LegacyGT.com

Version 6 of navigation dvd is coming soon!

mariojas

so I need to unpack each one? From what I remember (i'm not at home right now) there are like 30 something folders.

So I need to unpack each one of them and consolidate them all in one folder and then burn? Sorry if the question sounds stupid but I just want to be clear about it. Thanks

Select all in winrar then right click and choose extract when its done you'll get a .ISO then you have to use a burning program and write the image to a DL DVD. If you just burn it as a data DVD it WILL NOT work.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Select all in winrar then right click and choose extract when its done you'll get a .ISO then you have to use a burning program and write the image to a DL DVD. If you just burn it as a data DVD it WILL NOT work.

^ this on PC - I used a RAR tool on my Mac and only had to select the first compressed file and it had the intelligence to continue unpacking all the files in the directory to complete the ISO image. If you need a tool for burning the ISO there's a good free one - google search "burnatonce".

^ this on PC - I used a RAR tool on my Mac and only had to select the first compressed file and it had the intelligence to continue unpacking all the files in the directory to complete the ISO image. If you need a tool for burning the ISO there's a good free one - google search "burnatonce".

Also if you have windows 7 you can actually write the image using the stock utility.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

For Mac you don't need anything extra. Just switch the file extension from .iso to .dmg, mount and burn it with Disk Utility. That's all you need to do, have done it with a number of images and works perfectly.

For Mac you don't need anything extra. Just switch the file extension from .iso to .dmg, mount and burn it with Disk Utility. That's all you need to do, have done it with a number of images and works perfectly.

^What robertsm99 said.

Looks like it's gonna take 3 days to download.

Agreed Disk Utility is all you need for OSX, and perhaps my post wasn't clear - that was for PC users (pre Win7) that might need ability to write from ISO to optical disks. I also have never needed to rename an ISO as it handles that file format natively.

That is one of many files/folders you should have with the complete download. You should have Folders for EAST and WEST that have several .rar files in them that need to be extracted to create the appropriate ISO file for that region's disk.

Thanks for all the clarification thus far. However, the one problem I have is that when i extract the file, the image file comes out as .MDS instead of .ISO as others has stated.

Can someone please clarify on this?

Something I posted a while back that may help you...I guess you could skip to step 5 after you download since you already have the .MDS file

For anyone who's having trouble making a backup copy of their discs, I thought I'd share what I did to get the vacation DVD's working :)

1: Download DVD Decrypter

2: Once DVD Decrypter is installed, open it and go to Tools > Create DVD MDS File

3: Click Add and locate the ISO file you have and click open.

4: Hit OK :lol:

5: Now click Mode > ISO > Write

6: New looking window pops up, next to source there's a browse folder with a magnifying glass over it, click it.

7: Select the MDS file you just made and click open.

8: Pop in your DL disc (I used Memorex DVD+R DL(dual layer) discs), change the write speed to 2.4x so it gets a good quality burn. Once it's done your golden! Don't worry about clicking test mode or verify, just leave them unchecked.

My comp took about 30 minutes to burn it, it's pretty old though so some may be faster. Make sure you change the write speed to 2.4x though, you don't wanna rush the burner on a file this big and it'll make it so you don't go through multiple discs and end up with a few dual layer coasters. IIRC the first time I popped it in my nav did a lil update screen and load bar, and once that was done I was good to go. Hope this helps!

Also...seeding both!

when you say change the rar files to dmg do i just go to "get info" and change it myself? I am using a mac!

Thank you

No, you don't change the .rar files. you first need to use winrar or another program from the interweb to compile the files into an .ISO image.

When you have the .ISO image, open up finder and go to the file. Click on it as you're going to rename the file like you normally would to rename it and then just change the extension from *.iso to *.dmg

A window will pop up and ask do you want to use *.dmg or keep *.iso. Click use .DMG and it's changed.

No, you don't change the .rar files. you first need to use winrar or another program from the interweb to compile the files into an .ISO image.

When you have the .ISO image, open up finder and go to the file. Click on it as you're going to rename the file like you normally would to rename it and then just change the extension from *.iso to *.dmg

A window will pop up and ask do you want to use *.dmg or keep *.iso. Click use .DMG and it's changed.

If you're using a Mac, the freeware Unrar works great for decompressing the ISO (dmg).

Hello all,

I manged to upload the West-coast version to FileSonic 3.88gigs. I will also have the East coast version 3.84gig ready by 1700 central. Are we allow to post links. I did this so that it will be easier for everyone to get it.

Again thanking everyone for the infor especially member omnicron :spin:

Archived