LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Wow I can't believe I didn't find this thread much sooner. I will be ordering one very soon. Sick of dealing with the TMIC / BNR16 combo. TMIC has not fit correctly since install and I have tried everything.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

• I Donated
Wow I can't believe I didn't find this thread much sooner. I will be ordering one very soon. Sick of dealing with the TMIC / BNR16 combo. TMIC has not fit correctly since install and I have tried everything.

Have you clocked the turbo?

• 2 months later...
Have you clocked the turbo?

Yes. I must be doing something wrong since others say it fit fine once clocked etc etc.

I'm done. Ordered my FMIC today.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

• 1 month later...
Those who have a aluminum radiator (such as Mishimoto) with this FMIC, what coolant overflow are you running and where did you mount it? I'm thinking to just go with the Mishimoto 850cc overflow. I think that should be enough compactly

Those who have a aluminum radiator (such as Mishimoto) with this FMIC, what coolant overflow are you running and where did you mount it? I'm thinking to just go with the Mishimoto 850cc overflow. I think that should be enough compactly

What I did, back on page #63

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3599867&postcount=936

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

^

Thanks for the advice. I ended up making my own little set up. I ordered a real overflow bottle but made my own for now until it shows up, I have a aluminum bottle that happens to be the same size as the one I ordered. Used come galvanized bar, and cut up a coupler for insulation. Actually looks pretty good for what it is.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af153/brianb3676/2006%20Legacy%20GT%20progress/8D4D02E7-4267-4225-83C2-3DF970C34DB3_zpsroqml7bu.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af153/brianb3676/2006%20Legacy%20GT%20progress/F8CDB861-2C5E-46E5-921D-BD95DB0EE4C4_zpsiowmv25l.jpg

Well FMIC is 100% installed. I feel its a quality unit for the most part. For $650 there is defiantly no complaints. I like the smaller core, as others use bigger ones. I am only going to be around 300-325HP, and the smaller core will help it spool quicker.

A few things I will note though for others who will one day buy this. I noticed a LOT of welding debris in the piping, and I mean a LOT. I first washed the pipes out with the hose, while shaking them back and forth to get the water to slosh around, I got some of the dust in there but not the welding debris. I got a micro fiber towel and put it through the pipes, using my compressor to blow it back and forth. This way got more of the debris but there was still some that were kinda sticky unless you rubbed them with your finger. My work has different brushes we use for cleaning pipes, and a nice snake we attach them too. I used this and sent the brushes down the pipes a few times, it knocked the debris loose and the pipes are now 100% clean. This is important because you don't want them going into your motor!

The other thing to note, the pipe coming off the turbo I think needed to be bent/rotated slightly more,the couplers, although they did connect, were very stretched and I didn't want them to tear someday. To fix this I got a 45 degree coupler (****** thing cost $39! haha) and installed that coming off the turbo. FMIC fits perfect now with nothing stretched or rubbing.

1072291277_Enginebay7-15-14.JPG.775b6546b55b3819dcdeedca7cca92d0.JPG

1980905835_RacerXadded45elbow.jpg.e5ce5b821f516174251b5b7acf231f1b.jpg

Well FMIC is 100% installed. I feel its a quality unit for the most part. For $650 there is defiantly no complaints. I like the smaller core, as others use bigger ones. I am only going to be around 300-325HP, and the smaller core will help it spool quicker.

A few things I will note though for others who will one day buy this. I noticed a LOT of welding debris in the piping, and I mean a LOT. I first washed the pipes out with the hose, while shaking them back and forth to get the water to slosh around, I got some of the dust in there but not the welding debris. I got a micro fiber towel and put it through the pipes, using my compressor to blow it back and forth. This way got more of the debris but there was still some that were kinda sticky unless you rubbed them with your finger. My work has different brushes we use for cleaning pipes, and a nice snake we attach them too. I used this and sent the brushes down the pipes a few times, it knocked the debris loose and the pipes are now 100% clean. This is important because you don't want them going into your motor!

The other thing to note, the pipe coming off the turbo I think needed to be bent/rotated slightly more,the couplers, although they did connect, were very stretched and I didn't want them to tear someday. To fix this I got a 45 degree coupler (****** thing cost $39! haha) and installed that coming off the turbo. FMIC fits perfect now with nothing stretched or rubbing.

Sorry to hear about the welding debris. I will look into it.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 4 months later...

Also,

any more detailed on this? Pics? Where's this lower black tray?

You will have to take off the lower black plastic tray. You will have to cut off the ends and it will look pretty much like this. You have to trim it for the pipes to clear. If you ever go back to stock this will be hidden by your bumper skin.

The tray is held on by 4 bolts. Since you cut the ends of the tray you don't use the threaded welded nuts on the outside. I would recommend you trim the thin sheet metal the holds the welded on nuts. It's a very thin piece of metal in front of the seam and a 1" wide. You can use a hack saw, pliers, tin snips, etc.. to remove. This will help the pipes fit up higher. Now get this 2.5" pipe. This is also the pipe you can cut on the straight section near the top to give extra clearance for the taller batteries. Try it first. Then cut if needed.

2017 Subaru STI

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited

itsme, does your FMIC fit with a kstech 73mm big maf intake +heatshield?

Yes, it will.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Also,

any more detailed on this? Pics? Where's this lower black tray?

You will have to take off the lower black plastic tray. You will have to cut off the ends and it will look pretty much like this. You have to trim it for the pipes to clear. If you ever go back to stock this will be hidden by your bumper skin.

The tray is held on by 4 bolts. Since you cut the ends of the tray you don't use the threaded welded nuts on the outside. I would recommend you trim the thin sheet metal the holds the welded on nuts. It's a very thin piece of metal in front of the seam and a 1" wide. You can use a hack saw, pliers, tin snips, etc.. to remove. This will help the pipes fit up higher. Now get this 2.5" pipe. This is also the pipe you can cut on the straight section near the top to give extra clearance for the taller batteries. Try it first. Then cut if needed.

Once you take off the bumper skin you will see the tray or you also can see it . You can call me if you have any questions.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if someone could tell me the size and qty of all clamps in this kit. I bought & installed the kit on my 06 LGT last summer. Now I'm thinking I'd like to upgrade all the clamps to a constant tension style with the spring under the bolt.

It would be very helpful if someone could give me a quick run down of the sizes and quantity of each so that I don't have to go through and measure them all.

I was wondering if someone could tell me the size and qty of all clamps in this kit. I bought & installed the kit on my 06 LGT last summer. Now I'm thinking I'd like to upgrade all the clamps to a constant tension style with the spring under the bolt.

It would be very helpful if someone could give me a quick run down of the sizes and quantity of each so that I don't have to go through and measure them all.

Here is a list of all the couplers. 2- 2.25"=1

2.25 - 2.5"= 1

2.5" - 2.75" = 1

2" = 3

2.5 = 3

Just rememberyou need clamps for each end of the coupler

• 6 months later...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqs739ddv.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscvtrykkg.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsn7jzbnxs.jpg

Finally installed the racer x I bought! I have one issue the pipe with the bpv going through the fuel lines you can see in my picture it really pushes on them and the pipes get pretty hot after driving. Is there any other way to route it? Other than that I love it!

• 3 weeks later...
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqs739ddv.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscvtrykkg.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsn7jzbnxs.jpg

Finally installed the racer x I bought! I have one issue the pipe with the bpv going through the fuel lines you can see in my picture it really pushes on them and the pipes get pretty hot after driving. Is there any other way to route it? Other than that I love it!

I run mine other all of the lines. I bent the lines up a bit by the intake. That color looks great.:wub:

I have run mine through the lines, and over the lines. every cars fitment is gonna be a little shimmy this way, a little shimmy that way, in this kind of fitment. I've had no fear of rubbing or busting a line either set up. just swapped to IAG rails and lines w/ fpr so cant wait to see how AZP plumbed it all. should look sexxx.

btw over 50k on this fmic ISSUE free, yea i have some bent fins from debris but what core doesn't. Never blown a hose/ clamp/ nothing!! look foward to fitting Grimmspeed intake with it! I will make it work

• 1 month later...
Greetings all! I just wanted to give you my long term opinion and a few remarks about Bryan. I have had this FMIC since his second GB on my 05LGT. I have been running 320WHP on a Deadbolt 18G for about 4 years now and there have been zero issues. I am as pleased now as I was day one. Well, I lied. I am happier actually. I am getting a Blouch 18G XT 7cm installed and tuned with some other items and needed some help from Bryan and he came through like I would not have expected. Bryan stands behind his product well after the sale and it is very apparent he is not just out for a quick sale and off to the next customer. He cares about what he sells and the people who buy from him. He is a great guy to deal with and can't say enough nice remarks about him. I would do it all over again. Ill post in the dyno thread after the new turbo and protune. Its funny, I had an AP V1, then a TDC Stage 2 disaster and then a Stage 3 protune from P&L then went to my Infamous OS tune and now to a AP V3 Protune. I am excited. FWIW Shamars tune was by far and hands down the best tune this car ever had. We miss him!

• 4 months later...

Archived