LegacyGT.com

WARNING: 06 WRX lip on an 05 LGT inside!

spartan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thebigevilfoot -

Be careful with blue lighting on your vehicle, your local enforcement community may be one thing, but if you travel out-of-area, be sure to rig up a secondary switch for the lights, so that you can deactivate them when necessary.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Not sure about the blue, but a white light might not look ricey and provide a functional reason for the gaps. I was thinking if the gap were actually increased this could serve as a good pick-up point for brake cooling ducts.

thebigevilfoot -

Be careful with blue lighting on your vehicle, your local enforcement community may be one thing, but if you travel out-of-area, be sure to rig up a secondary switch for the lights, so that you can deactivate them when necessary.

It is on a switch.

Not sure about the blue, but a white light might not look ricey and provide a functional reason for the gaps. I was thinking if the gap were actually increased this could serve as a good pick-up point for brake cooling ducts.

I wanted white, but there was only blue.

It is on a switch.

^ :)

---

LowFast - that's a very interesting idea! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It was so hard to get it, I passed it through the firewall on the drivers side, and ended up taking off the panels under my steering wheel to see where the wires were. And soldering at the seat of my car was extremely uncomfortable, but in the end it turned out okay. The leds aren't the kind of thing I'd drive with all the time, just like at night in a parking. If it were like a huge strip of leds all over the place I would think it's ricey, but these are 3 leds on each side.

Just put on the 06 wrx lip on my '08. I used a hair dryer to heat it up a bit as i screwed it to my bumper. Pretty much a perfect fit with no cutting at all. I'll post pics soon

That is good. Let see how it looks on the 2008 LGT. I am almost ready to jump on the wagon also and put that on my car. :D

Just put on the 06 wrx lip on my '08. I used a hair dryer to heat it up a bit as i screwed it to my bumper. Pretty much a perfect fit with no cutting at all. I'll post pics soon

Pics soon. Please.

Also which vendor did you pick yours up from?

I picked it up from D1Performance. I'll take some pics over the weekend and i'll get them up. By the time I get home from work its dark out. Probably get a photoshoot with my brother's '10 LGT also.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Yea I wanted the D1 mainly because its flat black vs the gloss.. My lip actually came cracked I let them know there customer service was great he gave me the opportunity to get it shipped back at there expense and get a new one but since it was already installed and cut he ended up just giving me a partial refund so I only paid 20 for it =) good deal to me

Here is the D1Performance lip on my '08. I heated it up a little while screwing it in. Helped mold it a little more for a pretty good fit.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/blazin2000/2008%20Legacy%20GT%20SWP/front3.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/blazin2000/2008%20Legacy%20GT%20SWP/front2.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/blazin2000/2008%20Legacy%20GT%20SWP/front1.jpg

There is a lip out there for the 08+ sti that I was looking at, but in the end this lip won because of the cost. I should be at road america at some point this weekend if you want to check it out in person.

Here is the D1Performance lip on my '08. I heated it up a little while screwing it in. Helped mold it a little more for a pretty good fit.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/blazin2000/2008%20Legacy%20GT%20SWP/front3.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/blazin2000/2008%20Legacy%20GT%20SWP/front2.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/blazin2000/2008%20Legacy%20GT%20SWP/front1.jpg

Looks really good.

Did you have to trim the any of the areas near the wheel well or in the center section?

Did mine yesterday. easiest way was to pull the front bumber off. very easy.. took some time to line up lip and mold with heat gun..I did have to cut corners and used dremel to cut corner and reglued the corner caps, looks great. Wow can believe only 65 bucks compare to 200-275 for legacy lip.. Its 95 percent perfect.. I can live with that saves me 200 bucks for other goodies. Cant see why other vendors charge so much. Well ebay vendor is making a killing on these..

get-attachment_aspx.jpg.9031b67f76a68caed9b06e2b02e938f0.jpg

Did mine yesterday. easiest way was to pull the front bumber off. very easy.. took some time to line up lip and mold with heat gun..I did have to cut corners and used dremel to cut corner and reglued the corner caps, looks great. Wow can believe only 65 bucks compare to 200-275 for legacy lip.. Its 95 percent perfect.. I can live with that saves me 200 bucks for other goodies. Cant see why other vendors charge so much. Well ebay vendor is making a killing on these..

Man that looks great. The lines really line up well.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived