LegacyGT.com

Version 6 of navigation dvd is coming soon!

mariojas

I'm still using v3.0 discs from 2008. Can someone who uses v7 or v8 compare them to the much older discs? I figure after 5 years, an upgrade is in order for me regardless, but it would be nice to hear someone say the updates have really improved along the way.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's disappointing and makes the $238 price tag hard to swallow.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. I wonder if there's a way to confirm what's on the new maps... I'd be very disappointed to spend the money and discover 3 year old streets aren't shown.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted share what I know in terms of getting the version 7 East and West. You will need to install utorrent then make sure it opens with this link.

The more seeders the better and we can then get the latest version instead.

Update:

After getting all the files, will need to use a program called WinRar to combine all the files then output it into the .ISO. Once you have the .ISO, you'll use an ISO burning program. After you have the .ISO file, use WinRar again and extract all the files to a directory.

Managed to burn both using ImgBurn 2.5.7.0, but need to use UDF (instead of ISO 9960) because when using 'Write' mode, the error about the Dual Layer split was occurring. To burn using UDF - choose 'Mode' - 'Build' and pick the source ISO folder where the entire contents is extracted. Make sure you don't include the file path otherwise the path will get created on the disc and it won't work. Then on the other half of the screen where there are several tabs, select the 'Options' tab. For File System choose 'UDF'. Put your Dual Layer disc in the capable DVD burner. Make sure you're in Device mode output (File to Disk Device), continue and choose 'Yes'. The next confirmation dialog is for the UDF Volume label (name of the file), then continue it will start burning the file in Dual Layer mode and automatically calculate and split the file for you when it burns.

Thanks for all those who seeded.

I haven't been successful in burning this though! I'm using ImgBurn and following 510Finn's instructions. It looks like it burns properly (comparing the disc structure compared to my previous nav disc) but when I try using it in the Nav, it says it's not a Nav disc :mad:

Any suggestions of another method? Thanks!

Thanks for all those who seeded.

I haven't been successful in burning this though! I'm using ImgBurn and following 510Finn's instructions. It looks like it burns properly (comparing the disc structure compared to my previous nav disc) but when I try using it in the Nav, it says it's not a Nav disc :mad:

Any suggestions of another method? Thanks!

Did you extract the .rar files into a .iso file first?

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Did you extract the .rar files into a .iso file first?

If you are referring to the 43 and 44 rar files then yes, I extracted those to get the iso and MDS files

510Finn's instructions go from there which is to extract the files from the iso, etc.

I tried just right-click the iso file and selecting "burn using ImgBurn" and they it tells me to use the MDS file which sets me up in ImgBurn.

When I try running ImgBurn off the MDS file ("write" mode) then it says:

ERROR

"Optimal layer break position must be a multiple of 16.

Optional L0 sectors: 1,654,946

Next largest acceptable value: 1,654,960"

This is probably the problem 510Finn is referring to regarding the ISO9660 and UDF. I can't find how to change it to UDF only unless I change the mode to "build" as opposed to "write" which is probably why 510Finn wrote his instructions to help others.

:confused: Thanks.

Archived