LegacyGT.com

WARNING: 06 WRX lip on an 05 LGT inside!

spartan

Talked with the owner of Aeon and told him about what we are doing here with WRX spoilers. He told me that he will talk to his supplier and they will look at the number of Leggies sold in the US and decided whether or not it would make sense for them to make a lip for the last gen Leggy. I told him about the prices that the current manufacturers are charging for a Leggy lip and he told me that we are getting raped. He told me that he will do it for at or around one fifty shipped. I told him that I was telling everyone here that we were getting raped as well.

I will let you know when he gets back to me.

Hopefully your buddy has the cash or credit required to carry what won't sell right away, thereby allowing a big enough production run to keep costs down. It appears that no one else has had the balls or cash or credit to do that.

BTW $150 + $30 shipping = $180 = not $150

$180 is not a good deal. Is it possibly $150 shipped or possibly $180 shipped?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least for me, I would rather live with a slight misfit than pay double the price. If I was more worried about a perfect fit than being cost effective I would have paid the $235 from RavSpec. Also, I don't know how many more people are out there who have an 05-07 that don't have a lip that want one.

Hopefully your buddy has the cash or credit required to carry what won't sell right away, thereby allowing a big enough production run to keep costs down. It appears that no one else has had the balls or cash or credit to do that.

BTW $150 + $30 shipping = $180 = not $150

$180 is not a good deal. Is it possibly $150 shipped or possibly $180 shipped?

Try reading my post.

Do you have any pics of it before install?

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

theres a bunch of a 06 s204 lips on ebay now

think im going to order one tonight. im still not confident in installing it, so any tips from your installation will help..thanks guys

Here are some quick cell phone pics. As for the installation, pretty simple: You'll have to drill new holes in the bumper since these holes will not line since it's a wrx/sti lip. Then you'll have to modify the plastic under cover to make room for the new screws you just installed and that's it. Best way to do it is by removing the bumper.

IMG00061-20100604-1948.thumb.jpg.04af4fe18b145014290cf48b56fdf6a3.jpg

IMG00062-20100604-1949.thumb.jpg.c3f8ad21944150dd1b898aa4e50d9317.jpg

IMG00063-20100604-1950.thumb.jpg.9b9f261f776d2178208bb725dddd8d6c.jpg

IMG00064-20100604-1950.thumb.jpg.6a26183596dff39881c80b2592dd44ae.jpg

IMG00065-20100604-1951.thumb.jpg.2dcbd0115d8f09759357506d13c2ab2e.jpg

Don't know about the extra length b/c this fits perfect with no cutting for '08-'09s. I would imagine though cutting would be easy just need some heavy duty cutters. Scissors may work but not sure. Razor blade might be the way to go if you have a steady hand.

Don't know about the extra length b/c this fits perfect with no cutting for '08-'09s. I would imagine though cutting would be easy just need some heavy duty cutters. Scissors may work but not sure. Razor blade might be the way to go if you have a steady hand.

oh i see you have an 09... i guess ill ask around for some tools.

just ordered from here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-SUBARU-WRX-STI-POLY-URETHANE-LIP-S204-V-LIMITED-/380239656820?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58880cb774

stated that the lip is shipped in 1 piece and not bend the lip so i went with them.

I have the Chargespeed-style lip that I'm working on. Definitely need to trim 1.5" from both ends and the holes don't line up with anything. One challenge will be getting the side wings to stay tight to the bumper. I may sand them down a bit and even double-sided tape them to the bumper to keep them flush. Otherwise, it's going to look great.

As for the side wings looking too big, I think a lot of that has to do with camera angles. When taking pics of the bumper/lip from a 45 degree angle, the wings are the closest thing and look huge due to forced perspective. In reality, they look just right, IMO.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived