LegacyGT.com

TRS - The Retrofit Source Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) Walkthrough...

Drew888

You wired them in backwards. Just switch power and ground on the lead coming off the projectors.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you use the Y-splitter? Shouldn't the high beam wires for your flap and halogen high beams be energized by your stock wiring? That's how mine are.

I did not use the Y-splitter. Are they absolutely required? If so how do i go about wiring them in?

You wired them in backwards. Just switch power and ground on the lead coming off the projectors.

Are you referring to the two wires coming off the flapper things?

Yes, talking about the two wires coming off the solenoid on the projector.

You have to use the splitter, otherwise how did you wire them up? The splitter allows you to feed your high beam signal to both high beams and the bi-zenon projector. That's how it is disposed to receive the signal to lower the shield for high beam operation.

If you are getting your power from somewhere other than the y splitter off your high beams your bi-zenon function will not work properly and it could cause the issue you are having of high beams on all the time.

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Ok so right now this is how i have it wired up.

Passenger Side:

The main harness plug going to the "in" connector of the ballast. (connector was labeled ballast)

The out connector on the ballast is hooked up to the amp ignitor, and out of that are the two wires going to the HID bulb.

I'm pretty sure i have up there wired in correctly

Inside the headlight housing, there was an oem connector. I hooked this connector to the secondary set of wires that came with the (the ones that are intended to through the plastic cap). After it leaves the plastic cap it is plugged into the the wires for the projector flapper solenoid. So obviously something is wrong here. When these connectors are plugged in, the highs stay on. I've tried switching them around by simply rotating the connector, but it still powers the hid highs. so right now the two are disconnected. I hope this make sense!

There is two male ends and one female end on the splitter.

Does one male end go into the solenoid wiring?

Does the female end plug into the connector off the oem connector (the one that goes through the plastic cap thing?

If so, where does the other male end of the splitter go?

soloz2, thanks again for your help i really appreciate it

It sounds like you wired the projector flapper to your low beams instead of your high beams.

Watch this video. Wiring should be basically the same.

TRS Tips: Morimoto RetroQuik System For 06-13 Sub…:

Mini, here's what I was referring to in my PM to you a few weeks back.

1498049_10152828875685862_737493683169976182_o.jpg

I figure now the gaps are so the projector can be adjusted for alignment? When I adjusted it to fit center, the beam was way too high, so I got them aligned and this is how it sits. I guess I just have to deal with it until I properly mount my headlights (they're not properly mounted, waiting for hardware to arrive).

But all in all, here's the finished product and I'm quite happy, though I think in the future I'm going to redo the DRL insert and get brighter/more LED's. They're pretty dim during the day time. They're also DRL-interrupts when the turn signal is on, via a module I got from zleds.com (I think)..

10873520_10152828875655862_1521124255780157547_o.jpg

Archived