LegacyGT.com

I'm a Vendor Now! Installs, Repairs, Mods - I make house calls

m sprank

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After getting oil change at the dealer they told me that my front driver side axle boot is torn and is leaking oil. I'm guessing this is what they're referring to? How much for labor for this job? :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/replace-rebuild-torn-cv-boot-and-axle-108975.html?t=108975&highlight=axle+boot

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Way cheaper to replace the entire drive shaft than to rebuild one CV. This way you get both ends of the axle and they are new. Its the labor on the rebuild thats the killer. Local Auto parts stores sell new axles for $75. O'side13 (John) just bought one 2 weeks ago for $75 that I installed for him.

I can drive up to you and install the axle for $100. That includes everything except the axle. I can bring that for you too if you want. If you come down to me I can do it for $75.

^ :eek:

Damnit, you need to move to Cleveland. :lol: That price is just awesome......

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As long as you dont hear any "clicking" you should be ok. The torn boot is going to allow dirt in and throw grease everywhere. We can hit a self serve car wash and clean off the grease. The CV is going to be replaced with the new axle so, oh well. If you hear a lot of "clicking" coming from the torn side the CV is going fast and you should be wary of a complete failure. I doubt you even hear it clicking during turns yet. Tear is probably new. You probably have a little time.

Got my newly cleared and resealed headlamps today. All I can say is :). Very nicely silicone'd back together and the tabs where the 2 halves come together are tightly tucked back in. Looks so much better than my first attempt.:lol:All I need now is a pair of eyelids to cover up the 2 small chips along the top of the housings.

Glad you like. Thanks for the iTrader. The lids should cover the blemishes that the lights came with. I measured mine (R-Rev) and they would cover them. They are sealed back up with a little extra butyl rubber (I get it from Nissan) and automotive silicone. The silicone never completely hardens, so it wont dry out and crack. Those lights should not ever leak at the seals. It takes time and patience to get all the orange out of the newer lamps, but it can be done.

If you like the work, spread the word. I think I am very competitive with Light Werkz on price, quality and turn around.

Good stuff, Mike! Those cleared lamps are bitchin'

If anyone in SoCal wants a pair of unmolested 2005 (the dark housing, unlike the 2006 chromed) headlights, which got rockblocker protective film since day one of ownership, hit me up. Mike removed mine when I got pre-cleared lamps installed. ...Or maybe I should get Mike to clear my original cleaner lamps and re-use them haha.

Absolutely. I can supply the Walbro. Its up to you. I forget what the old Infamous1 price for the mod is. But I will honor that price. I just need to check the old thread.

Edit: Just looked it up. The price was $250 plus a $100 core refund. Since you are supplying the OEM housing no need for a core, so $250. That price includes a Walbro 255 pump.

OK I have to raise the B.S flag.... What no pics??? I know we have all seen cleared lights but, come on at least one pic.

I'll get some up tonight myself. I'm all :) right now because my eyelids shipped today. With R Rev in NY and me in PA, I'm hoping to see them by Friday so I can get the front end all buttoned up over the long weekend.

Just had Mike install new rotors, pads and stainless lines - did a great job! Very thorough, painstaking, a true pro. Even came all the way back up to LA to fix a seized caliper that he really had no responsibility for. Would have him work on my car again in a minute - highly recommended.

Archived