LegacyGT.com

Bosal/SPT V1.5 Exhaust

jonoco

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike called me back today with some other good information. He contacted his Bosal factory in Brazil to see if he can order more of the mufflers that are being used to go with his lonely mid/y pipes. This might be good news for those who missed out on the original few that he currently has in stock.

im about to but this, but a question for the people that have it. does the exhaust sound to quiet? im not looking for anything obnoxious, just something louder than stock, but not something that cant be heard.

im about to but this, but a question for the people that have it. does the exhaust sound to quiet? im not looking for anything obnoxious, just something louder than stock, but not something that cant be heard.

That's a perfect description of this catback. I've got it installed with the stock UP and DP, and it's not quiet, but it's certainly not obnoxious. It doesn't drone at all; it's almost hard to hear inside the cabin with the radio on at a decent volume, but I've been driving with the windows down. You can definitely hear the difference outside the car for a good distance. Second and third-gear pulls sound fantastic.

I can't imagine a better part for the price. Great dealing with Mike, too.

I'm running it with an ERZ catted down Will try to post clips tomorrow. Fitment looked like it would have been great but as my EWG is replumbed I'm having fitment issues with the dp so its now about 2-3" more on the passenger side so the tips end up un even with the pass side more protruding than the right. Will post up everything I can tomorrow.

I'm using Kartboy hangers. Wife like the sound so that helps! :D

Installed mine today, I also have the Cobb Catted DP.

It has a deep tone to it but not loud or raspy. Exactly what I was hoping for.

How about a quick sound clip? If you DVR the news, grab the cam and run outside for a few revs, you'll be back in time to finish the news before The Price is Right comes on. You'll also make a handful of LGT guys happy. Maybe?

We've all heard soundclips of this exhaust with stock dp sitting still. I too would love to hear some drive-by's especially with the ERZ DP. You'd be doing the forum a great service, kinder. ;-) I will be anxiously waiting.

I'm still on the fence just because I don't like the way the tips look and because I'm still not sure how good the quality of the material and welds are. The thread about the V1 complaints kind of scare me...

I figure it can't be any worse than the XO2 Ebay setup!

Sorry guys... sound clip is gonna have to wait till Sunday. Have a rattle and want to get rid of it first. :( I got rid of it today but then moved exhaust over a bit and low and behold I need to trim some more... (its all the EWG recirc's fault :( )

I installed the exhaust yesterday. The sound is spot-on for a nice rumble without getting strange looks. The alignment is very near perfect. During the install I tried both the regular and extra long Kartboy hangers (and combinations) and using all regular (stock size) works the best.

dmanaenk - thanks for the pdf.

PS: During the install my neighbor provided entertainment – he had a portable Dyno flat bed brought to his house for his Viper. That was much louder!!!

I installed the exhaust yesterday. The sound is spot-on for a nice rumble without getting strange looks. The alignment is very near perfect. During the install I tried both the regular and extra long Kartboy hangers (and combinations) and using all regular (stock size) works the best.

dmanaenk - thanks for the pdf.

PS: During the install my neighbor provided entertainment – he had a portable Dyno flat bed brought to his house for his Viper. That was much louder!!!

Do you have aftermarket DP? How do you like the look? Pics and/or video?

Archived