LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

Actually, I think Bryan missed up and sent me the skunk works model.... from my understanding it was supposed to go on his car….but sent it out by mistake….to bad for him he’ll have to create another..:lol:

Thanks guys. I couldn't help with the snow question. Out here in So Cal if it drops below 60deg. It will be the first thing on the local news and would be called something dumb like "Winter watch 2012!!" and everyone will be complaining it too cold.:lol:

And you be quiet! I told your core was a prototype and was forged under a rainbow for exrta power! Sadly, I can't make anymore because " It never rains in southern California" .

Lol j/k

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats diff about his core ?

Some say it was forged under a rainbow, others say it was dipped in unicorn blood, while the realists say there is no difference at all. I tend to think he used special sauce on the inside of the pipes to reduce air friction and thereby creating more efficient flow, but that's just me.....

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Out of curiosity, has anyone had this kit installed with the grimmspeed master brake cyclinder brace installed? I'm wondering if that will fit with the coldside ic piping coming so close.

I just took a look of the installed product via Google images, I'm going to say with the new shorty pipe it shouldn't be a problem… but I do no t want to speak for Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if I missed it in this thread, I've read through *most* of it. I'm installing the FMIC and have a stock air box. Does anyone have instructions, or even pictures of how the FMIC clears the stock air box? It doesn't seem to clear at the moment.

Thanks,

I was in the middle of PM'ing you. Look at post 14 and 15. From what I understand you have to cut the tabs that hold the two hose that run on the engine bay side. Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Mega Users
you need to cut the tabs on the box and shave it down as much as possible. you need to remove the circular rubber tab thing that secures the airbox to the front portion of the car, as well as mounting tab for it, and saw off the screws on the body. its also beneficial to shave down the tab on the PS reservoir (you'll see when you get there). Its an extremely tight fit, and will require irreversible alterations in order to fit correctly.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I only cut the two tabs. I didn't have to do any of the rest of the stuff you said.

Same here. And when people say it "fits" they mean it will work, but it ain't pretty.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Awesome kit! My biggest problem is blowing off vacuum lines because we're cranking up the boost. Can't wait for the retune.

Just a recommendation as well. I didn't vouch for the coated pipes for a couple reasons. I picked up a can of radiator paint by Eastwood which I painted the core with. Came out great! It will chip, but definitely adds to the sleeper effect.

Step one, zip tie vacuum lines. Step two, tune car. Step three... RECHECK vacuum lines :lol: I ziptied and was fine for my OTS MickeyD RR tune but once I got to Shamar/Infamous1 and got a roadtune I was blowing lines again. Needed to use a pliers to make it nice and tight and I have sausage fingers.

To those that did minimal airbox trimming, I HIGHLY suggest you regularly check your hotside for wear. The engine moves around in the bay. It wrecked havok with the very first OEM airbox LGT (mine).

Fortunately Bryan offered to be very accomodating about the pipe even though it was really an install issue. Bry, I am hoping to meet up with you at Subifest! (EDIT: and of course I will bring Luna by your place or you can pop by here soon to meet her. I need a long term daddy pep talk from a good dad)

Step one, zip tie vacuum lines. Step two, tune car. Step three... RECHECK vacuum lines :lol: I ziptied and was fine for my OTS MickeyD RR tune but once I got to Shamar/Infamous1 and got a roadtune I was blowing lines again. Needed to use a pliers to make it nice and tight and I have sausage fingers.

To those that did minimal airbox trimming, I HIGHLY suggest you regularly check your hotside for wear. The engine moves around in the bay. It wrecked havok with the very first OEM airbox LGT (mine).

Fortunately Bryan offered to be very accomodating about the pipe even though it was really an install issue. Bry, I am hoping to meet up with you at Subifest! (EDIT: and of course I will bring Luna by your place or you can pop by here soon to meet her. I need a long term daddy pep talk from a good dad)

I should make Subie Fest and I may bring the boys. I would love to meet your new addition and talk. I may even throw back on the JDM Tommy Kaira front end. I just hope they don't have any steep driveways. It's too low for a daily driver. But, ok for special occasions. :lol: So JDM

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/2012-01-22081915.jpg

or Stock

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/2012-03-23160913.jpg

I did not realize you still had that sexy TK front end. Must put on for subifest!

yeah, I never get rid of anything. Its a pretty easy swap. Just 4 bolts and about 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
Oy vey. Vacuum leak in the OBXT. Must be too much powa. Now to try to find time to track it down.

Like msprank said, check the T connector where it mounts to the intake manifold. I used hairspray to help prevent them from coming off as well as zip ties. I also recommend taking the alternator off so you can "easily" check and secure all the vacuum lines on the front of the intake manifold.

P.S. - Wish Subifest wasn't 2,500 miles away.

So I installed my FMIC this past Labor Day and its running great. I have one question for those that are lowered on coilovers or springs. I'm not yet, but I have a set of Tarmacs 1's coming this week.

I have already scraped the lowest section of the piping that sticks out under the car. I'm afraid to put the coilovers on now as I'd expect it to not last very long due to scraping. Has anyone had issues with the lower pipe scraping? I'm going to try and adjust a little this week, but from what I recall it may be able to move up a half inch with some ties, but I'm not very confident that will get around the issue when my coilovers are on.

Archived