LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

Does anyone have the part number for the NAPA radiator hose that can be used to replace the BOV dump tube? I know I've seen it on this forum before, but cannot find it again.

I didn't know about this radiator hose deal. I got a stage 3 setup from my friends wrecked STI and was just using a 1" dia by 24" long piece of Gates heater hose going into the GMS turbo inlet. Worked fine, but I guess if there is a formed hose that fits that would be cool. Any pics of this thing anywhere? (no I didn't search for it as I am on my phone and it's annoying to do such a thing with it.)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does this compare to the godspeed kit? I think that i have read all of this thread but don't remember seeing this question.

From what I have seen the godspeed kit is a copy of the first kit I ever. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/340-xo2-racing-fmic-install-pictures-56k-beware-100630.html

That was a kit I designed in a DIY FMIC thread I started. It was just a modified WRX kit I made to fit our cars. Ox racing saw the DIY FMIC thread it started and bought the design from me and produced a kit. I got request from members to make another kit that solved some of the problems of the first kit. The new kit has improvements like you don't have to cut your bumper beam (that was a lot of work), all the pipes are beaded to help keep couplers from blowing off, it clears air pumps, you keep your fog lights, it works with just about every aftermarket intake are just some of the things off the top of my head.

When I made the kit I really had to keep the stock crash beam for several reasons. I have kids I couldn't imagine driving them around with no bumper beam. Some say that the mounting bracket that come with other kits are just as good as the crash beam that Subaru spent millions of dollars on to get a 5 star crash rating. I didn't want to chance it. It would have made designing the kit so much easier. But, the hard work paid of. Also my design keep you from hacking your car to pieces because one day you may want to trade in your car and having giant chunks cut out your may bring down your resale. ;-)

Also another feature of this kit is support. I continue to improve the kit. After come up with one I offer it to everyone at pretty much my cost plus shipping. I'm a tech geek and I know the feeling of being an early adopter and the only way to getting the update is by buying the whole thing over again at full price. I didn't want to do that to fellow owners.

On the performances side people are getting numbers. In a earlier post I linked to the thread of the 2011 WRX that I sponsored that set a record of 11.8 second in the 1/4 mi running a stock VF 52, stock block, my FMIC, and e85. Then, he later upgraded his turbo and made 439whp on a dyno with a stock block.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

P. S I typed this on my phone so excuse any typos.

I hope that clears things up. Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

From what I have seen the godspeed kit is a copy of the first kit I ever. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/340-xo2-racing-fmic-install-pictures-56k-beware-100630.html

That was a kit I designed in a DIY FMIC thread I started. It was just a modified WRX kit I made to fit our cars. Ox racing saw the DIY FMIC thread it started and bought the design from me and produced a kit. I got request from members to make another kit that solved some of the problems of the first kit. The new kit has improvements like you don't have to cut your bumper beam (that was a lot of work), all the pipes are beaded to help keep couplers from blowing off, it clears air pumps, you keep your fog lights, it works with just about every aftermarket intake are just some of the things off the top of my head.

When I made the kit I really had to keep the stock crash beam for several reasons. I have kids I couldn't imagine driving them around with no bumper beam. Some say that the mounting bracket that come with other kits are just as good as the crash beam that Subaru spent millions of dollars on to get a 5 star crash rating. I didn't want to chance it. It would have made designing the kit so much easier. But, the hard work paid of. Also my design keep you from hacking your car to pieces because one day you may want to trade in your car and having giant chunks cut out your may bring down your resale. ;-)

Also another feature of this kit is support. I continue to improve the kit. After come up with one I offer it to everyone at pretty much my cost plus shipping. I'm a tech geek and I know the feeling of being an early adopter and the only way to getting the update is by buying the whole thing over again at full price. I didn't want to do that to fellow owners.

On the performances side people are getting numbers. In a earlier post I linked to the thread of the 2011 WRX that I sponsored that set a record of 11.8 second in the 1/4 mi running a stock VF 52, stock block, my FMIC, and e85. Then, he later upgraded his turbo and made 439whp on a dyno with a stock block.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

P. S I typed this on my phone so excuse any typos.

I hope that clears things up. Bryan

Thanks for the info. :) I will need to be ordering one of these fairly soon then. There are no options for colors other than blue for the silicon couplers yet is there? I would prefer black to keep things less visually obtrusive.

Thanks for the info. :) I will need to be ordering one of these fairly soon then. There are no options for colors other than blue for the silicon couplers yet is there? I would prefer black to keep things less visually obtrusive.

That's the old pictures. The kit comes with black couplers now.;)

Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 1 month later...

Just threw this together for ****s and giggles. My car and Dujo Similar mods only difference Process West TMIC vs a RacerX FMIC. Peak torque same exact spot. Difference before that is less than 100rpm

http://www.brentuning.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&sat=0&cb=0&dgr=1&smm=1&sg=1&runid1=24&rgb1=000000255&runid2=15&rgb2=204000000

Still enjoying my RacerX kit. No rubs or rattles :)

Still enjoying my RacerX kit. No rubs or rattles :)

Nice graph. My pipes have pieces of silicone zip tied to them in strategic areas to keep from rubbing. Are you saying yours don't have contact areas anywhere?

Nice graph. My pipes have pieces of silicone zip tied to them in strategic areas to keep from rubbing. Are you saying yours don't have contact areas anywhere?

It gets close in some areas. Ran it without anything for a while without any audible rubs

This winter I put a piece of cut hose on the tow hooks just because it was close. Basically doing that locked the pipes in place.

I have more scratches in the PC from removing and reinstalling the pipes than from them actually being there.

hey nrw is there any more turbo lag with the front mount? pros and cons between the 2 I cant decide weather to do a fmic or a tmic

no.

In fact the comparison I posted mine somehow spooled 200rpm quicker. Didn't include the boost plot as the one on the dyno that day was reading a touch higher. And that was versus the holy grail of top mounts that are said to make more power than this [sarcasm] horrible [/sarcasm] frontmount :rolleyes:

• I Donated
hey nrw is there any more turbo lag with the front mount? pros and cons between the 2 I cant decide weather to do a fmic or a tmic

My experience was that yes, there was more turbo lag. Most of it was probably due to the "rich dip," which some good tuners can tune out, but is difficult to deal with from a tuning standpoint.

I know this is a RacerX FMIC thread, but just my experience, having had stock TMIC, RacerX FMIC, and PW TMIC... I would stick with stock TMIC with the BP mod unless you start being very restricted by it (i.e. running at least an 18G, and probably even that is okay). Less heatsoak than other TMIC options (but more than with FMIC), less lag frankly than either RacerX or PW, less opportunity for leaks (once you install the BP mod), no fitment issues. Also, at less than $100, it's cheap.

• Mega Users

I know the question was pointed towards NRW, but I used to have a very similar set up. The lag was very minimal, I could not tell ANY difference. I think you would need to have a higher HP setup to really notice any lag. I really liked the performance out of the Racer X.

I switched to a AVO TMIC, because I was getting a highyway drone that was bothering me, and it was because of the Racer X. The car is much for comfortable during highway travel with the TMIC. I have not gotten the car retuned yet, so I've got a serious performace downgrade.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I know the question was pointed towards NRW, but I used to have a very similar set up. The lag was very minimal, I could not tell ANY difference. I think you would need to have a higher HP setup to really notice any lag. I really liked the performance out of the Racer X.

I switched to a AVO TMIC, because I was getting a highyway drone that was bothering me, and it was because of the Racer X. The car is much for comfortable during highway travel with the TMIC. I have not gotten the car retuned yet, so I've got a serious performace downgrade.

Highway drone? How so?

Don't notice any drone, but you can hear clearly the turbo spool up & BOV. TMIC are quieter, they act like a muffler for the turbo compressor. Any FMIC will be louder do to the length of piping to the FMIC. You can quiet it down some by wrapping the pipes. Most don't wrap the hot side, but do wrap the cold side, to help with engine bay heat soak.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• Mega Users
Highway drone? How so?

Anywhere between 2600-3500 RPM, I got a drone that wasn't extremely loud, but loud enough to be unpleasant on the highway. For a daily driver, that can get quite annoying. Couple that with the pillarless doors and these cars can be pretty obnoxious at 75 MPH.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived