LegacyGT.com

I'm a Vendor Now! Installs, Repairs, Mods - I make house calls

m sprank

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ All the time. Just let me know. SD is close, lol. I am going to El Monte today.

Downtown SD takes me 45 minutes to an hour. LA takes me 2 hours. Have customers in Chula and Poway currently. So, MB is no big deal.

That is where I went to high school... wierd:icon_neut

Gosh I am going to have to put together the list...

Replace UELH to UP GS12 layer Gasket, loosen UP from Tranny and reset to MSprank perfect (parts & install)

60k service (with S1 and rp, parts & install)

JCS Cubbypod 2 gauge + Boost & Oil Pressure (parts & install)

Reroute Fuel Lines (parts & install)

Cut FMIC for optimal battery removal (install)

steel brake lines (parts & install)

Fuel Pump (parts & install)

Injectors (need to send out or find some witchhunters, parts & install)

DP wrap (parts & install)

Turbo Blanket (parts & install)

F&R Swaybars and mounts (intall)

Steering Wheel (install)

Momo Shift Knob: Shorten Shift rod & rethread/tap (install)

Custom compressor mount & 120-130db horn install (like on truck, not all zip tied like most of us do)

Melissa was trolling my account really likes the LED headlights too...:lol:

and a plan to improve the sound system in the subaru. We are dedicated to keeping it for another 4+ years.

I am still too hurt to apply much force and if anything goes wrong I am way too hurt to contort myself into a position that I can reach or look at something troublesome. With MSprank around I know the car will be in better shape than if I did it myself. What a relief.

EDIT: injectors 800+. I want to run e85 on the vf39 and the option to run hta68. maybe smaller if the price was right. I think I may have added enough that we are beyond 2 days now.

I got you covered Max. With a list like that I might need the car for two days. But I can knock it out all at once.

What size injectors you want to go with. I can at least give you some pricing to help decide which route to go.

We can look at train horns too. I want to come up with a place to "hide" the system so it is not glaring at you under the hood. Like how I "hid" them in the truck so they are not obtrusive.

60k and 90k are the bigger ones. I am very extensive in my services when performing a 30/60/90k. I also use top quality filters (OEM) and fluids (your choice of synthetic or standard). All services include ExtraS gear oil as the standard. Not cheap, but great peace of mind, and cheaper than dealerships.

PM's replied.

Check out my "SCARY LGT Haloween Braking Sale" in the vendor classifieds. There is a shipping charge, but no sales tax!

Wish i saw this thread sooner so I wouldn't have to bust my a$$ installing the damn fmic for my friend's wrx. Could you PM me ur number? I promise I won't spam you with txt msgs like I do to Shamar from time to time. I'm in need of advice/simple fabrication for my friend's wrx in SD. Thx!!

Wish i saw this thread sooner so I wouldn't have to bust my a$$ installing the damn fmic for my friend's wrx. Could you PM me ur number? I promise I won't spam you with txt msgs like I do to Shamar from time to time. I'm in need of advice/simple fabrication for my friend's wrx in SD. Thx!!

LOL :p

Just throwing this out there, how much would it be approximately to install a AVO turbo kit on a 2.5i?

I'm adding this to our online site right now:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/turbokit-preorder-p-111.html

Basically, I'm giving you guys first crack at the pre-order bonuses.

I realize after looking through all the posts I didn't mention fueling. Basically, we don't think it'll work on the stock fuel pump and injectors, at least not on the Legacy/Outback 2.5i's. We moved up to a stock Legacy GT fuel pump, and 430cc injectors from a JDM 2.0-liter WRX. The stock injectors are roughly 265cc. With the larger injectors and fuel pump, we hit 65% duty cycle at max, and that was at roughly 4.5-4.7psi.

So you'll easily be running past 100% on the baseline map, and if you decide to tune the car for running at 6-7 psi (which it can), you'll get into the upper range on the larger injectors. And if you are planning to run e85 for some monster power and transmission munching torque, you'll need even larger injectors and fuel pump.

Both of those items are easy to source, and I'm sure there is tons of used Legacy GT/08 WRX/STI fuel pumps on the market, given how many fuel pumps I sell. But that's about it for the "necessary" upgrades. Other options, like cat-back exhausts, will be by your choice.

The turbocharger is capable of about 300hp, even though it does spool quite quickly. So there is plenty of headroom if you do choose to go for e85, or just want to push the envelope.

Currently, all tuning is via OpenECU - Cobb left us little choice on that matter when they dropped support for NA models. If they ever change their mind on that, we'll provide maps for it as well. So we'll be providing baseline tuned ROM's for your particular model.

As mentioned previously, all pre-orders will get either a free BOV or free MAF adapter/filter assembly. To clarify the reasons for that - the MAF adapter is just the 66mm aluminum MAF piece with 4" AVO air filter element. We are keeping that as an option because many people may already have a air intake upgrade of some sort.

However, the Silicone Inlet Pipe *is* included in all kits! That part is necessary for correct routing of hoses! It's a wire-reinforced silicone inlet pipe (similar to our inlets for the turbo models) designed specifically for the turbo kit. So any MAF adapter should slide right on it.

As for the BOV - well, at 4.5psi, a BOV isn't absolutely necessary. Sounds great, though! If you were running higher than 4.5psi (and I'm sure many people will), it will start becoming necessary.

So price breakdown is like this:

Pre-ordered Kits:

W/ free bov or MAF: $3200

Full kit (free item + optional): $3350

After pre-order:

Base kit: $3200

Base kit + BOV: $3400

Base kit + MAF: $3400

Full kit (both options): $3600

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

BTW, I'm based in Seattle - anybody in this general area can take a test drive of the Outback when time is available. I'll also be driving down to California for the final Redline Time Attack of the season on the 14/15th of November, so can showcase the car for people at that time too!

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Hmmm. Let me look at the kit a little and get a feel for all the parts. It would be a major job considering the uppipe/downpipe/FMIC/inlet/turbo/and fueling required. Would probably need the car for at least two days as well. Then tuning too.

Sounds like a fun project. But not gonna be cheap Michael.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't heard back for a while Mike. The parts are awaiting...

Mike is answering a myriad of phone calls, voicemail, shipping and recieving, order processing, and generally taking the good fight to mfr's and vendors getting us insane group buy pricing. Just the 50-100 pm'd questions that he responds to EVERY DAY take at least 90 seconds each - the delay the forum requires between PM'ing!

I'm sure Mike is knocking out installs and repairs on a first-come, first-served basis to all of his paying customers (as long as they dont ball-bust him for a discount on his already low-low pricing). Let's all have patience, wait to get our PM's responded to and realize that Mike is ONE GUY doing it all for us.

EDIT: It sure would be great if he had a shop.

Archived