LegacyGT.com

WARNING: 06 WRX lip on an 05 LGT inside!

spartan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A question to Chargespeed replica lip owners:

Did you have to cut the extended wings that protrude into the wheel well area? It seems my lip is too long, so after having the lip fit properly in the front, the wings are 2 in. into the wheel well area and rub against the tire.

Any suggestions?

A question to Chargespeed replica lip owners:

Did you have to cut the extended wings that protrude into the wheel well area? It seems my lip is too long, so after having the lip fit properly in the front, the wings are 2 in. into the wheel well area and rub against the tire.

Any suggestions?

If you read the thread you would find out that, yes, you need to cut it. =)

• 3 weeks later...
Just remember it reduces your ground clearance. I have stock ride height and have hit it on just about everything...

LGT_Front.jpg.2292f0a700b25f3d1e3fabc6c5875e6a.jpg

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 4 weeks later...
I used 6 heavy duty spring clamps are handy. I didn't need to cut any part of it off. I placed 1 spring clamping each side, to hold end of bumper and lip together as a starting point. Afterwards, just use the remaining 4 to even out the fitment of the 06 STi lip to that of the bottom edge of the LGT bumper. It allows you full fitment without excess drilling of holes. Once you're happy with the lip's protruding edge, use screws and bolts to permanently mount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Alright I went through all 61 pages and found only a handful of times people mentioning the 04-05 wrx/sti front lips but none showing any results or progress or exact info. I actually got one for free the other day off an 05 sti and only put it up against the bumper and found the edges to fit perfectly and curvature look great but the center raised section obviously isn't the full length. Was wondering if anyone has tried fully installing one of these yet before I try to only find out it was a waste of time and order one of these haha.

Alright I went through all 61 pages and found only a handful of times people mentioning the 04-05 wrx/sti front lips but none showing any results or progress or exact info. I actually got one for free the other day off an 05 sti and only put it up against the bumper and found the edges to fit perfectly and curvature look great but the center raised section obviously isn't the full length. Was wondering if anyone has tried fully installing one of these yet before I try to only find out it was a waste of time and order one of these haha.

Do it! and take tons of pictures!

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased - 06-07 Impreza WRX STI S204 Front Bumper Lip (Urethane) for $59 shipped. Here what it looks like. The only thing I had to do was trim excess of the end on the one side.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/alicechick10/20130117_140823_zps59d755a3.jpg

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/alicechick10/20130117_140812_zpsf6f0e466.jpg

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/alicechick10/20130117_140802_zps426da61d.jpg

Archived