LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbokit - the Install

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I appear to be one of said F'd guys

Yeah 2005 PZEV's have that massive exhaust manifold that resembles a orb weaving spider :lol: Not to mention you will need custom up and down pipes :eek: Yes! bc this kit is made for 06 locations (and 05's use 98-04 Impreza locations) With that said here is how i see it:

1. You get your hands on a stock 06 manifold rewire your O2 sensors to route up front where the cat is, then fab a DP or and adpater to the stock CBE

2. You fab an UP to work with your 05 manifold, then you modify or fab a DP to include a cat which replaces your Impzea style cat-pipe and connects to the CBE

3. You get yourself a complete exhaust (manifold to muffler) from a 06+ 2.5i Legacy then bolt the kit up and rewire/route your o2 sensors.

So that is something to think about however don't expect AVO to support anything other than what they recommend and/or have tested (standard procedure).

I hate to say this but you 2005 guys would be better off buying the Impreza kit (2000-2004) at least you wouldnt need any major hardware changes. But they are like Ghosts wraiths if you will :(

Minor hijack. Can I ask how much you paid for the 07 Outback? I have the exact same car, but with 110,000 miles instead of 180,000 and would like to price it for sale accordingly.

Uh, well, I bought it from a crazy russian car dealer that was probably convinced the car was about to die, so only paid $7000 for it. Comparable models at dealers here ranged from $14,000-22,000.

Private sale would have been a bit cheaper, but it's actually quite hard to find anybody willing to sell their Outback 2.5i's, at least up here!

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

WA, NY, CO are all tough places to find a decent subaru without paying top dollar and that is why finding an XT or GT for that matter is almost impossible without paying full price. Trust me I looked for a long time to try and find a limited 5spd gt xt or 2.5i that wasn't $$. Needless to say I was forced to get an auto inorder to find a limited with lower miles. This kit is going to be perfect for most of our situations as apposed to "Just buy a GT" since the reality is that there are VERY few of these available in these areas. And the ones that are available go very quickly and at full price.

This kit is going to be perfect for most of our situations as apposed to "Just by a GT" since the reality is that there are VERY few of these available in these areas. And the ones that are available go very quickly and at full price.

Plus, the cheap insurance as opposed to the GT/XT.

So I'm assuming if people were to buy this kit, an LGT catback system would actually be beneficial because of increased flow? But here in lies the question, getting 250whp with this kit is a relatively easy task, that's probably ~300chp, any more bolt on improvements will pretty much put us in the danger zone for our internals eh?

How'd you come to that conclusion? Were you comparing cars of same model year?

I will just post what I've heard, and the reasoning behind it. I guess because LGT buyers are somewhat more responsible(~) then the "masses" of people who buy 2.5is. So less accidents because they are a bit more careful.

Heard from another member that it was cheaper for him to get a LGT then 2.5i, because of the above reason. If he's lying, then thats all I have to base it on.

Archived