LegacyGT.com

Bosal/SPT V1.5 Exhaust

jonoco

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I have sound clips but can't find a way to post em. :confused:

PM me and I'll email them so someone else can post them. They are .wav files right now.

Do you have a youtube account? If not, you could make one and try uploading them there.

Too bad they stopped shipping these to Canada, good you Montrealers managed to get in.

I'm looking for another option now.. :(

iNVIDA should be relaunching thiers soon...

Too bad they stopped shipping these to Canada, good you Montrealers managed to get in.

As noted ^^^^ iNVIDIA's should be out again soon. But if you're really interested in the Bosal exhaust there are options. Quite a few dedicated Canadian Customs Brokers offer a cross border service where you can have something shipped to a warehouse on the US side, then they deliver it to you once customs is cleared.

There's a cost of course, but again if you're really interested in this exhaust it'd be a way around them not shipping to Canada.... ;)

Hope this works....

Here are some audio clips.

ERZ+Bosal just some reving.

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=348483088.wav

ERZ+Bosal drive at about 120kph from inside the car. http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1058335107.wav

ERZ+Bosal drive by at about 120kph.

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=508956984.wav

edit*

Mods...

Dom 2.5R

ERZ Catted Down

Grimmspeed up with EWG 44mm tIAL recirc'd to down pipe just past bend

Borla UEL headers

HKS SSQV Race BOV recirc'd

TGV Deletes

AVO inlet

Bosal 3" exhaust with 2.5 donut flange replaced with a 3" flat flange.

Cobb CAI w. box

AWIC

Hope that makes everyons day and thanks to scoobydoobie for also trying to help out.

DAMN!!!! I'M AT WORK AND THEY HAVE SUPER WEBSITE BLOCKERS!!!! I won't be home for another 8 hours. Can anyone download these and put them say on youtube or something that way i can check it out on my Iphone? I know I know. I'm crazy.

DAMN!!!! I'M AT WORK AND THEY HAVE SUPER WEBSITE BLOCKERS!!!! I won't be home for another 8 hours. Can anyone download these and put them say on youtube or something that way i can check it out on my Iphone? I know I know. I'm crazy.

I tried to last night, but they are .wav files that don't upload. Just wait til you get home, lol

Hehe... I didn't even think posting them on here would be such an issue but being audio files u-tube and photobucket won't host them as they apparently only host vids.

Sorry. :-(

It must be the mic, mine does not rasp at all and I have a similar setup. This exhaust is really quiet considering I have a DP. I don't think you could get quieter.

Do I hear some raspy on takeoff and shift or is that the mic? I wonder if I will need to put a resonator on it....

the exhaust sound really good and seems to be pretty inexpensive....is it just a bolt on affair

i keep reading about flanges being changed but i guess i keep missing the why....some help on that please.

Why did they stop shipping to Canada?

I know before I bought mine Mike had shipped one somewhere in Alberta for 160$.

i keep reading about flanges being changed but i guess i keep missing the why....some help on that please.

If you are running a full 3" DP (ERZ, Invidia, Perrin, etc.), people like to remove the 2.5" bottleneck for better flow and fitment. The stock and Cobb DP's taper to 2.5", therefore a lot of aftermarket exhausts taper as well to mate with the stock downpipe (using the donut gasket/spring bolts v.s. flat flange for a full 3" exhaust).

Do I hear some raspy on takeoff and shift or is that the mic? I wonder if I will need to put a resonator on it....

Prob the mic on the mp3 player I used for the recording. I don't hear a raspy sound at all. When it was forst put on the tech at the shop I used was surprised at how quiet it was for a 3" affair.

Good to hear! How much did your exhaust shop charge to cut off and replace the 2.5" flange?

$75 but he reused the flat flange on teh exhaust. As you can see in the pic it's a short section that tapers to 2.5" as it was designed to mate up to the stock downpipe.

04142010045-1.jpg picture by 1nameneeded - Photobucket

the exhaust sound really good and seems to be pretty inexpensive....is it just a bolt on affair

It seemed to be a true bolt on affair. Even on my car where my downpipe was sitting a couple inches to the right due to the plumbing for the EWG Ricirc she bolted up easier peasy.

Why did they stop shipping to Canada?

I know before I bought mine Mike had shipped one somewhere in Alberta for 160$.

That was me :D Even with shipping and brokerage and $75 for the mod its was cheaper than anything else I could find.

Build quality seems decent. Heavy thick metal and flanges. You can kinda guess why they have this buffed out section on the tips...

04142010033-1.jpg picture by 1nameneeded - Photobucket

Overall I'm VERY happy with it. Makes me feel lucky that the Borla I was suppose to run failed. ;)

Archived