LegacyGT.com

Bosal/SPT V1.5 Exhaust

jonoco

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude grow-up people can have there opinion...

Grown ups don't say "dude", dude. Also in that context the proper spelling is their, not there. Learn homonyms, dude. Now be a deer, oops dear(:spin:), and go bother someone else.

I picked one of these systems up last weekend and can't wait to get it installed. It's used so I need new gaskets. I'm going to grab a donut just in case (no surprises) and then I just need what? A 3" and two 2.5" flat gaskets?

(EDIT: just realized I am resurrecting this long dead thread, sorry. Has jvento moved onto a nice Honda yet?)

At least the dust you kicked up made you cough and then you realized what you'd disturbed.

Fortunately jvento hasn't been on the site since November of last year. Let's hope he's trolling the Honda forums now! :lol:;)

I picked one of these systems up last weekend and can't wait to get it installed. It's used so I need new gaskets. I'm going to grab a donut just in case (no surprises) and then I just need what? A 3" and two 2.5" flat gaskets?

What kind of DP you got? If stock or cobb just get a donut gasket/

Stock. I contacted Mike @ Bosal. He told me to just use the donut and Permatex for the other flanges since its secondhand. Are the 3" and 2.25" gaskets for the other flanges not a universal size? Has anyone used Permatex gasket maker before? Good results?

Won't be able to install until next weekend.

My oem donut has held up fine at the DP, and I bought standard two bolt gaskets to replace the others that rotted away during the winters. They don't match the outer flange dimensions, but can be trimmed if it bothers you. I usually coat all of my exhaust gaskets in copper spray to help seal better.

Just got mine installed on Saturday, Had a local shop install it (Moore Performance & Race Parts). They used a new Doughnut and Permatex on the other flanges. Sounds great, but I can't wait to get a DP now. Must have more Growl, also wanting to go Stage 2.

It's definitely not loud at all, my Fiancee even approves!

Only dislike is that with the 7 year old hangers, the driver's side muffler sit about 1/2 inch lower. It's not bothering me bad enough yet to justify urethane hangers...

Only dislike is that with the 7 year old hangers, the driver's side muffler sit about 1/2 inch lower. It's not bothering me bad enough yet to justify urethane hangers...

play around with the other holes in the OEM hangers to get the cans to sit closer to level. I got them pretty close and didn't have to change out any parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived