LegacyGT.com

Official NorCal Spotted Thread

axis008

Yesterday, WB on 92 after the Alameda De Las Pulgas exit around 7:30pm, Silver LGT sedan.

Today NB on 101 around 3:45pm at Silver Ave. Exit, Silver LGT. Don't know if it was a Sedan or Wagon, damn overpass pillars were in the way.

Tuesday, black LGT going southbound 99 near Calvine exit in the carpool lane about 6pm. I waved, but only passenger saw me. He gave me the WTF look.

Wednesday, ABP LGT on Calvine turning in to Sheldon HS around 7:30am. Asian driver, but didn't see me.

Don't forget to bring ALL your keys.

I can't believe SOA sent letters out to everyone without mentioning that :rolleyes:

Why on earth do I need to bring ALL my keys? Should I unmate my Accessport, too?

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

^If you are getting the ecu replaced, you need all your keys so the can reprogram them. And yes, of course unmarry the AP.

If you are getting the relay replaced only, then you really don't need to bring all the keys or unmarry the AP.

^If you are getting the ecu replaced, you need all your keys so the can reprogram them. And yes, of course unmarry the AP.

If you are getting the relay replaced only, then you really don't need to bring all the keys or unmarry the AP.

That's what I thought. I guess I missed something on what Kostamojen and Fit2btyd were talking about.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Is the accessport all soldered in???

No, but if the ECU is re-flashed or replaced by the dealer, the AccessPort is useless. Basically, when you first program the ECU with the AP for the first time, it "marries" to it with code on the ECU. This prevents the user from using the AP on multiple vehicles. So, if the ECU is replaced/re-flashed, the AP won't recognize it and will lock the ECU out. That's an expensive mistake.

Also, I just talked to Maita this morning, and they said that for the recall, some cars also need their ECU replaced, which is why you need to bring your keys in.

IF YOU HAVE AN AP, UNMARRY IT BEFORE YOU BRING INTO FOR THE RECALL!!!!

Personally, I think they should call it an "annul" instead of "unmarry". :)

Are your cooling fans on all the time? If they arent, your ECU wont need to be replaced. At least according to the bulliteen about this recall.

Feh, it takes 10 minutes to unmarry and re-marry versus hundreds of dollars to re-purchase. Not gonna risk it ;)