LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

I bought mine from Gary @ Halpert. Nice, small dealership. What made you decide to make the trip all the way out to Painesville from North Royalton to buy at Halpert?? Availability??

My entire family has been buying Subarus from Halpert since the mid 1980's. I think at last count, we've bought like 14 Subarus from them. Between my dad, step-mother and my wife, we bought four Subarus last year alone (my dad had an Outback H6 and hated it; traded it on an Outback XT within 4 months).

Tim (the general manager) has always been willing to do anything he could for me. I simply couldn't have asked for a better deal than he gave me on my '05 GT, and he was willing to locate it. Since there are no GT 5-spd wagons for '06, I was under the gun to find what I wanted. He found it at Byers in Columbus.

:)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i live in brookpark, if u ever need anything simple or not give a email. the word at the house is that i work on cars for a living?! what crap, they dont know what i do from 8-6? oh the lady said she saw a black LGT, no wing in brecksville area. anyone on here own?

Nice car :D

Swing on down to Buschur's in Wakeman this Saturday if you have time...Winky's getting ECUTek'ed by the guys from DynoFlash. eles1 and anybody else, you're invited, too, of course! :) Winky goes on the rollers at 10AM

Did they ever fill up the other time slots they had set aside for LERSOC members? There were still a bunch open last time I checked...

I was thinking about having some pulls done (no tuning) just to see what my AP stage 1 is doing for me but I think I'll probably have to go out of town this weekend (seems to be happening a lot, lately).

I think you'll enjoy the new EM :cool: Are you adding UP and/or DP as well??

Hey bro,

All other slots were filled - it's a LERSOC/Evo combined day, and I think the final tally was 3 Scoobys (including me; the other two were WRXs), with the rest of the slots taken up by Evos. Understandable, I think, given that the DynoFlash guys are much better known in the Evo crowd.

I know they're also doing a few tunes on Friday evening, but I think those slots are filled as well.

Not sure, though, what they'd do about guys who just want to jump on the dyno and get a few quick numbers. Give Jarrod a call at the Buschur main number, he should be able to tell you what's up. :)

I'm UP/DP'ed already - Rog swung by and helped a great deal, and Matt put his hand in for the TMIC re-install and was a "consultant" during the following penetrating-solution "smoking." :lol: Brett (bah14, from LERSOC) also stopped by to shoot the shit a bit. :) The heat-shields are now also back on, after re-tightening of all bolts (no leaks) this past Tuesday.

Not looking to get huge numbers - after all, it's only an UP/DP plus an intake, on the stock turbo and TMIC and all. Just looking for some extra everyday fun, and better overall driveability, which seems to be what the DynoFlash guys are about on their more conservative tunes.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hey bro,

All other slots were filled - it's a LERSOC/Evo combined day, and I think the final tally was 3 Scoobys (including me; the other two were WRXs), with the rest of the slots taken up by Evos. Understandable, I think, given that the DynoFlash guys are much better known in the Evo crowd.

I know they're also doing a few tunes on Friday evening, but I think those slots are filled as well.

Not sure, though, what they'd do about guys who just want to jump on the dyno and get a few quick numbers. Give Jarrod a call at the Buschur main number, he should be able to tell you what's up. :)

I'm UP/DP'ed already - Rog swung by and helped a great deal, and Matt put his hand in for the TMIC re-install and was a "consultant" during the following penetrating-solution "smoking." :lol: Brett (bah14, from LERSOC) also stopped by to shoot the shit a bit. :) The heat-shields are now also back on, after re-tightening of all bolts (no leaks) this past Tuesday.

Not looking to get huge numbers - after all, it's only an UP/DP plus an intake, on the stock turbo and TMIC and all. Just looking for some extra everyday fun, and better overall driveability, which seems to be what the DynoFlash guys are about on their more conservative tunes.

Cool. If you would, post the numbers here or on LERSOC (or both) once you get them. I'd be interested to see what a custom tune could do with those mods vs. AP stage 2. I still have mixed feelings about my AP...

Hey guys,

Just wondering how the "dyno-day" went. I couldnt go, I had a wedding to go to. All I thought about was how cool it would of been to be there & meet u guys and others! IM saying congrates to the couple while think scubby,turbo,tuning,dyno,AWD,fast,I could be somewhere else--ahahahahah. Couple drinks & some dancing-I was able to settle down, some what.

:lol: That's funny, your story about the wedding. :lol:

The day went great, -LOTS- of the LERSOC guys came out, quite a crew and all great, friendly, easy-going people. I had a bunch of fun. The Buschur crew, were great, too, as was Al from DynoFlash. All-in-all, a great experience for a dyno-day virgin like myself.

:D

Winky baselined at appx. 191 and 205 wHP/wTQ, with the Crucial UP/DP plus Perrin Short Ram intake. Final tune w/ECUTek reflash was appx. 215 (5750 RPM) and 225 (4500 RPM), respectively, at 15 psi boost. Winkiy spent appx. 2 hours on the dyno - I lost track of the number of runs. Al and Dave (Buschur) were very, very thorough -to say the least- and also a bunch of thanks go out to Tim ("SloRice") of LERSOC, without whose guidance/expertice on the Mustang we wouldn't have even found "Subaru."

Hard to reference numbers, as Buschur's Mustang is quite new, and so far has only had a few vehicles on it - however, right after my runs, an Evo MR stepped up for its reflash, and, stock, put down only appx. 200 wHP and wTQ.

But as I said from the beginning, my intent was not for Winky to return huge numbers - what I wanted from her was mainly improved driveability as well as better "area under the curve," and both were definitely returned by Al/DynoFlash. Keeping her under 2K RPM, and she's pretty much the same as she was at baseline. Between 2K and 3K, the transition from off to on-boost is now smoother, but when boost really starts to kick in, she truly takes off much, much harder than she did without tune, and that increased shove at the small of the back is evident all the way up to about 5-and-a-half-K. The turbo still runs out of steam up-top, but that's just the turbo, not a fault of the tune.

The net result of this is that I'm now having to re-learn taking off from a standing stop. Using the same technique as I've done for Winky from "stock" to "baseline," I'd scare myself by almost shooting up other car's tailpipes! :eek: On the highway, I'm now finding that I no longer have to downshift to pass at highway speeds, even at relative urgency. And if the situation requires it, a drop down to fourth immediately propels Winky from 60 to 80 mph, with enough gusto to elicit a grin on my face and memories of my clipped/ported EvoIII 16G equipped Talon.

Around-town, I'm happy puttering around in third - and in neighborhoods, just sticking to second will see me through just about every situation short of a full stop.

Certainly, I'm happy with her newfound power - stoplight-to-stoplight, there's just not much out there I have to be afraid of, especially with AWD-launches on my side. But honestly, even more so, I'm impressed at how much more driveable and liveable she is overall. I was told, by many Evo owners, to expect smoothness and eagerness from a DynoFlash tune, Al definitely delivered.

On EvoM, you'll find reports from a stock-turbo Evo sporting a full 3" TBE, ported 02 housing, AMS FMIC, AMS/Injen IC piping, Injen MAF pipe and intake, GReddy EBC, TurboXS BOV, and unspecified Walboro having put down appx. 250/242 before tune, 282/264-post.

From LERSOC, "Quack" has an 18G-equipped monster of a little WRX wagon that put up a base run of 253.9 wHP @ 5750 RPM and 234.1 wTQ @ 4750 RPM, which, with tuning, returned 281.6 @ 6500 RPM and 260.3 @ 4750 RPM, respectively, despite a badly heat-soaked top-mount. This little wagon scared the $% out of me on an impromptu run over some country roads. :D Another LERSOCer, Matt, running a 20G-equipped STi w/FMIC, returned appx. 315 for both wHP and wTQ post-tune.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I was a little disappointed in this:

Winky baselined at appx. 191 and 205 wHP/wTQ, with the Crucial UP/DP plus Perrin Short Ram intake.

Until I read this:

however, right after my runs, an Evo MR stepped up for its reflash, and, stock, put down only appx. 200 wHP and wTQ.

Very cool :cool:

Final tune w/ECUTek reflash was appx. 215 (5750 RPM) and 225 (4500 RPM), respectively, at 15 psi boost.

Any reason they didn't shoot for 16-16.5 psi? I think that's what Cobb AP maps target for both stage1 and stage2 boost. Was the 15 psi your request or was that all the further they wanted to push it? Is 16 psi too high in their opinion??

Any dyno-graphs?? :dm:

Hey bro,

I think that the raw numbers were quite a bit lower than what *anyone* expected that day. The unofficial LERSOC poll, even before hearing baseline, was around 240-250 wHP.

I, myself, though, went in with almost no expectations, either way. Very Bushido, don't you think?! :p

The stock MR certainly surprised all of us.....

I would love to have seen a baseline pull from a stock STi on this dyno, though. While the MR is definitely impressive, to say the least, the STi would provide yet another level of comparison. So far, no stock STis have been put up. :(

---

I'll get my graphs up ASAP, but I need to take a couple of pix of them. Will try either tonight or tomorrow night, and I apologize for the delay. :)

Al played around quite a bit, I think my max boost, at one point, pegged about 18-19. :lol: Apparently, she started leaning-out somewhat at around 17 psi, so we all decided it was best to back her off, considering what my personal goals were.

In this respect, I truly liked both Dave and Al quite a bit - and respected the LERSOC guys, too. Neither of the former tried to "make things look good" by upping boost, and the LERSOC guys all definitely understood my goals, and also didn't push.

Wish you coulda been there!

---

BTW, the most funny part of the day was after I had told the MR's owner that Winky is my "old man car," seeing that it definitely was among one of the more "mature" cars there - the fun happened when his friend, who hadn't been listening all that much, later turned to me and said, in all seriousness:

"So, that's your old man's ride?"

:lol:

Hey bro,

I think that the raw numbers were quite a bit lower than what *anyone* expected that day. The unofficial LERSOC poll, even before hearing baseline, was around 240-250 wHP.

I, myself, though, went in with almost no expectations, either way. Very Bushido, don't you think?! :p

The stock MR certainly surprised all of us.....

Yeah, sounds like their dyno was pulling about 10-20 whp lower than some others I've seen. That's okay since you did the smart thing - taking a baseline pull. You can still see the gains you made and they were significant. I wonder of the UP/DP was helping out at all without the EM on the baseline?? I would suspect not a lot...

By the way, were those raw numbers or SAE corrected? If they were raw, what were the corrected values??

I'll get my graphs up ASAP, but I need to take a couple of pix of them. Will try either tonight or tomorrow night, and I apologize for the delay. :)

Sorry:redface: , I'm just anxious to see them. I'll watch the "turbo powertrains" forum the next couple of days. I would assume that's where you'll be posting them?

Al played around quite a bit, I think my max boost, at one point, pegged about 18-19. :lol: Apparently, she started leaning-out somewhat at around 17 psi, so we all decided it was best to back her off, considering what my personal goals were.

That's interesting. My AP stage1 map peaks up around 16+ psi on a regular basis. I run the stock map most of the time. I think I'll keep it that way until I can get a chance to do some significant data logging. Who knows, maybe I'll sell the AP and go with a custom tune.

BTW, the most funny part of the day was after I had told the MR's owner that Winky is my "old man car," seeing that it definitely was among one of the more "mature" cars there - the fun happened when his friend, who hadn't been listening all that much, later turned to me and said, in all seriousness:

"So, that's your old man's ride?"

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

That's hilarious!! We were just talking about that on LERSOC a couple weeks ago.

If he would've said that to me, I would have beat his little punk-ass with my walker!! :lol:

Hey Jamie,

... I wonder of the UP/DP was helping out at all without the EM on the baseline?? I would suspect not a lot...

Unknown.

Al said that an all-stock LGT dynoed only appx. 150/150 :eek: or thereabouts on a Mustang elsewhere. That really shocks me.

If, as with PDXTuning and other's graphs/charts, the UP/DP gives close to Cobb AP Stage I reflash results, then I'd guess that my "stock" baseline should have netted somewhere around 170/170 or so.

By the way, were those raw numbers or SAE corrected? If they were raw, what were the corrected values??

Dave mentioned on LERSOC that they are all corrected. :)

BTW, to add another reference, a WRX, later on in the day, made about 194 wHP, 185 wTQ. This was with the following mods on his vehicle:

PDE UP/DP, HKS HiPer exhaust, ported/polished STi throttle body, HyperFlow TMIC, Perrin crank pulley, STi coil packs, Iridium plugs, Apexi intake.

Sorry:redface: , I'm just anxious to see them. I'll watch the "turbo powertrains" forum the next couple of days. I would assume that's where you'll be posting them?

NP. :D

Actualy, they're up on LERSOC, there's a thread there dedicated to dyno graphs/charts.

Here, I'll probably just lump it into my UP/DP install thread so that I won't start what would be essentially a "useless" subject/topic/thread. ;)

That's interesting. My AP stage1 map peaks up around 16+ psi on a regular basis. I run the stock map most of the time. I think I'll keep it that way until I can get a chance to do some significant data logging. Who knows, maybe I'll sell the AP and go with a custom tune.

I actualy peaked at 16 PSI in 2nd this AM - the memory on my NEXUS caught it. I think that Al might not have boost control set "hard" for a 15 PSI max. - but I know for-certain that I have not hit above 17 PSI, as that's where I've currently got my full-dial warning set. I'll have to try a highway pull to see if either 3rd or 4th would see me above 16.

One of the LERSOC guys - Matt - who took his 20G-equipped STi for a reflash, did comment on how much smoother his car now runs after a custom tune. He arrived with an off-the-shelf map, and gained, I believe, about 15 on both sides, but driveability was what he was after.

But in case you're wondering what kind of performance Matt could expect from his car Dave said on EvoM that his personal Evo makes 338 wHP on that dyno, and he runs an 11.3 @ 120mph !! Smokin! :cool:

I think that Dave is going to be hosting regular dyno days for LERSOC from now on, on a monthly or semi-quarterly basis. Also, I believe he's planning to have Al come back out for another LERSOC/Evo dyno/tune day in October.

It's callin' ya, bro! :dm:

That's hilarious!! We were just talking about that on LERSOC a couple weeks ago.

If he would've said that to me, I would have beat his little punk-ass with my walker!! :lol:

I tried to catch him and swat him with my cane, but he just ran too fast! Nest time, I'll pull out my electric scooter. :p

NP brotha. :)

The Buschur crew did mention this time that just getting in pulls would be welcome, too. I believe that they'd tentatively set the price at $75 for 3 pulls.

NP brotha. :)

The Buschur crew did mention this time that just getting in pulls would be welcome, too. I believe that they'd tentatively set the price at $75 for 3 pulls.

Yeah, I thought about that. It would be very useful to see what a 100% stock LGT pulls on that dyno, but I don't know if I want to spend 75 bucks on it. It would probably be worth it...

^^

Several members, last time, were thinking about splitting runs. :)

Wish I could, bro, but I already had to bug-out on Matt (mbrink) on a sweet-ass trip down to MidOhio. :(

Too much car-stuff for the past two weeks - wifey is demanding (:lol: - kidding) some hubby-time. ;)

Hey "my locals"

U guys thinking of going to Norwalk this weekend? I would like to get a few pass down the track. Just to see what it can do. 4 my own sake. Racing, different cars, party. Let a bro-know.

Not this weekend - too many other things going on... Maybe sometime in the near future. We should get a small group together and head out sometime.

Update:

Definitely hitting 17 PSI (solid peak) in 2nd and 3rd. Have yet to hop on to the highway to check out 4th.

Looks like this is a part of the custom tune - I'm mostly boosting at around 15 PSI, but obvioiusly, when things have gotten exciting, I'm hitting 17 without my having taken note of it. :)

Good thing that the NEXUS records :lol: !

I guess that the pea I call a brain is unable to focus on both the tach and the boost-gauge at the same time, when I'm also watching the road, that is! ROFL! :)

BTW, latest numbers posted from an upgraded (quite a number of bolt-ons) WRX, tuned on the same day, was appx. 191/181 wHP/wTQ.

According to rumor, stock STis on comparable Mustang dynos ring-in at around 233 wHP. I honestly don't know, though, what kind of number they might return on Buschur's dyno, but if we assume a consistent percentage loss based on that Evo MR's figures, stock STis might be pulling only around 213 or so at Buschur's.

While the hard numbers, to me, aren't very important, I do still like to get an idea of where I stand as sorta an "easy reference" when talking to my buddies. :) Having an MR to refer to isn't bad at all, but I can't help but feel that a direct-comparison to an STi would be even better. :)

NEW Sighting!

Baker's Square eatery in Willoughby Hills, Ohio.

This would be at about 1PM or so yesterday, Saturday, 9/24. Silver LGT sedan with factory wing, you still had temp. plates.

I was at the stoplight on Chardon (wifey and I had just come from the baby furniture store), and saw you unloading your little girl.

Just wanted to say "hi!"

TSi- least u get to see our cars roll once in awhile. Its hard to look at my car when its moving & im the one driving. OOO'well maybe ill figure that out someday.Awsome update. Its got to feel great seeing/feeling the diff. with tune.

eles1- good idea- get together and cruise. Hopefully sometime soon our lifes will slow down just a little, so we can get together, do something, what ever it is. I just think it would be f***ing cool to have a group of LGTs cruise the road & people looking at use saying WTF :confused: :confused: !!! Although "the lady" says I should see a Dr.. to discuse the problems my car (new lady) in my life is effecting the homestead. Which I think she is just jealous! I tell her no matter what, I still come home & to bed with her. While the other lady sits in the garage, just waiting for morning so I can ride her all the way to work. Man im a sick-O :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although "the lady" says I should see a Dr.. to discuse the problems my car (new lady) in my life is effecting the homestead. Which I think she is just jealous! I tell her no matter what, I still come home & to bed with her. While the other lady sits in the garage, just waiting for morning so I can ride her all the way to work. Man im a sick-O :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're not sick at all - I think that's perfectly normal! :dm:

--------

NEW SIGHTING -

Silver '05 LGT wagon.

Cornell Rd., Little Italy

9/28 - appx. 6:30 PM

Not sure if you were among the students (med? grad?) talking in a huddled group, but they were all gathered around the rear of your wagon, parked off Cornell Rd. in Little Italy yesterday evening at around 6:30 PM.

Just wanted to say "hi!" http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

ABP '05 Legacy 2.5GT, Cornell Rd., 'Lil Italy, 10/3 ~6:30 PM

Cleveland/Cleveland Hts. OH

----

Atlantic Blue Pearl '05/'06 Legacy 2.5GT sedan.

You were N-bound (going toward the CWRU campus) on Cornell Rd., with a carload of passengers. I grinned at ya http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif , but you were staring straight ahead because of traffic....

I was going the opposite way, towards Edgehill, in virtually the same car as you. http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you're here, say "hi" ! http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_cool.gifhttp://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

Bugeye WRX, white, stock(?), 10/3 6:30PM, Fairmount (W-bd)

Cleveland/Cleveland Hts. OH

----

Not a LGT sighting, but this was funny.... ;)

Also, the driver of the Rex might have seen my "LegacyGT.com" sticker.....

White Bugeye Rex, appeared and sounded completely stock.

Caught sight of you coming out of the CWRU med/dental ("Health Sci.) underground lot (Lot S-55). Finally met up with you on Fairmount west-bound between Cleveland Hts. and Univ. Heights.

We shared a brief conversation at the Taylor Rd. traffic light. with me commenting "Nice Rex," and you returning with "What is that?" to my Legacy.

Just wanted to say "hi" if you're here! http://www.lersoc.com/modules/pnphpbb2/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

UPDATE - Buschur Racing in Wakeman, Ohio, is again having a dyno-tune day.

Date is October 13/14 (Thurs./Fri.)

ECUTek flashes done by Al of DynoFlash.

$750 is for a CUSTOM-MAP, dyno tune.

Still waiting to see if they're going to host just dyno pulls. :)

Mustang AWD dyno.