LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a cool ring of shiny aluminum at the ends, lol. It is covered by the couplers anyway, and you are using black. It looks good.

Oh, and stuffing a rag in the ends accomplishes the same task, I just found it amusing to see the red plastic caps painted so perfectly. You did a really nice job on them.

I used Rustoleum specialty high heat spray paint. I already had it in the garage. I probably put 5 light even coats on it.

How did you prep before paint?

Thx,

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Mine is at Tirado getting its heat dissipation coating applied to the core and pipes in the next couple weeks. Hopefully be able to install it in a few more weeks and turn up my power a little.

Also getting black couplers for the ic end tanks to keep it more stealthy from the outside :D

Hi,

Since the wrx 08 and the lgt is similar, any chance this will fit a forester xt 09 10?

Not sure, it may. I would need some one to test fit.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I'm an active member of subaruforester.org, if you want I could post a thread up in the regional section and see if someone local to you would like to test fit the FMIC.

Ok, that would be great.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Would anyone mind (and I'm sorry if this has been asked before) either taking pics or explaining how to pull the front bumper. I'm going to attempt this install but have never pulled a bumper off and need a little insight. I've searched and couldn't find anything on how to remove it.

1 popit in the fender behind the tire (each side). 1 popit in the fender facing front (push out the liner, it is behind, there is a notch in the liner at the popit location. 7 popits under the lip (all around). 2 12mm bolts at the front lip/splash guard. 4 popits around grill (08-09). 4 clips at grill. Grab it at the side and pull (don't be scared). It pops right off.

You would be amazed at how simple it really is and how little holds it on.

And if you have an 05-06 change "amazed" to "annoyed how simple it is":lol: Post bumper removal = Is my car really put together with plastic pop-its? Yes, it is.:eek:

And if you have an 05-06 change "amazed" to "annoyed how simple it is":lol: Post bumper removal = Is my car really put together with plastic pop-its? Yes, it is.:eek:

+1 to that! :lol: Don't forget to mention that they are so darn easy to break as well. Not the highest quality plastic popit out there. :rolleyes:

1 popit in the fender behind the tire (each side). 1 popit in the fender facing front (push out the liner, it is behind, there is a notch in the liner at the popit location. 7 popits under the lip (all around). 2 12mm bolts at the front lip/splash guard. 4 popits around grill (08-09). 4 clips at grill. Grab it at the side and pull (don't be scared). It pops right off.

Thank you sir! I appreciate it.

Archived