LegacyGT.com

Version 6 of navigation dvd is coming soon!

mariojas

I've never updated the Nav since I've owned the car, but from what I understand you leave the disk in the DVD-ROM drive. I think that you can load either disk to get the full USA map, but you select either EAST or WEST disk to have the Points of Interest for those respective regions.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So no one has a response as to whether I need to leave the disc in or not and/or why it wont load both sets of maps (disc question will probably answer that)

In my amateur opinion, you do have to leave the disc in. I currently have the east disc in and get POI's for that reigion.

I've never updated the Nav since I've owned the car, but from what I understand you leave the disk in the DVD-ROM drive. I think that you can load either disk to get the full USA map, but you select either EAST or WEST disk to have the Points of Interest for those respective regions.

I think you are exactly right.

In my amateur opinion, you do have to leave the disc in. I currently have the east disc in and get POI's for that reigion.

I think you are exactly right.

Ok well that ruins my plan for being able to share as many as I wanted. I'll keep one set at least. I have another set that I'm pretty sure is claimed but I can burn East or West onto my last disc and send it to someone if they want.

Proflashrtst: Thanks. I clicked the link you posted in this reply and it went to the other thread you had going. I looked in the OP of that thread, and clicked the link in the line that said "If for some reason the links are broken OR your vehicle doesn’t have compatible maps and you would like to see if you can find the latest and greatest for your model than you can look HERE" So when I clicked the hyperlinked "HERE" it brought me to a page that listed a series of navigation "versions" for different vehicles/makes. It listed what I was looking for (v7 for 2010 Outback), but I didn't find any hyperlinks embedded within. Sorry for the dumb question, but what am I supposed to do to get the discs?

Thanks!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Been busy as heck at work and with rebuilding my lgt. You just email the admin on the site you went to. If you need contact info just pm me. If you buy...send it to me and I'll add it to my op in the other thread for everyone ekse .

Where are the version 7 discs for 5th gen? This thread has become confusing to follow. We should have a single thread for each version.

Agree. The recent posts from what I can tell concern a different version for a differnt generation (4th gen?). But, that's how this thread started, I think.

Proflashartist replied to my post about the version 7 discs for 5th gens, but when I went to the link he referred to, I wasn't able to figure what to do from there. I posted a reply asking what I'm supposed to do, so waiting/hoping for a reply.

Pm me for info

You think there is any way to possibly burn both maps onto one disc so then you can have the entire US on the same disc? There's quite a bit of overlap between the two maps.

Even if there was, the only time that would come in handy is in a situation where you had to swap discs constantly. Don't you think? I think that circumstance would be rare.

Even if there was, the only time that would come in handy is in a situation where you had to swap discs constantly. Don't you think? I think that circumstance would be rare.

I guess. But it still bothers me that I can't just have one disc :lol:

I guess. But it still bothers me that I can't just have one disc :lol:

dude, as much as I love my car, there is a list a mile long of dumb choices Subie made even in 2007 that drive me nuts!!!!!

1. Why 2 discs for Nav?

2. Why no HDD Nav?

3. Why only 24hr clock on dash display?

4. Why no less than 5 ways to view fuel economy and NO FREAKING BOOST GAUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Why plastic end tanks for TMIC?

6. Why no STi Turbo?

7. Why so much body roll?

But for real, this is the best car I've ever owned. I still love it!

dude, as much as I love my car, there is a list a mile long of dumb choices Subie made even in 2007 that drive me nuts!!!!!

1. Why 2 discs for Nav?

2. Why no HDD Nav?

4. Why no less than 5 ways to view fuel economy and NO FREAKING BOOST GAUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Why no STi Turbo?

That is something I have noticed and it bugs me more than it should :lol:

still love the car though.

1. Why 2 discs for Nav?

2. Why no HDD Nav?

6. Why no STi Turbo?

trust me you're better off with dvd based, otherwise upgrades would be dealer only and cost $300. My parents bought an Infiniti M35S with navigation and they wanted to update the maps. After a little research the car they have has HDD navigation and while you can purchase the maps on your own the only way to install them requires Nissan Consult diagnostic to be plugged in which means a trip to the dealership for them to charge you $100 an hour to download and install the maps to the hard drive....

I will say the fuel economy thing always kinda drove me nuts lol.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I can switch from 24 hour to 12 hour clock using the navigation . I have the 07 specBb. I just click menu, user settings and clock.

The body roll is too much but still the best Damn car I've ever had and I love it!

1. Why 2 discs for Nav?

2. Why no HDD Nav?

6. Why no STi Turbo?

I can switch from 24 hour to 12 hour clock using the navigation . I have the 07 specBb. I just click menu, user settings and clock.

The body roll is too much but still the best Damn car I've ever had and I love it!

Yeah, that switches it on the Nav screen,but not on the display between the speedo and tach :spin:

1. Why 2 discs for Nav? Lots of data; if it were Blu Ray based, maybe it could be 1 disk.

2. Why no HDD Nav? In 2007, HDD tech was still really expensive.

3. Why only 24hr clock on dash display? You can change this, I believe. Look in your service manual to be sure. In my 2010 outback, had to do it through the nav system settings.

4. Why no less than 5 ways to view fuel economy and NO FREAKING BOOST GAUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my STI didn't come with a boost gauge; I ended up having the SPT one installed. It's how they can make extra money off you! :)

5. Why plastic end tanks for TMIC? I didn't realize the 07 LGT's have plastic endtanks. Look into doing a TMIC swap from a WRX or STI; you can find used ones for really cheap!

6. Why no STi Turbo? Because you don't have an STI! :cool:

7. Why so much body roll? Because Legacy. ;) But, easily remedied with sway bars, which are probably the best bang for buck suspension mods.

You think there is any way to possibly burn both maps onto one disc so then you can have the entire US on the same disc? There's quite a bit of overlap between the two maps.

no, too much data - all disc versions are 2 disc...

ordered a 5-pack of DVD+R DL from Amazon. I'll probably do this over the weekend. so everyone is running v9?

4. Why no less than 5 ways to view fuel economy and NO FREAKING BOOST GAUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my STI didn't come with a boost gauge; I ended up having the SPT one installed. It's how they can make extra money off you!

5. Why plastic end tanks for TMIC? I didn't realize the 07 LGT's have plastic endtanks. Look into doing a TMIC swap from a WRX or STI; you can find used ones for really cheap!

4. Unfortunately this is probably true. I wish they could have at least incorporated oil / coolant temps and TPMS pressures for individual tires into the trip computer, or for those that have it, nav. There are much cheaper cars that have this feature.

5. 05-09 LGT and 08+ WRX have the same TMIC with plastic end tanks. Also, STI intercooler cannot be used without a manifold and turbo swap.

erickrocks1126:

1. I'd be interesting in seeing if cars that competed with the LegacyGT in 2007 and onward had disc or HDD based systems, and if so, did they all use multiple discs or just one

2. See above

3. No you can't change it for the display between the speedo and the tach. No matter what, that stays in 24 hour time. You can change it for the NAV screen but no matter what, the multi-function display always shows 24 hr time....and it's dumb.

4. Okay fine, no boost qauge. But why do I need no less than 5 ways to monitor fuel economy. Between the useness fuel economy needle, the muiltfunction gauge, and the nav screen, I can be looking at 3 meters telling me info that is mostly useless. Redundant guages are redundant.

5. Already did the BP mod on my TMIC so no worries there. At the power levels I'm looking to make, an aftermarket TMIC would be a waste. The WRX from 2007 also has plastic end tanks so it would not be an upgrade.

6. True. But being a heavier car, it would have been nice/made sense for Subaru to give the LGT the bigger turbo as well. The STI could still have all the nice suspension bits and yaw control and trick diff. Plus, as much as I love the STi, my boy racer days are over for now. What I wanted was STi quickness and power (obviously not handling) in a more refined and adult package. But I'm about to get there thanks to mods and tuning.

7. Agreed. Sway bars are needed.

But as I said, I do love the car. I also love the STi....and the WRX :lol:

ordered a 5-pack of DVD+R DL from Amazon. I'll probably do this over the weekend. so everyone is running v9?

4. Unfortunately this is probably true. I wish they could have at least incorporated oil / coolant temps and TPMS pressures for individual tires into the trip computer, or for those that have it, nav. There are much cheaper cars that have this feature.

5. 05-09 LGT and 08+ WRX have the same TMIC with plastic end tanks. Also, STI intercooler cannot be used without a manifold and turbo swap.

THIS!!!! My wifes 2007 Santa FE limited has individual TPMS display. Also, her climate control changes both driver AND passenger side temps automatically unless the passenger chooses a different temp then it does into "dual zone mode". But I guess the Subaru engineers were too busy incorporating yet another fuel economy gauge to have time to figure that one out. :spin: It's just little things like that which bug me.

erickrocks1126:

1. I'd be interesting in seeing if cars that competed with the LegacyGT in 2007 and onward had disc or HDD based systems, and if so, did they all use multiple discs or just one

2. See above

3. No you can't change it for the display between the speedo and the tach. No matter what, that stays in 24 hour time. You can change it for the NAV screen but no matter what, the multi-function display always shows 24 hr time....and it's dumb.

4. Okay fine, no boost qauge. But why do I need no less than 5 ways to monitor fuel economy. Between the useness fuel economy needle, the muiltfunction gauge, and the nav screen, I can be looking at 3 meters telling me info that is mostly useless. Redundant guages are redundant.

5. Already did the BP mod on my TMIC so no worries there. At the power levels I'm looking to make, an aftermarket TMIC would be a waste. The WRX from 2007 also has plastic end tanks so it would not be an upgrade.

6. True. But being a heavier car, it would have been nice/made sense for Subaru to give the LGT the bigger turbo as well. The STI could still have all the nice suspension bits and yaw control and trick diff. Plus, as much as I love the STi, my boy racer days are over for now. What I wanted was STi quickness and power (obviously not handling) in a more refined and adult package. But I'm about to get there thanks to mods and tuning.

7. Agreed. Sway bars are needed.

But as I said, I do love the car. I also love the STi....and the WRX :lol:

THIS!!!! My wifes 2007 Santa FE limited has individual TPMS display. Also, her climate control changes both driver AND passenger side temps automatically unless the passenger chooses a different temp then it does into "dual zone mode". But I guess the Subaru engineers were too busy incorporating yet another fuel economy gauge to have time to figure that one out. :spin: It's just little things like that which bug me.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how data storage for things like GPS go. I wouldn't be surprised if things start going cloud based with the way things are going. That sucks you can't change between 24hr - 12hr displays; that's pretty dumb they don't give you the option for that. I'm with you on the whole fuel economy needle thing; my 10 Outback has it and it's useless. I think that it may be a reflection of the time period where gas was going up in price and manufacturers were selling the "fuel economy" aspect of a car. Also in my 2010 OB, it has two different displays for "doors open"; really? I only want the one, and the one that tells me which door specifically. For the TMIC, good info. I didn't know that plastic end tanks were used--on the Leggy TMIC or WRX; that, to me, doesn't really make sense. I hear you on adding quickness without improving handling; as I get older, I still love driving my STI but driving the OB or my Leggy is so much more comfortable! But I also wish they were faster :lol: But, you said you got mods coming already, so I think you're about to remedy that "problem" :cool:

Archived