeks later...

NEW SIGHTINGS ! :) Thurs., Feb. 22, 2007 ~ 4:45 PM.

---------------------

Eastern suburb - Warrensville Heights/Beachwood. I-271 & Harvard.

-----

White Outback 3.0 or 2.5 - with DRL-mod (your DRL was off, and your fogs were on).

You'd just gotten off the exit, and was waiting to head east-bound on Harvard.

I was west-bound on Harvard.

--------------------------------------

#2 (appx. the same time)

Eastern suburb - Warrensville Heights.

----

Silver '06 Spec.B (?) or other silver sedan. East-bound on Harvard - was that you, BartenderX ?

This would have been right around the intersection of Richmond and Harvard. I was traveling, of course, the opposite way. I had my DDE halos and fogs (yellow) on.

NEW SIGHTING ! :) Fri., Feb. 23, 2007 ~ 7:30 AM.

--

Eastern suburb - Shaker Heights, Sussex neighborhood.

This one's easy, it's my neighbor mbrink.

Good seeing you again, bruddah. :)

^ I know, I'm weaksauce. :lol:

^ Take a drink, my friend! :lol::lol:

weaksauce1.jpg.4aaae8484c0961430fef358b9f5d65ea.jpg

^ Cool beans!

See you around indeed! I'm always near there! :)

Please come join us at www.LERSOC.com - Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners Club. :)

• 1 month later...

You guys will have to keep a look out for me, new to the forum and I have a Spec.B I nabbed in MI last Wed. Honk if you see me! I am in the Lyndhurst area.

Does anyone know a respectable shop or mod friendly dealers in OH? Help a guy out! :)

^ Check out www.LERSOC.com - the Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners' Club. :)

There's several respectable local/area "speed shops" for any custom-work, upgrades, or repair needs, but I honestly don't know if there are any truly mod-friendly dealerships in our neck of the woods.

I don't get out to Lyndhurst too often on my daily rounds, but definitely, I'll be on the look-out! :D

Welcome!!! :)

Hey everyone -

Just wanted to make everyone aware of this....I know that I am prone to living in a "news vaccum" due to work/home schedules :redface: , but from the responses I'd gotten from our local Forum, it seems that I'm definitely not the only one, either. :lol:

Thanks to brother StlouisX50 on the RD.net Forums - original thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=24844

http://www.radardetector.net/images/smiles/icon_arrow.gif

04/29/07 to 05/31/07 Highway Enforcment Blitz

Cyuahoga County, 480/90/271 - high-density zones

Cleveland, Brooklyn, Euclid, Garfield Hts, Maple Hts and Warrensville Hts

Troopers target dangerous roadways

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mark Puente

Plain Dealer Reporter

The 68 deaths in accidents on Cuyahoga County roadways last year were the most of any county in the state. This week, state troopers plan to target the problem areas.

Starting Monday and through the next five weeks, the State Highway Patrol will police five stretches of Cuyahoga County highways between 2 and 8 p.m. in an effort to reduce crashes that kill and injure.

The targeted areas of Interstate 480 and Interstate 90 run through Cleveland, Brooklyn, Euclid, Garfield Heights, Maple Heights and Warrensville Heights.

Over the last four years, about 14,000 accidents and 29 deaths occurred on those stretches.

Last year during the same five-week period as this year's enforcement effort, 543 accidents occurred; 76 percent of those crashes happened between 2 and 8 p.m., the patrol said.

Troopers will be visible.

They plan to use their cars, planes, motorcycles and motor carrier enforcement units and will partner with local police.

"We don't hide behind things," said Lt. Tony Bradshaw, patrol spokesman. "We try to be out in the forefront."

Troopers do not usually patrol inside Cuyahoga County, but the high number of deaths on interstates is alarming, Bradshaw said.

Statewide, deaths have dropped in rural areas but not in urban regions. Last year, deaths increased to 189 in Northeast Ohio, an almost 11 percent jump from 2005, the patrol said.

The patrol used a similar program last year in Cincinnati, and it had a "huge impact" on reducing crashes and speeding, Bradshaw said.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

mpuente@plaind.com, 440-324-3773

There's a LERSOC'er who is an active LEO in the area, and he is warning fellow drivers to cut back so as to stay within 7 MPH of the posted limit during enforcement times and in potentially enforcedt zones, particularly if you drive a more noticeable/"targeted" type vehicle (i.e. sports-car, Import Sport-Compact, musclecar, "crotch-rocket" bike, etc.).

However, he speculates that the majority of citations will be handed-out specifically for dangerous/aggressive driving.

Keep safe out there, everyone. :)

^ Glad to be of-service. :)

Keep safe! Apparently, there's already reports from LERSOCers that people are already responding to this "enforcement blitz" in the usual, expected, idiotic fashion.... One of us was literally "trapped" following another vehicle at around 40 MPH on one of these affected freeways, earlier this AM. :lol: The affected LERSOCer could not get around this idiot as she was, herself, driving a long trailer-rig, and there just wasn't enough time/room to execute a safe passing maneuver.