LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ted/GT -

Thursday/Friday, 13/14 (sorry for the confusion above, edited!)...I understand that there is a NOPI Natioinals event that weekend, which is why the Buschur guys had to move this event to Thurs./Fri.

For those interested in the tune, please call the Buschur Racing shop at 440-839-1900 to schedule an appointment. Slots are usually about 1-hour and 15-minutes long. Ask for Jarrod, and be sure to tell them that you've got a 2005 (or 06) Subaru Legacy 2.5GT.

Yes, this is Al of DynoFlash fame. And yes, this is the same tuner who flashed Winky. :)

DynoFlash is *extremely* highly regarded in the Evo world.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

speaking of Evos--- there is a blue one around. My friend (in his rex) & I have seen him on State road by I-480. Talked to him- nice guy. to bad he plays for the other team. Well all I can say is unless u are highly modded, I wouldnt be playing with pink slips. I didnt line up with him but by the way he took-off and kept going, Im nervous- also saw him on the highway. I, myself would need some more modding before going head to head!!!! Maybe it was just me but i saw flames,:confused: flames man at each shift.Only 2 shifts I couldnt see him after 3rd gear.:confused:

:D NICE!!!

I love Evos - I'm an old DSMer, and still one at-heart, so the 4G63 occupies a very, very fond place.

I tried convincing the wifey that the Evo is just another 4-door daily transport, but one look at it, and she said "no," that's just your DSM in another skin. :lol:

Great rides, with a *lot* of potential.

An MR put down 201 wHP, stock, on Buschur's dyno the day that I got Winky tuned. After a simple reflash, that very same MR turned in 250 wHP. Even on the stock turbo with relatively minor plumbing upgrades and just a reflash, they can put down nearly 300 wHP, which, at the bang-for-buck ratio, greatly outpaces a comparable STi.

I could probably keep up with a stock one (given my dyno numbers and the weight differential), but an LGT will need to be seriously modded before it can take on a modded Evo. Totally different class of car. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

New sighting:

10/8 - Saturday - W-bound Wilson Mills Rd. in Highland Heights, Ohio. Appx. 3:30 PM.

"Silver" LGT sedan w/factory wing - and a pair of reflective red stripes/stickers, akin to the rear of a Mazda 3.

I followed you for a little bit on Wilson Mills - tried to get in front of you, actually, but didn't want to speed too much due to typical chances of enforcement in that area, and ended up just barely catching up to you by the time I'd hit Bishop, where I then turned to go N-bound.

Just wanted to say "hi" - I couldn't see if you were waving or were even looking at me in your rearview, as the overhanging leaves/branches were reflecting pretty badly in your really clean rear glass. :)

BTW, for the Buschur Dyno-tune day.

No slots are open for just dyno-pulls. However, they've dropped their price down to $50 for 2 pulls. This is on an "any other day" basis, scheduling an appointment with them, of course. :)

The 14/15th is just for dyno-tunes.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, 10/22 - appx. 6:45 AM (?)

Atlantic Blue 2.5GT wagon...full window tinting.

We were on I-71 S. I tried to catch up to you after you'd passed (when I first saw you), but my directions took me towards another route.

:)

Just wanted to say "hi!" :D

• 2 weeks later...

GT -

Sorry, bro, Al (DynoFlash) is out in CT. :( If you'd like to contact him, his e-mail should be available via either his website (sorry, no direct-link as they're not a Vendor here ;) , but it's just "dynoflash.com") or via the sub-Forums at EvolutionM, where he maintains a good presence.

The next Buschur Tuning day is November 19th, contact Jarrod at the shop:

(440) 839-1900

9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday to Friday

I think there's already one Scooby from LERSOC signed-up, a WRX, if I remember correctly. :)

ECUTek reflash by Al is $750, including dyno time, of course, on Buschur's new Mustang dyno. Just be warned, that's a heartbreaker of a dyno and is notorious in the Evo world. :lol: But heck, it's a *great* tuning tool!

GT-

NP. :) The prices for the "cheap" Evo tunes are for proprietary DynoFlash tunes. $199 for mail-in, if I recall correctly, and $399 for dyno-tune using DynoFlash's proprietary magic (I think they have a special deal with Buschur, in that a DynoFlash tune, on the dyno, at Buschur's, for one of these "tuning days," is gonna be $375).

Even for their Mitsubishi tuning, if ECUTek is used, the price actually goes up quite a bit (to $650, and that's also for a full dyno, custom tune) due to the licensing.

If there's problems, we'd take it up with Al first, if it's an issue of the tune (which is very unlikely to happen, given his experience and skill). Otherwise, if, say, we want to "revert to stock," we'd just send in our ECU in for a free reflash, he stores all of our stuff on-file. :) After our dealer or whatever other service dept. is done with the vehicle, we send the ECU in again, and he'll flash it right back.

TSi-

I was having the same thoughts^^ (pricing) Im just glad I know someone hows had it done & knows alot about it even if its from the other side (Evos) more less :lol: . U said u stayed pretty much mild/middle of the road. Do u have some choices? Im going to call Jarrod when I get off here-just one problem have to work sat. till 3 & its out east a good distance:icon_sad: . I think. Well doesnt hurt to at least call.

U said u stayed pretty much mild/middle of the road. Do u have some choices?

Ayup - I definitely stayed "mild" with my plans for Winky...she is, after all, my daily-driver, through and through. :)

Choices.

Staying "mild," I could have gone with a more aggressive DP (i.e. full-length, non-catted) or outright turbo-back. That would likely have optimized my gains at this particular level of hardware/tune, but I honestly also wanted to keep things civilized for my wifey, who's had to deal with some 10+ years of catless DSMs, and their associated sounds and smells. ;)

Of course, there's always the option of ProTUNE or StreetTUNE, with the Cobb AccessPORT, but finding a local tuner that does that is the hard part...the LERSOC guys were, at one point, talking about arranging a tune-day out in Chicago - so you can see my hesitation.

The other issue for me was cost - an AccessPORT is a "known quantity," at around $650, new. That plus dyno time and tuner time, which should be at around $300-$500, given a "tune day" arranged by LERSOC, puts me significantly behind the blistering $750 tune-day deal through Buschur/DynoFlash (especially considering that even for a mail-in, off-the-shelf ECUTek map by well-respected tuners like PDXTuning, I'd *still* be out some $799 or so!). The custom, dyno-tune ECUTek pricing was just too hard to pass up, given my particular needs (see below).

Certainly, I do somewhat regret now not being able to utilize two different maps, on-the-fly, as an AP would allow me to do, but honestly, since my plans for Winky pretty much stops at my current level of hardware upgrades, I felt content knowing that I have an optimized - and safe - map for the hardware she has on her, knowing further that I'm not going to change things much, if at all, down the road.

If your plans are more "variable," then perhaps going with the AP, even with off-the-shelf maps just for the time being (until at some later date when you may wish to get Pro/StreetTUNEd), would, in my very humble opinion, probably be a good thing to do.

But if you're good-to-go otherwise, and your plans probably top-out where you are...well, that's why I got Winky ECUTek custom tuned.

It's a hard decision to make, all the more so because it's a considerable chunk of change! :)

Best of luck, bro!

TSi-

Went to the Dynoflash today. got flashed & wow:icon_surp!! Everyone their was great!! Great people really! Rocken cars!! Al saw me pull in & came right over to me & said " were going to bring this thing alive!" & "LGTs out of all gain the most from a tune" He did alright. Al took it for a ride was shocked- so he told Dave to take it (not a subie guy) both are extremly overwelmed with how it came out. Al told him to start making LGT (subie) parts!! The dyno is a heartbreaker, like u said. its on the streets that matters though! i want to put the dyno paper on here but the way im doing it is not working. I scan & try to put it on the post (many ways) but its a no go. Any info on that?

till then, i got about 20 hp & 70 ftpounds-amazing was the 70 torq was at a 1k less rpms(3000)!!. through a 5AT & the IC was really hot. AL wanted more so they tried cooling it down with water-- which turned to vaper in front of ur eyes i could see the heated IC with no fan was becoming a problem. So it was good to go! Plus they were trying to get the last guy done. It was a rex w/sti scoop, wheels , fmic (that i could see). from Columbus, dyno time for them was 2ish- the car was leaking gas from somewhere. so when i got there, they were just finished fixing it. They had to run after me when i was done. My appt. was at 430 & didnt get a base run till quarter to 6.

S/N- They show the graghs & base run & other runs the A/F ratio was a flat line & no lean condition. I guess the kn typhoon is not a problem (at least with the up/down pipe set up). It didnt start leaning till they were pushing it & see how it would respond and ofcouse adjusted.

Max power 202 (6500) & torque was 225 (3k). Al & Dave both said the dyno did no justice to what it feels on the road!! " It doesnt feel like 200hp" 3600 pound car to boot.

All I can say is its really f-ing fast now!!!:icon_bigg I cant think of anyone i would let drive it now.

By the way thanks for infoing me on the everything.

SIGHTING: 12:00pm, Sat. 19th

Black GT with factory wing on Maple Hts. on Dunhum Rd. u out here.

P.S.-m.t.k.y.b.- Everyone there loved the car except for Dave but hes hard core evo,mitsu. builder. I just cant get over how excited Al (dynoflash tuner) was doing my car and how it came out then amazed how it was on the road test.