LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Are you implying I'm old, you old fart? :lol:;) Just you wait, I know which room you've reserved at the old-folks' home. I'm in the next room, and I like my music loud (since I hate wearing my hearing aids). :p

Quite the contrary, since I'm posting this from the geriatric ward where I've been since I was mustered out of Noah's Navy way back when. And go ahead and play your music as loud as you want. I probably won't hear it anyway, given that I've spent the last 35+ years listening to the sweetness and light of the Subaru "boxer burble" played dynamically all the way from pianissimo to fortissimo, and tonally from the deepest, lowest basso profundo to the highest soprano... Consequently, I don't hear so good anymore and can't remember where I "put" my hearing aids. :lol:

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

....given that I've spent the last 35+ years listening to the sweetness and light of the Subaru "boxer burble" played dynamically all the way from pianissimo to fortissimo, and tonally from the deepest, lowest basso profundo to the highest soprano... Consequently, I don't hear so good anymore and can't remember where I "put" my hearing aids. :lol:

^ :lol: You know, that's what I thought, too, until I dropped my windows on the way to work today, and realized why most of the European tire testing authorities cited the Pirelli Winter Carvings as one of the loudest studded tires available.....

What did you say, sonny? :p

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

HAhaha... Priceless...

OK, so Mike, Make an MP3 (wait he may need an 8track) of the Stromung...

And his eyes are probably going to so I'll mock up the pipes in cardboard and paint them silver.

;)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

^ROFL! The trick here is to have someone else install it and the same person ride with you to convince you those flames aren't yours.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

^ROFL! The trick here is to have someone else install it and the same person ride with you to convince you those flames aren't yours.

During the post-install drive

Owner - "So how much did all of this exhaust and install cost me?"

Installer - "Oh, I don't know, probably a grand or so when it's all said and done."

Owner -Car starts up "Why does it sound like someone blowing through a cardboard tube?"

Installer - "It hasn't gotten warmed up yet... the tone'll change in a bit."

Owner - "Wow - what's all that smoke?"

Installer - "I dunno - must be the slip-joint grease burning off."

Owner - "It sure got loud (yelling over the exhaust noise)"

Installer - "That's typcial on new installs"

Owner - "Ah (alarmed), what's going on - there's flames coming up the side of my car?"

Installer - "Manufacturer said that might happen - nothing to be worried about, they say i't normal and will pass in a minute or two..."

:lol:

Next response:

"What did you do?"

Like in Tommy Boy when the door falls off at the gas station.

At least this thread finally got entertaining.

Love that movie. True classic

NEWS

I am scheduling to bring in the fit car to mock up the pre-production unit now. We will build a "rough" unit. Make sure it fits proper, then make a true CBE. Re-fit, then go forward with production.

Stromung estimates that we can start production just before Christmas.

Quad tips will be double wall. 3" od and approx 2 5/8" id. Stromung brand tips, no Chinese imports. This is my call. I like the double wall. Unless someone convinces me otherwise, this is how I plan to produce.

Wagon and Sedan specific fitment will be offered.

3" flat flange with flex section OR 2.5" OEM style flange stepping up to 3".

Yes, I paid for both to be made. I am paying for a new fixture arm so that both can be made rather than modifying the original fixture.

Ask and ye shall receive. I am busting my butt to bring you the most ludicrous deal ever on the SEXIEST CBE this side of Italy.

Available in an incredible 4 different ways. 2 options in sedan, 2 options in wagon.

Who loves you baby?

Archived