LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

I'm very curious to know how well these tuck up. ??

I'll hack my bumper all to hell if it tucks up nice. All those pics, the exhaust still looks like an after thought because they don't fit the opening.

It would look great if they were up higher. Any user experiences getting them tucked in there? Will it be easy enough to do?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been studying the vids plus others that I came across and overall fit finish from DP back, and a cool look of quad pipes, has captured my attention but I'm struggling with dumping my Prodrives. So so hard.... the Prodrives just sound that good.

I can't wait to give it a try and play a bit. Either way, when I get it sorted out I'll have either a discounted Stromung or Prodrive for sale.

Thanks Mike!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Will was interested in used Prodrives too, LOL.

The mock up before making a full unit is to see about things like tucking the tips. We will be using cans that Stromug makes just for the mock up and the piping will be "dirty".

Once happy with that we will make a true CBE. Then replace the mock up with it. If it all looks like we (I) want (it should) then we proceed.

Stromung will want a down payment before beginning production. I am talking with them again tomorrow. To save cost, I am trying to have them direct ship the CBE's as they are finished. Of course, final payment will also have to be made.

gaahh I want one of these so bad but can't afford it. Guess I will wait for some used ones to hit the market ;)

Stromung's quality and sound on a subie is excellent. Had all the Stromung components I could (HFC pipe and catback) on my last subie:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS_K2qHl6lU]YouTube - 99 Forester exhaust clip[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfibIenOu5g]YouTube - 99 forester exhaust clip 2[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhAGsCKV1u4

I have been studying the vids plus others that I came across and overall fit finish from DP back, and a cool look of quad pipes, has captured my attention but I'm struggling with dumping my Prodrives. So so hard.... the Prodrives just sound that good.

I can't wait to give it a try and play a bit. Either way, when I get it sorted out I'll have either a discounted Stromung or Prodrive for sale.

Thanks Mike!

I'm in the same boat (with your other set of Prodrives) :spin:

I haven't heard another exhaust that sounds just as good as the Prodrives. Still want a quad tip though!

I am impatient. I pulled the trigger.

I placed the order for 50 units with Stromung today. We are still doing the mock up, then going production. First run will be 20 units. Second run will be 30 units. First run expected to ship mid January. Second run expected to ship early/mid February.

Anyone who wants 1 of the first 20 needs to pay deposit now. I mailed my check to Stromung today.

Deposits of $400 with the remaining balance being due prior to shipping.

I need to know style choice = 3" flange or 2.5" flange.

Also need to know sedan or wagon fit.

Deposits sent to sales@infamousperformance.net

Invoices will be sent via email.

If anyone needs a PayPal request/invoice, just send me a PM. I have no problem sending the request. I will also forward a invoice to the PayPal email address.

No one is getting knocked off any list. I will simply take payments in the order received. The first 20 are in for the first run. If more than 20 pay, you are in for the second run. If you need a little time to figure things out, you have until the second run. But I would hope that with 47 interested parties at least 20 are ready to go.

Heck, mine can be in the first 20, LOL.

Damn Chad, your fast.

Got it.

Keeping the list in the GB forum. The list shows who paid, how much and what order payment was received.

I did it this way for the DAMD wheel GB and it worked out well.

Remember when sending payment to give me your user name, LOL. Sometimes its hard to guess.

I REALLY REALLY HATE to do this, but im gonna have to pull out of this as much as i don't want too. I thought i would have the extra cash, but with Xmas and a 2 1/2 yr old to make happy and a few unexpected bills i don't wanna hang in there and then do nothing. SO Mike hand my spot over to somebody that can get this for sure. Here's to hoping some are left or i can fina a used one someday!

If something changes, let me know. I expect life to take turns. Thats why I tried to break into two deliveries. Trying to make it easier on everyone.

I'm a sap sometimes. But I have done this with other GB's so...

If you are on the list now (as in right this moment) and you have to bail out for some unexpected reason. Let me know. You can send a PM, it does not have to be plastered here. If I can carry the cost of inventory, I will buy as many as is on the list. So, when you do have the money (within a reasonable amount of time, a couple months maybe) I will sell you the CBE at the GB cost. I can't afford to buy 50 for inventory and hold them for everyone. But if its two or three, I will see what I can do.

Heya Mike,

I'm definitely still interested, but I'm going to have to wait 'till the prototype's finalized and can see the expected final result. :redface: I hope you can understand: as I said prior, aesthetics are basically the top thing that I'm looking for. :redface:

Given the time constraints, I think I'll likely be positioned in "Group 2," but I just wanted you to know that I'm still here. :)

Again, thank you for running a GB for something which so many of us really have only dreamed of, for so long.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived