LegacyGT.com

WARNING: 06 WRX lip on an 05 LGT inside!

spartan

sorry my friend, this is not even CLOSE to what our lip look like when installed on the LGT. Our lips has no gaps what so ever, the width is perfect as well. No modification to the plastic at all. Just drilling into the bumper needed. With an extra hand you can have this done within an hour.

Yes our lips are ~$200, but I think that's worth the time that you will spend trying to make it fit and still have the big gaps.

Unless your time is not worth the extra $130 then I got nothing to say.

Do you still have them?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still haven't installed my ebay lip on my LGT08 mostly because when i did a loose fit it didn't fit at all. Did you have to heat, mold, shape, whatever - the lip to get it on? I'm wondering if my lip was something completely wrong for my 08.

just giving back to this thread :) here's a few more pics

IMG_00137.jpg

IMG_00138.jpg

IMG_00139.jpg

• I Donated Too
just bolt it on and it will look fine, the more screws you use the better it looks. it will flex into acceptable position as long your lip is an 06-07 wrx lip

^ this. It took about 10 extra screws to get it to look right. Plasti-dip it afterwards otherwise it fades nastily.

When I get mine, I think I will b using Krylon Spray Bedliner. I used it on my RavSpec Grill and Wing, and am happy with the way it came out. It doesn't peel off like plasti dip, BUT, it is pretty forgiving.

I did the 06-07 WRX lip, and I didn't plastidip the lip. Big mistake on my part, as soon as I get time and it's not raining, I'm gunna pull the bumper and plastidip it. It's only been on for maybe 3 months and is faded and has lots of bug splatters all over it :(

Chargespeed lip is in. Question for you guys who put this on an 06. Did you use the metal tabs that twist out? I know you just drill the holes for our bumper, but I am curious if I should leave the tabs or take them off.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This is mine: What do you guys think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/sumbaru/IMG_3809.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/sumbaru/IMG_3810.jpg

I used 4 heavy duty spring loaded clamps to help me do the install. 2 clamps were on both ends holding the lip flush to ends of bumper and then I centered the lip to the center of the bumper and worked my way back to the edges. I didn't need to cut and it is solid placement. The lip protrudes perfectly as if it was actually designed for full fitment. The center section has a square placement to match up with the bumper curve and the leading curve to the ends of the bumper were placed in the sun until the polyurethane material became really hot and totally flexible. I used about 15 screws to hold it all in place. Bumper was taken off of car and put on a paint stand to work on. Yup that's World Rally Blue paint! I ordered the 06-07 WRX front lip BTW.

Next: Off to detail shop to get tinted windows and deep cleaning!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/sumbaru/IMG_3828.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/sumbaru/IMG_3835.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/sumbaru/IMG_3840.jpg

Emblems and badges optional! JDM LED reverse light panel to be installed after wagon is completely polished! Headlights are polished out to like-new condition! Shiny and smooth now. It was previously yellow and oxidized pretty bad. I thought they were toast, Endless Autobody brought it back to life!

• I Donated Too
Next: Off to detail shop to get tinted windows and deep cleaning!

Emblems and badges optional! JDM LED reverse light panel to be installed after wagon is completely polished! Headlights are polished out to like-new condition! Shiny and smooth now. It was previously yellow and oxidized pretty bad. I thought they were toast, Endless Autobody brought it back to life!

Well done. Looks great, man.

Ej25_TS - 3 days to assemble it completely. Yup it was taken apart completely. Well worth the effort.

Famaya26 - I ordered the 06-07 WRX S204 lip. Just installed it differently. It is summertime so the hot sun helps with the installation process.

Laff79 - Thank you for the compliment. Took a lot of effort to make the change.

hansvonaxion - Thank you for sourcing the Kouki BP tail lights for me!!!

Got my 06-07 S204 lip put on today, pretty happy overall. I wanted the Ravspec, but was tired of waiting. Glad I got this one instead. I used to have an RBS, but those were fiberglass, and after 4 years and a few repairs, it had to go.
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

Archived