LegacyGT.com

Version 6 of navigation dvd is coming soon!

mariojas

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
why not just get version 7 and be done with it. BTW I have version 4 on mine and my buddy wants it for his Navi how would I go about copying and burning it? I have a Dual Layer DVD just need to know what software I can use to extract it and burn it.

I'm still running on the original version that came with the car in 2008. :(

I would love to buy an aftermarket head unit with navigation but don't want to deal with hacking stuff up and losing functionality of the steering wheel controls. It seems that every option I've read up on has a "but" with it. Like "you can do this, this and this... but that won't work." and it'll cost $1,500 all said and done. I need to do more homework. I hate the stock head unit.

how would i get in on the version 7 update?

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted share what I know in terms of getting the version 7 East and West. You will need to install utorrent then make sure it opens with this link.

The more seeders the better and we can then get the latest version instead.

Update:

After getting all the files, will need to use a program called WinRar to combine all the files then output it into the .ISO. Once you have the .ISO, you'll use an ISO burning program. After you have the .ISO file, use WinRar again and extract all the files to a directory.

Managed to burn both using ImgBurn 2.5.7.0, but need to use UDF (instead of ISO 9960) because when using 'Write' mode, the error about the Dual Layer split was occurring. To burn using UDF - choose 'Mode' - 'Build' and pick the source ISO folder where the entire contents is extracted. Make sure you don't include the file path otherwise the path will get created on the disc and it won't work. Then on the other half of the screen where there are several tabs, select the 'Options' tab. For File System choose 'UDF'. Put your Dual Layer disc in the capable DVD burner. Make sure you're in Device mode output (File to Disk Device), continue and choose 'Yes'. The next confirmation dialog is for the UDF Volume label (name of the file), then continue it will start burning the file in Dual Layer mode and automatically calculate and split the file for you when it burns.

why not just get version 7 and be done with it. BTW I have version 4 on mine and my buddy wants it for his Navi how would I go about copying and burning it? I have a Dual Layer DVD just need to know what software I can use to extract it and burn it.

See my v7 post above. Enjoy! Happy Holidays! :lol::);)

Successfully burned and still seeding. Thank you!

I used Transmission on my Mac and Unrar to create the ISO which is the same as a disk image. Then select the ISO in Disk Utility and tell it to burn it to a DL DVD. You must have a DL burner.

Archived