LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a search of this thread, could not find any mention.

What about aftermarket Head Gaskets?

Is there a better quality head gasket available for the EJ25 engines?

I have used OEM and felpro. Had no problems with either. A lot of people use cosmetic headgaskets, but if you car is stock there is no need to spend the money

has anyone seen a complete stock spec rebuild kit for ej257? with the crank and all??? i'm thinking if i can get it for the right price and stock wrx turbo stuff i'm gonna rebuild my 25d into a 257. :D cause after some research the block is pretty much the same. If i can find the heads from one It will be a 257. and that. i can make 350whp. :D with that I think i can cut my build cost from like 10 or 15k to like 6k. and that is a good price for trans rear diff suspension engine wheels and otherthings. :D

You will need to have the thrust bearing moved from 3 to 5 to make any phase two crank work. I was quoted $250 to have the work done on my ej22t block. The ej25d crank will take more hp then an ej25d block can take lol

He had a stock internal motor with a larger turbo. Built wrx's blow up every hour at 350whp lol. There is a lot more than just throwing pistons, cams and a big turbo into a motor to making power. One of them that get most is a lack of TUNING!

and i'm going sti...

Mmmmm forged internals... nom nom nom!! :lol:

Thats what Im gonna do as well. Im going EJ257 and my goal is at LEAST 300BHP. Enough to be reliable yet surprise the dumbass wanting to race me in his stock Civic Si :lol:

I didn't want to make a post totally unrelated to any car parts, but goddamit people why are we even talking about racing in a straight line?? As if that takes a lot of skill?? It shouldn't even be mentioned. I mean...you guys are really gonna put that much more power into your cars just so you can DRAG RACE A SUBARU?! Think about that for a second.

On a second note, I got smoked through the mountains by an old man driving a Honda CRX the other day haha. Not sure what he had but all I could tell were racing seats, a rollcage and exhaust.

im hoping to be able to rallyx and snow race my car. and probably autox, and definitely run it on larger tourng car tracks if the opportunity arises. we have none in iowa though. oh, and blow the doors off ricers.

• I Donated
goddamit people why are we even talking about racing in a straight line?? As if that takes a lot of skill?? It shouldn't even be mentioned. I mean...you guys are really gonna put that much more power into your cars just so you can DRAG RACE A SUBARU?! Think about that for a second.

People talk about horsepower numbers and you assume that they are wanting to drag?

I build my Subarus to be fast as hell. Yeah sometimes I take them to the drag strip just for shits and giggles, but thats not my primary focus. I enjoy mountain runs, and I build my cars accordingly.

Yeah, low power cars can do good in the mountains. However, a high powered car with the proper suspension setup and the right driver will kill any other car out there.

Even if someone wants to drag race their Subaru, whats it matter to you? I've seen some pretty mean Subarus on the strip before (10 seconds or better). Just because its not what you think the car should be used for doesn't make it wrong.

The AWD makes for a brilliant launch if done right

And broken axles too! Don't forget that! lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

And broken axles too! Don't forget that! lol

I drove my lifted Jeep with high torque on and offroad for 8 years... trust me, I know about the fear of snapping an axle.

So I just adopted the same attitudewith my suby as I had with mah Heep...

Broken Parts = Unplanned Upgrade ! :lol:

Edited by JAC Wagon

I'm turning my 25d into a 257 :D with forged internals and gonna try for 350whp. so i can whoop almost anyone who pulls up next to me. lol

Why would you do this with an open deck 2.5D or are you saying you're replacing your 2.5D with an entire 257? Hope I misread that.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -