LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks gentleman. I assumed that was the case but didn't see anything explicitly stated in any of my searching here/NASIOC.

You may be interested in participating in a group buy here. Check out the thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tuner-review-nameless-tbe-236586p7.html?highlight=nameless+tuner

I've seen the thread, just more than I can probably swing right now. Car is currently at Infamous getting the motor rebuilt which is setting me back 6k, so my curiosity is more aimed at opening up my options for used parts.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of 2012 WRX struts to upgrade my saggy, floppy 120k mile struts on my 2011 Legacy. It appears that I can use 2008 on up struts but I want confirmation before buying a set of struts that I will have to resell. Thanks!!!

Rears are directly swappable.

Fronts are NOT a direct fit. The spring perch on the 2008+ WRX front struts is welded onto the front strut tube 1/2" lower than the Legacy struts. You will have tire clearance issues between the tire and perch (WRX uses smaller diameter tire) and your car will be dropped 1/2" in the front.

Ok, so the rears will go right in. Perfect, most of the sloppiness is in the rear.

As far as the fronts, can I relocate the mounts or will the heat generated from welding toast the seals inside?

If I go with the WRX rears, what would be the best struts for the front to match?

There is also a ton of roll in the corners. I understand that an STi rear sway bar will fit but will that tighten up the rear too much? Would a regular WRX sway bar be better? I have to do something because the rear is almost out if control on some bouncy corners.

Ok, so the rears will go right in. Perfect, most of the sloppiness is in the rear.

As far as the fronts, can I relocate the mounts or will the heat generated from welding toast the seals inside?

If I go with the WRX rears, what would be the best struts for the front to match?

There is also a ton of roll in the corners. I understand that an STi rear sway bar will fit but will that tighten up the rear too much? Would a regular WRX sway bar be better? I have to do something because the rear is almost out if control on some bouncy corners.

Don't relocate the spring perches!! Just get 2013+ Legacy OEM replacements all around, they are a little stiffer than your originals. And skip the WRX shock thoughts. You can go with a 22mm Whiteline RSB and it will improve things greatly and not be too "tight". It you want a real improvement in shocks, go with Koni's.

Please do some research by using the search function. All of this has been covered on this forum. Also, this thread is meant for info, not discussion.

Try this thread for a start, and read. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-legacy-suspension-mods-203293.html

I've done a ton of reasearch (including that link) and I was just looking for clarification and direction. I am not trying to spend a fortune on a DD. I am very pleased with the STI setup that I installed on my 91 turbo legacy, and I was hoping for a similar option for my 2011- Great and cheap solution.

Thanks for advice on the Konis. I'll now research which Konis, inserts or complete package, spring options, etc.

Perfect! Thanks! I'll order those.

Yes, I have a 91 SS running vf39, equal length stainless header, 3" stainless turbo back. Custom wta intercooler, 100hp nitrous, eim management, sti struts and springs, GT sway bars, gt wheels. This thing is a ton of fun on the dirt roads on the hills where I live.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking to get the "Boxer Rumble" on my 2010 legacy na... I have seen posts mentioning that the 08-10 WRX cat back will bolt right into my car is that true??? I dont wanna go and buy that and come to find out I have to modify a lot....

I recently removed the stock muffler and left the straight pipe, it sounds nice, but I know a dual exhaust set up with muffler would be more efficient and probably sound better...

Any one else on this 5th gen na boat with me? I would love to see what ideas you have to mod these babies!

A stock WRX catback is not gonna give you "boxer rumble". That comes from the unequal length (UEL) headers that most Subaru turbo motors have. Subaru NA cars have equal length (EL) headers. I believe there is one company that makes UEL headers for the 5th Gen. PM reeg420, I think he has them on his car.

A stock WRX catback is not gonna give you "boxer rumble". That comes from the unequal length (UEL) headers that most Subaru turbo motors have.

The sound of inefficiency. Why not unplug one of your injectors if you want to replicate that blub blub noise?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Might be the wrong place to ask, but my searching has got nowhere.

I was told today my LGT has a VF38 turbo. The guys on the 4th Gen forum were very surprised at this. Can anyone clear this up? It's a Auto NZ LGT.

Might be the wrong place to ask, but my searching has got nowhere.

I was told today my LGT has a VF38 turbo. The guys on the 4th Gen forum were very surprised at this. Can anyone clear this up? It's a Auto NZ LGT.

I believe the twin sroll VF38 was used on previous gens of the Liberty/Legacy (non USDM) with a 2.0 liter engine. You've got a 2.5 liter with the single scroll VF54 turbo.

• 3 weeks later...