LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I rarely go out by where you are, tekkitan - I've got a buddy who lives out that way, in North Ridgeville, but since baby Anna's arrival, I haven't really had much time to "have to Daddy alone." ;) Not that I'm complaining, though! :)

We went out to his 30th (and his son's 1st) B-day bash this past weekend, but we took my wifey's WRX. I spotted absolutely ZERO Scoobys along the way, which surprises even me, considering how Scoobys of various vintages are favored in NE-Ohio!

----

ebpda9 - Dude, you're just invisible! Cloaking device "on!" :lol:

----

SPOTTED

RPB '05 LGT, appeared stock, with Ellacott Shaker rear license frame, on 480/271 split near Harvard Rd.

6/26/06, appx. 2:30 PM. Older male driver.

I waved and engaged my DDEs to try to get your attention, but didn't see a wave through either your rear window nor when I scooted past you during my (aborted) datalog run. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hi (Evan) Edgecrusher:

Cool, I live in Bentleyville, so I'm sure we'll see each other again. Do you commute to Columbus, or just have family down there? A long hike, but you have the right car for it.

See you around,

-Mike

nope, i went to osu, but i graduated and am back in cleveland, working my way into the real world. my grandparents live in bentleyville also. how long ago did you get the spec b? there was one in the showroom at ellacott when i bought mine that looked very similar lol

nope, i went to osu, but i graduated and am back in cleveland, working my way into the real world. my grandparents live in bentleyville also. how long ago did you get the spec b? there was one in the showroom at ellacott when i bought mine that looked very similar lol

E.C.:

Sorry for my late reply. I got my Spec. B @ May 12 at Halpert in Mentor. I have been to Ellacott several times (they're close to where I work) but they never had a Spec. B when I was there. Glad to hear there's a Bentleyville connection, I thought I was the only one who lived there . . .

-Bartender X

Well it seems like plenty of the legacy's are being spotted around here. BUT the older models like 96-99's in the sedan are few and far between. And someone also stated that they have "plenty" of L models for sale in there area, can't remember where, but damn our car market STINKS here!!! (I'm of the belief that people drive them til they explode or die, which seems to take QUITE awhile) Well be on the look out around Lake/Cuyahoga county for a gold 1999 subaru legacy L. I know I can't be sweet like you guys with your 05-06's but give me a holla through the window anyways!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I spotted a RB LGT sedan today in Oregon (Toledo) in a parking lot on Navarre. The owner tried to flag me down, but I was in a huge hurry and couldn't stop. I feel bad because I would have liked to stop and bs with him. I may have to stop back and see if it's still there. If the owner is a member here, sorry.

________

Weed

Edited by mcsquish

• 1 month later...

SPOTTED:

Bartender X in his hotness SpecB - at the local PO off Warrensville, around 3:30 PM, Wed., 9/20.

Good seeing you again, brother! :)

Sorry I couldn't hang out longer, but I had to skip on home to pick up the wifey and then go get the kiddo....

Oh, and yes, I did blank-out on your name there, for a moment, Mike. :redface: My apologies!

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Hey bro!

NP - It's hard to navigate a new Forum, but heck, it looks like you've definitely got the hang of it! :D

LERSOC is the Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners Club - great and friendly bunch of people that spans just about all models of Scoobys (although it's definitely got a heavier trend towards, understandably, WRX/STi/STIs), and sees everyone from dyno-queens to street-racers to AutoXers and road-racers. It'll take a couple of days for your account to get activated by the Admin there, but it'll get done. :)

Thanks for your compliments, but truly, my level of modification is very, very mild compared to many.

I did post a thread there that detailed a bit more about my current mods - http://www.lersoc.com/index.php?name=pnphpbb2&file=viewtopic&t=7755 - but 'till you get a chance to log-in there, here's a quick run-down:

Aesthetically, aside from my headlamps being re-worked a bit (cleared ambers, CCFL DDEs, painted streaks), the only other thing that sets me off are my super-rice-pimpy JDM "STi" tags.

In terms of the interior, with the exception of MOMO floor-mats/grids, e-brake handle, and shift-knob, it's honestly just a bunch of extra gauges and other electronic goodies - otherwise, it's all stock. Heck, even my stereo system is all-stock. Of course, there's also the "baby-seat and mirror" mod, too! :lol:

Suspension/brakes related, I'm riding on 18x8" Prodrive PFF-7s w/Fuzion ZRis - these were a hand-me-down set that I bought off a LERSOC brother for quite a nice price. In the braking department, the fronts are a set of Rotora 330x24 1-piece rotors, cross-drilled and slotted for that extra bling (I don't race, so I have little durability concern) mated to their 4-pot clampers. Out rear, there's a set of stock-sized rotors, also cross-drilled and slotted Rotoras, to match. I have iON Sport-Spec springs that are coming to me any day now, and will likely install them in July. I've been contemplating front and/or rear sways, but I'm honestly still trying to get to know the car's behavior a bit better, and am thus hesitant to mess with this area.

Go-wise, I am almost completely Crucial under-hood. Crucial Up-Pipe and "shorty" Down-Pipe, paired with Crucial port, polished, and thermal-coated stock manifolds and a Crucial coated Injen cross-pipe. A Perrin Short-Ram handles intake duties, and on the exhaust side, after the stock third cat, I'm using a custom 3" "mid-pipe" with a Magnaflow resonator, going to a Lachute Y, with a pair of Blitz Nur-Spec Touring canisters.

The ECU-tune is by Al of Dynoflash, via ECUTek. On Buschur Racing's Mustang dyno, my vehicle, as well as brother GTsleeper's, which are of comparable states of mechanical and software tune, are netting about 15 to 20 wHP north of stock STi/STIs. I think that my exhaust and manifold/cross-pipe mods may be giving me a little more now, especially up-top, but my tune was done previous to these changes, and I'll need to get it optimized again. I think that after I get an aftermarket TMIC and BOV, I will most likely return for a re-tune.

:lol: :lol:

That's quite a mod list you've got there Allen!!

I seem to remember someone saying not too long ago that he was only planning to change UP/DP and maybe dyno tune his new ride...

^ :):redface: Guilty as charged, bruddah!

As she stands, it's still only "Stage II" - nothing really impressive at all until I eventually get a bigger snail and properly suport it at that. I keep hoping for a "big dog" to show up in the local area and for that person to really get aggressive with LGT modding, so I can live vicariously, but so far, that's not yet been the case. :(

Speaking of dyno-tuning, she'll be back up on the rollers at Buschur's in November, at the next PDXTuning tuning day. Getting her re-tuned, but I'm trying my absolute best to keep away from an aftermarket TMIC, as I know that I'd eventually go for a FMIC to properly support a larger turbo.

It's hard to resist that mod bug, though!

:)

Speaking of dyno-tuning, she'll be back up on the rollers at Buschur's in November, at the next PDXTuning tuning day.

Yeah. I'm trying to decide if I should keep my AP or sell it and go with a custom tune. Since my AP won't work with my new ECU (cooling fan issue) unless I return it to Cobb for an update, now may be a good time to switch...

eles1- if u have the accessport already i would say ship it back to cobb & get it updated.

why i say this? is Tim from PDX comes in to town..... which seems to be more & more. at a very good price(which would probably be more for ecutek) he can custom tune & store it on the accessprot so u can still switch back & forth.

i myself would like to get re-tuned with all my add-ons since my first tune. + i would like to see what if any difference in spool or power between the crucial p&p & the gt specs headers do. for TSI & i have basiclly the same set-up except that.

if i can only push my local STI guy to upgrade ill be a true STI leggy

eles1- if u have the accessport already i would say ship it back to cobb & get it updated.

why i say this? is Tim from PDX comes in to town..... which seems to be more & more. at a very good price(which would probably be more for ecutek) he can custom tune & store it on the accessprot so u can still switch back & forth.

Who is Tim from PDX?

If I unload my AP, I would probably go with a custom dyno-tune from the guys at Buscher...

he is one of the tuners & he always comes out for our local group.

u can still get a custom tune, but with having it on the AP. so u get tuned & he puts it on ur ap for u thats why u shouldnt get rid of it if u have it.......... u understanding

i would nit get tuned by Al from dynoflash. it was a good tune. just can never get a hold of him

he is one of the tuners & he always comes out for our local group.

u can still get a custom tune, but with having it on the AP. so u get tuned & he puts it on ur ap for u thats why u shouldnt get rid of it if u have it.......... u understanding

i would nit get tuned by Al from dynoflash. it was a good tune. just can never get a hold of him

Is this a "road tune"? Because I really think I would prefer a dyno tune, and as far as I know, Buscher has the only AWD dyno around...

Maybe I'll just have my AP updated and go back to Cobb's stage 1 programming...

spotted today: black lgt, on warner rd. approaching canal rd in Valley View. looked nice, talked for a second at the red light, said he was on here. license plate started with v30. turbo upgrade? would love to see the car again and get a chance to take a look at it.

evan

Is this a "road tune"? Because I really think I would prefer a dyno tune, and as far as I know, Buscher has the only AWD dyno around...

Maybe I'll just have my AP updated and go back to Cobb's stage 1 programming...

Ok i guess i wasnt clear........ our local group mets up at Buschers shop & get dyno tuned by Tim. ive been there multiple times with the guys......

also if u are just stage one......... it might not be cost effictive to get tuned

Ok i guess i wasnt clear........ our local group mets up at Buschers shop & get dyno tuned by Tim. ive been there multiple times with the guys......

also if u are just stage one......... it might not be cost effictive to get tuned

I see now...