LegacyGT.com

Spark Plug Install Instructions

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure I really care, but I have one step colder plugs and I get exactly the same mileage and driveability as OEM plugs even though I get -30 degree temps at times. And yes I have been driving like a granny lately cause it is too slippery.

What plugs did you have when you blew up you motor?

Stock plugs, I guess that is the reason, stupid me!

Oh , did I mention recently that you are an idiot?

"While you are at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?"

Yes.... regular heat range plugs for Stg 2 power is fine.

That's what I thought because in my research for needed parts spark plugs never directly came up. They seem to be more of a "bonus" thing and/or necessity for Stage 2.5+. I do live in Nebraska and we get sub-20 sometimes, I'd be worried running 1 step colder plugs as it stands.

Don't worry about it. 1 step colder won't hurt anything. Ambient temperature really doesn't have any effect on fouling. If all you do is sit in traffic with the engine idling then running 1 step colder plugs might increase the possibility of fouling, but even then you likely still be fine. Once you get up to speed and even just cruising for any length of time, the EGT's are plenty hot enough to get even colder plugs up to their self cleaning temp.

I've heard a lot of talk about ECU, REFLASH, and UNMARRY, and putting maps back on, while doing spark plugs.

I don't think spark plugs have anything to do with your AP or anything.

Am I wrong? I guess everyone was just talking about something else...

please clarify...

I like spark plug.com but I put in my car and the part numbers they showed weren't even close.....

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_app.asp?productTypeID=1&AAIA=1433177

According to sparkplugs.com the Spec B doesn't even use NGK...

what do you think?

ILFR7H

I searched their site and these were available for 11 and change.

This was the part number I found on that link that talked about how this was the NEW part number and LONGER LASTING and that the other part is obsolete now.

Comments?

• 5 weeks later...
ILFR7H is an NGK part number. I believe the ILFR7H is the replacement for the LFR7AIX and is supposed to be longer lasting.

Are you sure on that plug? Everything I found from a quick search idicates the ILFR7H plug being a Evo VIII/IX application.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the noob question guys.

Looked up the plug info in the vaca pix. It lists as NGK-ILFR6B with a 0.7-0.8mm gap. When I looked up this number on Amazon (I have a gift card) they said it's not compatible with the '06 LGT. I'm sure its a mistake on their part, but I just wanted to verify that people who want OEM plugs should use this part number.

I have no need to go a step colder as I will be stock power until 60k.

• 2 weeks later...

I got owned by replacing my spark plugs last night...

Took me three hours, a lot of aggravation, and I now have a misfire on cylinder 3 :( I drove home from work last night with my car missing like crazy. :spin: I don't have time to fix it until at least Sunday.

I got owned by replacing my spark plugs last night...

Took me three hours, a lot of aggravation, and I now have a misfire on cylinder 3 :( I drove home from work last night with my car missing like crazy. :spin: I don't have time to fix it until at least Sunday.

Okay, today after work, I immediately started working on my car, removed the cylinder 3 (passenger rear cylinder) coil, suppressor, and spark plug, inspected it all and confirmed everything was okay.

But, the problem with the installation was, the suppressor (rubber boot from coil to spark plug) wasn't on the spark plug, it was sitting underneath it.

So, a word of advice for anyone who's going to do this is, look into the spark plug hole with a mirror to make sure it's lined up with the spark plug nice.

Is #3 the back plug, driver's side? I'll agree. I found I could just barely squeeze a finger in there to check that it was on. Also, when it's on right, you'll hear a "plop" if you pull it out an inch or two. If it's NOT on, it won't plop.