LegacyGT.com

Bosal/SPT V1.5 Exhaust

jonoco

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 25mm wont fit and I doubt the perrin 22mm will fit either. There is such little room that I think only the whiteline 20mm will fit. I would like to try out the cusco 21mm but Im tired of spending money and time.

Anywho, their will be a perrin 25mm rear swaybar with energy suspencion bushings for sale, unless someone wants to trade their whiteline or cusco bars.

BTW can I run the 25mm perrin bar up front with a 20-21mm rear safely? I guess if the factory came with a rear 16 and front 21 I shouldnt have a problem right????

Can't comment on the sway bars, but wanted to chime in. I installed 4X Rallitek hangers today and it pulled the cans up much tighter to the body. Looks 100X better. While not required, I'd suggest them to anyone installing this exhaust - well worth the $20

Oh, and I can confirm this exhaust clears my Hidden Hitch. No one probably cares, but now it's out there for reference.

I finally got this installed today. It took longer to get the thing up on jack stands than it did to bolt the exhaust in place. I also installed the Rallitek hangers and things lined up great.

My first impression (with the car still on jack stands) is that the exhaust is really quiet; not much louder than stock. I have a feeling that after I get my downpipe installed and the exhaust has some time to break in that the sound level will be perfect.

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase!

Got my install started but have hit a little snag until the morning. Need a new Donut gasket and teh bolts from thedownpipe to the intermediate sheared the threads, i guess not enough WD40 on them or the harsh northeast winters took their toll.

Just hope the stealership has the parts on the shelf.

installed mine useing the rallitek hangers. car sounds nice and deep, this exhaust is not high pitched at all.

how close does the exhaust tip need to be to the bumper to burn it?

Give them a call, only way to tell. Someone said he was trying to get more cans to fill out the mid/y combos they had. If he was doing that then they were getting close to running out of the full systems.

so got the install finished tonight, after an early morning call into the dealer for bolts and a donut gasket.

Have to say it fits nice, sounds great. Not sure why a few people say its not much louder than stock. Deffinately got a boxer rumble now.

Have to say getting it bolted up was a bit of a pita, possibly because of new donut gasket, but getting those nuts and bolts back together at the down pipe was tough and one of the bolts at the Y pipe connection took like 30 mins to get done up, there just wasnt enough room around that area, the bolt was not welded straight and couldnt get a socket on it.

If i were doing it again i would bolt the mid and y together before putting on the car. Perhaps someone said that in an earlier post.

All together a great purchase for the cost.

... and one of the bolts at the Y pipe connection took like 30 mins to get done up, there just wasnt enough room around that area, the bolt was not welded straight and couldnt get a socket on it.

If i were doing it again i would bolt the mid and y together before putting on the car. Perhaps someone said that in an earlier post.

Yeah, I learned after I got mine up and on the car, bolts in, that the mid --> Y-pipe bolts weren't going to work under the car. They're welded in to the flange and too close to the pipe to get a socket on there. And they're too far up on the tunnel to swing a regular open-end wrench. Had to take the mid pipe and Y-pipe out, tighten those nuts, and put the whole thing back in there to button up the can / downpipe bolts.

Which is going to be louder this Bosal or the Gimmick exhaust??

I'm currently running a ERZ catless DP/UP.

-Thanks

Haven't heard either, but from the impression I get...the GMS will be noticeably many times louder.

Which is going to be louder this Bosal or the Gimmick exhaust??

I'm currently running a ERZ catless DP/UP.

-Thanks

I would say go for the cxlightning x02 replica on ebay instead of the GMS. The resonator cuts down on the drone and it isn't too loud. I'm on ERZ catted dp with the x02, sounds great.

I would say go for the cxlightning x02 replica on ebay instead of the GMS. The resonator cuts down on the drone and it isn't too loud. I'm on ERZ catted dp with the x02, sounds great.

That would be a good budget system...do you have any videos of your exhaust?

Spend a little more for the Bosal. I had the X02 before installing the Bosal and you cannot compare the quality. In my opinion the fit and finish of the Bosal is 100 times better than the X02, and it sounds better to boot.

Spend a little more for the Bosal. I had the X02 before installing the Bosal and you cannot compare the quality. In my opinion the fit and finish of the Bosal is 100 times better than the X02, and it sounds better to boot.

Which one is louder? XO2 or Bosal?

I had XO2 on my wagon before and it's a little bit too loud for my taste.

Archived