LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbokit - the Install

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will have to trim the bumper beam to keep it. It's roughly the same shape as the Legacy bumper beams, but it seems to have a little "addition" at the bottom, probably because the Outback sits a lot higher than the Legacy.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

Just want to add that we had to do this on my 2.5xt last night when installing the AVO FMIC on the Outback. I guess other than paul no one has done this as I didn't see anything in the instructions about it.

Paul is correct though the way the Outback bumper beam sits on the car the bottom 1/3 of the beam hits the core.

We just marked with a sharpie where it hits on the back side up against the intercooler core and trimmed that third tear of the beam on the back side.

I think in the near future I may take the beam back off and just remove the bottom third tier of the beam.

I think this will allow more air flow to hit the core.

The fog lamps with the larger FMIC core did not have to be trimmed at all on the outback (unlike the legacy gt) We just had to trim the air duct opening and the under tray a bit. It was a bit easier with the skin than the legacy GT but more trimming to the aluminum beam

Now to get the AVO380 tuned with the FMIC :)

Archived