LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

Just got tuned today with the kit. Made some really nice numbers on a fairly conservative dyno! I went from 242 whp (pull before tuning today) to 260 whp and 268 wtq to 311 wtq. That was a crazy gain for merely just adding a front mount. Bryan, I can't tell you how pleased I am with this kit!

Now I just need a softer spring for by bov...I've got compressor surge like no other.

One quick question...upon cutting that piece where the i-bolt screws in, I notice that on the pass side (hot side) the pipe coming from the core going in front of the timing cover is touching at the bottom. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm wondering if I need to readjust some...anyone think this is a big deal?

Nice numbers! Did you have a stock TMIC before? and what BOV are you using? Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice tune.

The softer spring is a must.

I don't think touching the plastic timing cover is a big deal. It isn't forced against it, is it? If it is just touching, I would think it is fine. Both of mine kinda touch. More like off to the side at the top of the cover.

Mine originally was touching the top on the timing cover and then when I trimmed that piece that the ibolt screws into, it moved about 1/2 inch away but is touching the bottom now. I don't think it's forced against it...just touching. I will have to take a closer look at everything this weekend when I have some free time.

We finally got a nice day yesterday to do the install. It went pretty smooth overall. I still need to clean everything up though.

Good to hear.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Hey, I have a question, I have gotten the softer spring for the gfb bov and even with it tighten all the way, the car still wants will almost die....meaning that the spring isn't shutting the piston all the way. Does anyone have any advice???

got mine in. Thanks itsme!

I test drove it after.... tried to give it a little boost, broooommm.. pop! failed! the car stalled. lol! good thing I was not yet in the beltway. Pushed the coupler back to the throttle body hose area. I drove it to mcdonalds and back home without boosting. :lol: I fixed it though. Man, the car feels awesome! 2nd to 4rd gear pull!

DSC01463.thumb.jpg.2b9b25ef3e78ae02707ada269692b59c.jpg

DSC01462.thumb.jpg.43217e53eeaf18c59c4deffd5de07f63.jpg

Hey, I have a question, I have gotten the softer spring for the gfb bov and even with it tighten all the way, the car still wants will almost die....meaning that the spring isn't shutting the piston all the way. Does anyone have any advice???

Not enough pressure to close spring. Leak check time.

Gb ended. There were a few extras ordered, of which one is left. I'd imagine it's going to the first $815. Potentially another gb later in the year.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

In case anyone is interested (and this has been posted before).

Siliconeintakes.com for black couplers.

For the front at the IC you need:

2.5" + 2.5"-2.25"

2 couplers + $8 S&H came to $24.

Can someone else chime in on all the other sizes?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Keep us posted on how that holds up and the overall performance of your intercooler.

It's chipping like crazy! But keep in mind i have driven up to the mountain 5-6 times since install with snow and cinders on the road. It's easy to touch up but I may look into some other solutions.

It's chipping like crazy! But keep in mind i have driven up to the mountain 5-6 times since install with snow and cinders on the road. It's easy to touch up but I may look into some other solutions.

I used this same paint. I have yet to install. What solutions are you lookin into?

Anybody notice a little slower response with the FMIC?

I had a perrin TMIC before and my 18g was hitting 20psi by 3200, with the FMIC its 20psi around 3400-3500. Also I noticed a drop of 1psi, target is 22psi, with TMIC I was hitting that but with FMIC its hitting 21psi.

Just looking for what others have seen. Even with the drop I like the FMIC better, it pulls harder toward redline, at least it feels like it does on the butt dyno.

I had a perrin TMIC before and my 18g was hitting 20psi by 3200, with the FMIC its 20psi around 3400-3500. Also I noticed a drop of 1psi, target is 22psi, with TMIC I was hitting that but with FMIC its hitting 21psi.

Just looking for what others have seen. Even with the drop I like the FMIC better, it pulls harder toward redline, at least it feels like it does on the butt dyno.

Have you gotten a re-tune for the FMIC?

Similar sort of thing with my VF40. I am guessing you just need a tune and that 18g can move plenty of air to stay efficient and hit your targets. Please keep us posted once you are done tuning.

EDIT: ^ is all talking about IMMEDIATE change. NOT once retuned.

I'm self tuning. I was just wondering as I thought others had said boost threshold and targets were the same as before the FMIC. Maybe thats coming from stock TMIC, not sure. I know the perrin flowed better than stock, by about 1psi. So I guess the FMIC just has more pressure drop than the perrin TMIC?

I'll try adding some WGDC this weekend to see what happens. I might even push the 18g to about 23psi just to see. I've been trying to get an idea from compressor maps of what it could handle.

I'm self tuning. I was just wondering as I thought others had said boost threshold and targets were the same as before the FMIC. Maybe thats coming from stock TMIC, not sure. I know the perrin flowed better than stock, by about 1psi. So I guess the FMIC just has more pressure drop than the perrin TMIC?

I'll try adding some WGDC this weekend to see what happens.

I would say that you are right. Drew888 experienced the same thing from his Perrin TMIC to the FMIC as well (but on a VF46)

EDIT: ^ is all talking about IMMEDIATE change. NOT once retuned.

Archived