LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

so literally, he couldn't remove 8 bolts, that aren't even difficult to remove?

not couldn't, wouldn't. It took over an hour on the phone with him to figure out that was the problem. He was trying to force the core behind the beam without removing the beam. That is not because of a "defective kit". I don't want to argue on the internet. I just want to respond with facts.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not couldn't, wouldn't. It took over an hour on the phone with him to figure out that was the problem. He was trying to force the core behind the beam without removing the beam. That is not because of a "defective kit". I don't want to argue on the internet. I just want to respond with facts.

Actually i put my intercooler on with the beam still on.:eek: Only thing i did was take off the radiator mounts, and the hood latch. It slid right it with no problem. Just giving you a heads up you can do it that way, without damaging it.

^Experience may vary. My core would not slip in happily that way but once I loosened the bumper beam bolts, it was a breeze to put it just where I wanted it and even use bits of hose to insulate anywhere I thought it might rub (before many of us were fabbing up mounts)

fastLGT, you sir are the ultimate FAIL.

My whole complaint was this - what kind of business doesn't have a return policy for a defective kit. He doesn't know me. I could be a retard or could have a masters in physics. Either way, a good business will, at the least, offer to replace it. He did neither.

hey dipshit, make sure you either one: post pics for the third time

At no point have you supplied pictures of the problem, which frankly, means, you ARE a retard.

He was super nice until I started talking about exchange/refund. Ask Msprank about him. There's dozens of issues with fitment. Most people just don't publicize it. I'm pretty sure AVO, perrin, and even FMS and ipr offer exhanges for defective items.

There are dozens of "issues" with fitment of EVERY fmic in a TMIC car. Do you have any idea what you are talking about because you sound incredibly stupid. PERRIN doesnt make a FMIC for our cars anymore because of fitment issues and how much cutting and work it takes to get it in the car. I HAVE ONE. Ive also had a V1, V2 and V3 RacerX. I was the third person to rock this FMIC after Bryan and MSprank. Ive installed several, including on Drew888's car. If your feeble mind is unable to grasp the reasons for why the design is the way that it is, maybe you need to READ THE THREAD which you obviously have NOT done.

okay. whatever. I'm not gonna argue with you about this. Bottom line is - he refuses to refund my money or exchange. Now i'm stuck with a pile of shit that I can't use.

Customers failure to install properly per instructions is not a warranty issue.

I don't need or want to be on this forum, I just posted this info to share my experiences with others.

You dont need to be or want to be a part of this community, you just want to come on and sh!t on a vendor who has worked hard to be a part of the community, is that it? Sir, you are like the dipsh!ts on YELP and GOOGLE that ONLY post negative reviews. I immediately discount and ignore those sorts of WHINERS.

Same thing i said in the other thread, I have personally received a refund from Bryan for a kit so fastLGT is obviously not telling the whole story.

I think it is pretty clear what he is trying to do and anyone that has delt with me know what he is saying is not true and that's for the support. This little episode is just a brief distraction.

But, I did want to let you guys know about a car I sponsored. He seem so far the be the fastest vf52 right now. He ran 11.8 sec in the 1/4 mi with bolt-on including my FMIC. ;) in a '11 WRX. Like I tell my customers. You don't need a lot of modds to make our cars fast. I depends alot on the driver. Here is a link http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2343897

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• I Donated
Wow. Looks like I got flamed. Angry internet mob. I still stand behind what I say. What he says is only partially true. No this is not a new account. Perhaps he has me confused with some other dissatisfied customer. I did file a PP claim. I did speak with him on the phone. I did send him pictures as he asked. I wasted too much time and effort trying to install this thing. As a customer, I expect to be treated a certain way. That did not happen. I don't want to argue with the vendor on the phone for hours about whether or not he thinks i'm doing something wrong. True customer service works like this - "Sorry you are having a issue with my product sir, I will gladly exchange it for a new one". He refused to even talk about his exchange/return policy. Just kept saying that he never had an issue before and blah blah blah. Even on here he says that. I can count at least 2 posts on this thread alone since I had my OP where people exchanged/returned his product.

Did you or did you not try to put the core in without removing the bumper beam?

When the RacerX came out it was the ONLY game in town, we were all greatful to have it, and Bryan made it happen at a price point that sold many. There was a problem with two of my pipes, it was documented so Bryan could see it and Bryan agreed to replace my pipes with no issue or further question at all. Super easy to deal with. Early on my FMIC ate a coupler during V1: he gave me a coupler. I told Bryan I liked his car: he let me drive it. I have nothing bad to say about my experience being Bryan's customer.

Just admit that you refused to either replace or refund and i'll go away.

It's one thing to be unhappy. But, why make up stuff. You are not even honest on the time line. This only happened over the last few weeks not 6 months. If it happen 6 months ago PP would not take the claim? You got the kit on 3/26/12 and you put in a claim on 4/5/12 and I just sent the kit you sent to me that was damaged to Paypal and they received it on the 4/25/12. You say you have a defective kit sitting there. Did paypal send it back to you already? We can solve this pretty easy. Give me permission to post the dispute comments from Paypal, pictures, 2 third party affidavits and your text. Please stop this. Your comment are just to defame not to inform. Just like you did on this site:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racer-x-v-3-fmic-back-fo-05-09-lgt-162970.html?p=3871114

and legacygt.org

http://www.legacygt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2428

Now you guys see the downside of being a vendor. Having to deal with people that have no other motive then trying to hurt you and run your name you took years to build through the mud. I just don't get it. I'm stuck. I don't want to reply but, do I let people tell lies and say nothing? Then, you say something and it turns in to a petty back and forth about nothing. I'm trying move on but, you won't.

I will admit that I did no offer you an exchange because you said my kit did not fit your car and you would not remove your bumper or just take of the bottom bolts and loosen the top bolt to tilt the beam to install the core. A new kit would not solve that problem. As for the refund, I asked you for pictures of the problem you said no and you said "Either you take this kit back and give me a refund or I will keep the kit and get my money back anyway!" At that point I contacted paypal and escalated the dispute and left it up to paypal. They decided if you returned the kit in original condition you can have a refund. I didn't agree but, Oh well. You win some you lose some. They you texted me to gloat that you were getting a refund. I tried to be the bigger man and said " You know what, My Brother just got out the hospital and is doing better and I'm sorry thing did not work out and I wish you the best in the future." And I was done. But, you want let it go. So, no I didn't offer you a refund because of everything stated above. So, now you can go away.

And btw. I got my racer x in without moving or removing the bumper beam. It went in rather easy actually.

There is up to 1/4" or so of variance between some cars from the factory. Not all experiences will be the same but they will all fit with the bumper beam torqued to spec.

Well Here is my opinion on the FMIC. AWESOME. That is all thanks Bryan very good quality and looks great! Here is some pics.

http://i47.tinypic.com/alrgcp.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/14xylf.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/soy4qt.jpg

Would you be able to sell me just the intercooler pipes from a V3 version front mount ? I want my fog lights back

I'm sorry. I only sell it as complete kits.

How much for the kit shipped to 25705 and does it allow to run an Sti style turbo

It's still $650 shipped and it fits lgt and Sti style turbos. I will have more ready to ship in about two weeks. I can add you to th list and contact you when they are ready. Bryan

Aem is fine. Hellas will depend on where you havethem mounted. Mine are behind my grill and there is plenty of clearance.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• Mega Users

Bryan, is there anyway you could also design/sell a stock airbox that fits under the hood the the IC piping of your FMIC? Can anyone do this?

I haymakerd my airbox and shattered it when I was trying to fit it under the hood which the IC piping. I really dont like my ricey CAI

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived