LegacyGT.com

TRS - The Retrofit Source Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) Walkthrough...

Drew888

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're call on wanting or needing bi-xenon but the rx330 is the superior low beam. If you have it, I'd go for the install unless you REALLY want HID highs, in which case I'd go for the FX-R.
"This is an adventure."

:whore::whore:

I really wanted the crazy high beams but I use them very rarely. In day to day I'd keep the RX fo sho.

Personally, I'm not familiar with the RX330 retro but... the lights while actually "in" the RX330 kind of suck. The cut off is almost non existant. Every oncoming RX330 blinds the crap out of you and I'm finding it difficult to believe that they are all malaligned. If this is fixed in the retro then AMEN!!!!

Now if only I could blend the two together???

You're call on wanting or needing bi-xenon but the rx330 is the superior low beam. If you have it, I'd go for the install unless you REALLY want HID highs, in which case I'd go for the FX-R.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Nice...good to know.

I have wanted to run soooooo many RX's off the road it isn't funny (along with all other with HID's in non projector housings). I know... I have to work on that :)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

How does this setup compare to the oem legacy? Does it have a good cutoff? Better output? Can it be modded?

The reason I'm asking is that the rx projectors I got are damaged and looking for abother set... But not getting lucky!

JP

• 3 weeks later...
so how did these compare to the oem projectors in your opinion? my buddy has it installed on his car and it just doesn't seem (to me) to spread the light evenly and as wide as my oem projectors (glare shields filled) with HID. high beam is very bright though!

There is no way the OEM projectors (made for halogen) spread wider than the Mini's. Might have just been the road, difference in bulbs/color temps, etc. The design of the bowls themselves make this so.
"This is an adventure."

• 1 month later...
Will be ordering this kit soon, had been wanting to go HID and said I would next time I had to replace the bulbs. Well not even 6 months and ones dead.

I too have considered the TRS HID at some point and still am. I don't like the thought of me baking my headlight to separate it. First I do not have a spare oven, secondly I don't want it screwed up. IDRVSLO is member and vendor here that offers several headlight services, including a TRS Mirimoto Retrofit kit installed. I have not used him (yet) but from what I see and hear, it's pretty good.

Here is his thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idrvslo-headlight-modification-and-clearing-service-160048.html

Yea all the bugs seem to have been corrected to what we found when a couple sets were floating around when and during this thread...

Make sure they open up the holes in the mounting plate and include the correct length screws (M4x16mm).
Mr.350

Archived